Kraton this is why you don't go to hobby shops..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
given my recent experience with them https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-warranty-outside-the-us-experience.19213/ and the people who have responded to the thread 2 so far and 11 via PM, I guess for people outside the US this surely means ~70 in whatever the local currency is to get the following parts - also noteworthy not all parts are currently available as per their website:

View attachment 67567

Thanks for this parts list, is this this current running list of known upgrade parts this far?

I did compare the exploded views and those were the only ones I could identify
I wonder why those screws don't show up on Horizon's inventory, the ARA721512, the screws for the rear chassis brace.

Not to chastise this thread , but this why I DO ! go to hobby shops , I've been a customer of our hobby town here in Spokane for 25 years , I've purchased I believe 15 different rigs , I'm thinking this is why I was shocked when the owner told me I was getting the new 8s for $775 , I was standing there with $1000 ready to purchase , he rings it up and I was speechless , again ,,,,, THIS WHY I ( DO ) GO TO HOBBY SHOPS , If you support them they will support you , this is not the only time he has done things for me , he gave me 4 gallon cans of Traxxas fuel for free years back cuz they were bent , that stuff lasted me 2 years ! Again this is why ! And why I will continue to support the small buisnesses only thing I don't like about it is the fact that some 17 year old clown knows more than I do sometimes ???

Got this back from Horizon after asking if they’d do anything for early adopters about the most recent updates...

View attachment 67562
funny enough I just saw that the support rep responding to you was the same one who said my rear shocks wouldn't apply to warranty but would be "normal" use grinding off the shock body while others were replaced under warranty ...

Not to chastise this thread , but this why I DO ! go to hobby shops , I've been a customer of our hobby town here in Spokane for 25 years , I've purchased I believe 15 different rigs , I'm thinking this is why I was shocked when the owner told me I was getting the new 8s for $775 , I was standing there with $1000 ready to purchase , he rings it up and I was speechless , again ,,,,, THIS WHY I ( DO ) GO TO HOBBY SHOPS , If you support them they will support you , this is not the only time he has done things for me , he gave me 4 gallon cans of Traxxas fuel for free years back cuz they were bent , that stuff lasted me 2 years ! Again this is why ! And why I will continue to support the small buisnesses only thing I don't like about it is the fact that some 17 year old clown knows more than I do sometimes ???
Very cool they worked with you. The two shops I support give me breaks on stuff. They are small potatoes compared to the pictures of lhs I see on here. They both really like cash though and give some good deals...
Glad you got the k8s, it’s a freakin monster, good luck with it!

Agreed, these small Mom and Pop stores are a dying breed! It's too easy to order online, where a lot of these stores have limited hours of operation, are closed on Sundays. I don't know how they stay in business with all the inventory they have; with some things sitting on store shelves for months.

Ideas and impulse purchases are the reason most of us buy anything. If you don't have it, you lost a sale. If I have to order online I'll think about it first and sometimes back out/procrastinate because of the shipping wait/time. Jeff Bezos is NOT a genius, he simply made it easy for lazy humans with no patience..

Gorilla tape.
IMG_20200229_154744268.jpg

Badlands
IMG_20200229_170915449.jpg

Did some wire rerouting and used tesa tape to clean up the wires. I also attached the caps pack with double sided tape on the esc housing. Looks much much better than being zip ties on the wires

Wtf! This car doesn't come with sway bars?
I said the same. Some sway bar parts are included. But the bars and balls have to be purchased as an option part. K6 have them, why not k8? If I had a K8, sway bars would be on my short list. F and R. I doubt the rear brace will be here soon. New production gets those first.Im sure there is a part #, but not published until it becomes released. It appears to be cast alloy. But if it works... great. I think HH will offer it under warranty once they stock them. And you politely ask? Arrma obviously listened to feedback and acted fast. A sign of a reputable brand.

Last edited:
I said the same. Some sway bar parts are included. But the bars and balls have to be purchased as an option part. K6 have them, why not k8? If I had a K8, sway bars would be on my short list. F and R. I doubt the rear brace will be here soon. New production gets those first.Im sure there is a part #, but not published until it becomes released. It appears to be cast alloy. But if it works... great. I think HH will offer it under warranty once they stock them. And you politely ask? Arrma obviously listened to feedback and acted fast. A sign of a reputable brand.

It’s said it doesn't need them, and that if you want them there’s always an option to buy the required parts

If anyone can help me out with the thread pitch on the lug nuts that would be great.

It’s said it doesn't need them, and that if you want them there’s always an option to buy the required parts
Who said the K8 doesn't need sway bars? People who have the K8 and never tried adding the sway bars? Because it is simply not included?
I know Arrma never said that.
Arrma just chose to not install them to save 3 nickels on the pricepoint and create an option part that adds revenue. (Business model) But the K8 is sway bar ready for a reason. And some of the SB parts are included in the box? But not needed? :unsure:
The K6 has them. If the same applied to the 6s line, one could also say they are not needed. But they were included. It is common for brands to decide if they want to keep some value added parts as option only parts. Doesn't mean the swaybars have no value, function or benefit or just don't "need" them. What I am trying to say is don't knock the sway bars unless you tried it. I just haven't seen anyone install them yet. The K8 is expensive enough and appears to drive nice as is. Yes. I have race kits that also leave the sway bars as an option part. I could never say it is not needed because there are none in the kit. Sway bars are just a tuning aid for handling. They wont make or break your driving skills. But they do change the handling characteristics.
I would like to see if it made a difference to someones K8 and what their thoughts were.:cool: I do have an interest in the K8.(y) I think its really nice.
On my second cup of coffee. Please pardon my fury over the silly sway bars?:coffee::coffee::p

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back