Tool talk, show and tell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love some Knipex. These are the ones I got at the work box. I like the push button ones myself so I can adjust 1 handed easily if the other is holding a part or something. Got a couple snappy in there. They're great but cost too much honestly.
Most used are the small cobras. They open up huge for they're size.

Apologize for the dirty crap. I use this stuff daily. Get cleaned good about once a week and today ain't that day 🤣

20240509_111124.jpg

Love some Knipex. These are the ones I got at the work box. I like the push button ones myself so I can adjust 1 handed easily if the other is holding a part or something. Got a couple snappy in there. They're great but cost too much honestly.

Apologize for the dirty crap. I use this stuff daily. Get cleaned good about once a week and today ain't that day 🤣

View attachment 365539
Mine ain't any cleaner bro. :LOL: They are ment to be dirty, and I rarely clean any of mine, keeps em from rusting. Anything new off the Snap-On truck or did you stay strong.

Mine ain't any cleaner bro. :LOL: They are ment to be dirty, and I rarely clean any of mine, keeps em from rusting. Anything new off the Snap-On truck or did you stay strong.

They still get spots. I like the dark patina spots old pliers get. I've got some that are just straight up brown colored from many many years of use.

Old snappy truck was actually broke down today! I got a text from him at like 845am saying he wasn't gonna make it.. got to keep my monies another week!

I like that he text everyone on a normal basis, sometimes just to check on and see if we need anything ordered instead of waiting all week to see him. Great service.

I'm only eye balling getting a replacement 23mm flank drive plus wrench... I've apparently misplaced mine and I can't have that. That sets at home. 8-24. Not a cheap set there. Thank God I don't have a huge need for standard sizes too. Just use craftsman for the standards 🤣

View attachment 365539
Those slip-joint Snappy’s next to the impact are F’n GNARLY. Well worth the coin. They do what every other slip-joint plier is SUPPOSED to do, but doesn’t, lol..

I had a set of the old Blue-Point “Kiwi” pliers in short handle. Those things were some of my favorite of the non-standard, “weirdo” plier designs I had.. 🤩

-and then of course the brushed nickel looking Snap-On storks. Those were likely my favorite hands down. Or my Knipex mini-bolt cutters..🤤

View attachment 365539
I guess I'm just used to the slip joints, the push buttons are OK. Snappy can get pricey but the quality is there and as long as I don't lose them, it's the only time I have to buy them.
Those slip-joint Snappy’s next to the impact are F’n GNARLY. Well worth the coin. They do what every other slip-joint plier is SUPPOSED to do, but doesn’t, lol..

I had a set of the old Blue-Point “Kiwi” pliers in short handle. Those things were some of my favorite of the non-standard, “weirdo” plier designs I had.. 🤩

-and then of course the brushed nickel looking Snap-On storks. Those were likely my favorite hands down. Or my Knipex mini-bolt cutters..🤤
You mean...LIKE THESE! I love my mini bolt cutters, if it will fit in it, it will cut it. The needle nose second from the right are amazing, Snappy's.
IMG_20240509_213232856_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

The snappy pliers have teeth for sure man. I think they're over priced when you can get others in thier league for less but doesn't change the fact that they are damn good at what they do 😂
They're the only ones I'm aware if that have the 2x adjustment to open up super wide.
I got all sorts of random crap in there 😂

I guess I'm just used to the slip joints, the push buttons are OK. Snappy can get pricey but the quality is there and as long as I don't lose them, it's the only time I have to buy them.

You mean...LIKE THESE! I love my mini bolt cutters, if it will fit in it, it will cut it. The needle nose second from the right are amazing, Snappy's.
View attachment 365615

Those needle nose 2nd from the right.. are those the new ones they came out with recently? The penny picker uppers?

I might need a pair of those... 🤔

The snappy pliers have teeth for sure man. I think they're over priced when you can get others in thier league for less but doesn't change the fact that they are damn good at what they do 😂
They're the only ones I'm aware if that have the 2x adjustment to open up super wide.
I got all sorts of random crap in there 😂

Those needle nose 2nd from the right.. are those the new ones they came out with recently? The penny picker uppers?

I might need a pair of those... 🤔
Yep! ;) I need the rest of them! No I don't , no I don't, no I don't. Today is my Snappy day, wish me luck!

Ya know, for as many tools as I have, my R/C stuff is pretty lacking. I've only just picked up this drill set from my lhs recently and boy does it make a world of difference, I've been working with these Pro-Tek drivers for years and using my other tools to fill in the blanks. With this being a tool show and tell thread, and on AF I really expected to see more stuff related to our hobby. I could sure use so more tools, and love seeing what everyone else has to give me ideas and direction.

Many of you have WAY more experience in this arena than I do and I marvel in wonder at the stuff you guys build.
IMG_20240509_225542605.jpg

Ya know, for as many tools as I have, my R/C stuff is pretty lacking. I've only just picked up this drill set from my lhs recently and boy does it make a world of difference, I've been working with these Pro-Tek drivers for years and using my other tools to fill in the blanks. With this being a tool show and tell thread, and on AF I really expected to see more stuff related to our hobby. I could sure use so more tools, and love seeing what everyone else has to give me ideas and direction.

Many of you have WAY more experience in this arena than I do and I marvel in wonder at the stuff you guys build. View attachment 365678

Man.... if you seen what I use workin on my rc's.... 🤣😂 at work? Yep high dollar... at home for rc? B-A-SIC.

Don't know why exactly. Guess I'm content. Been doin this 30 of my 37 years with basic tools. Guess I'm set in my ways 😂

My wife has this 12v black and decker drill that is 1. Weak and 2. Slow speed.. when she ain't lookin ill steal that thing. Thats as fancy as I get. 😅

Took my Solus Edge for an update, and needed a new cable. For anyone else who has an aftermarket scan tool, 2018 and up Dodge and Nissan (more manufactures to follow suit) require a secure gateway to access now. Thanks car thieves, d-bags.

I'm not happy with the cable redesign, my old cable had a button actuated light in the end of it to help easier locate the obd-2 connector and the new one does not.

Also warrantied my cable cutters and bought a pair of spring loaded flush cutters for use with my r/c stuff, Knipex of course!

IMG_20240510_163126484.jpg
IMG_20240510_163123737.jpg
IMG_20240510_163131011.jpg
IMG_20240510_163116830.jpg

IMG_20240510_163104925.jpg

We need an official AF Tool Time Girl..
for this thread.
View attachment 365383

Just sayin'
We sure as hell damn well bloody well do!:love::cool::p

I've had this little guy for 34 years now, still as good as the day i got it.

MERICA! 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Thank you Mr.Leatherman

Attachments

• DSC02504.JPG
    DSC02504.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC02505.JPG
    DSC02505.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You and me both man... if I see something I want.... say a socket set. I'll ask em how much and if he says 120 I'll respond with I'll give you 90 right now.. its surprising how often that actually works out. Worst they say is no or try to meet you in the middle 😂

My guys are honestly good people though. They let me get away with some straight up bs... like..
I buy used snap on from matco all the time for DIRT cheap... then I warrenty it with snap on for new shiny stuff.. both guys know exactly what I do and let me no issue. So long as I don't try to claim too much at a time..
I've gotten so much stuff that way it's honestly ridiculous....

Thats an amazing trick to the system... never ever trade crap in.... always break it, warranty it and sell the new item at or right under price...

Tool truck tricks
I used to do the same thing when I worked at the body shop.lol it's definitely works ..I reamember going to flea markets or yard sales finding craftsman ,or Mac tools snap on and turning them in for new .many a times updated versions because they didn't make the old style anymore

Took my Solus Edge for an update, and needed a new cable. For anyone else who has an aftermarket scan tool, 2018 and up Dodge and Nissan (more manufactures to follow suit) require a secure gateway to access now. Thanks car thieves, d-bags.

I'm not happy with the cable redesign, my old cable had a button actuated light in the end of it to help easier locate the obd-2 connector and the new one does not.

Also warrantied my cable cutters and bought a pair of spring loaded flush cutters for use with my r/c stuff, Knipex of course!

View attachment 365739View attachment 365740View attachment 365742View attachment 365744

View attachment 365737
Those are very nice 👍

We sure as hell damn well bloody well do!:love::cool::p

I've had this little guy for 34 years now, still as good as the day i got it.

MERICA! 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Thank you Mr.Leatherman

Oh yeah!???
I see your Leatherman and raise you my ancient Leatherman PST II 😍🤣
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Rebar in the dark earth/black color. I've had these since I was very very young.

20240510_193508.jpg

I used to do the same thing when I worked at the body shop.lol it's definitely works ..I reamember going to flea markets or yard sales finding craftsman ,or Mac tools snap on and turning them in for new .many a times updated versions because they didn't make the old style anymore

Those are very nice 👍
Thanks!

Oh yeah!???
I see your Leatherman and raise you my ancient Leatherman PST II 😍🤣
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Rebar in the dark earth/black color. I've had these since I was very very young.

View attachment 365787
Oh yeah!???
I see your Leatherman and raise you my OG Leatherman and my OG Micra 🤣
1715389316343.png

Oh yeah!???
I see your Leatherman and raise you my OG Leatherman and my OG Micra 🤣
View attachment 365788

Oh man! I have a brand new micra in the package somewhere! I forgot all about that till I seen your pic!.... great now I'm gonna be on a mission to find that thing 🤣

I love the old school Leatherman's. Used to be every man carried one in its leather pouch. My leather one died many years ago.

Nice pieces @Dutch !

Oh man! I have a brand new micra in the package somewhere! I forgot all about that till I seen your pic!.... great now I'm gonna be on a mission to find that thing 🤣

I love the old school Leatherman's. Used to be every man carried one in its leather pouch. My leather one died many years ago.

Nice pieces @Dutch !
I got that leatherman in 1984 when I was in the Army and the micra in 1996 and it's my EDC to this day.

Back