Granite Top of the Line Ultimate Granite Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leewilson7

Reaction score
There are lots of threads that talk about the best upgrades for low cost. If money was no object what are the most tricked out upgrades you’d give to a Granite?

Yes “for the money” you could just step up to the Kraton, but doing this as a hobby, I’m wanting to make an absolute beast out of my Granite just for fun and experience.

I started with just the plain Granite Mega and have since converted it to the BLX model drivetrain (except with a Hobbywing Max10 3200kV motor and a 15T pinion). I’ve also ordered a 20T and 26T pinion but I’m sure there are other upgrades I need to make before putting those in!

Just having some fun with the hobby. Dare to dream. What would be your ultimate Granite build?

The entire HR line:

Hubs
Hexes
Steering block
Bellcrank
Yokes
Diffs
Spur
Pads
Shocks
Motor mount
Pivot balls

Then other parts:

Arrma CVDs
Proline Badlands MX28s
Typhon 3S wing mount and wing
TBone basher bumper
Arrma BLX120/2400kv combo
18T pinion

I think I've gotten it to where I want it. I'd say be careful about overupgrading. I had the same goal as you. Money was not an obstacle, I just wanted the best Granite. I've dropped some "upgrades" because they just caused more trouble without really improving anything. I've held off on other "upgrades" because the stock ones perform perfectly. This is the result so far. I'm still snapping axles so the next upgrade will probably be typhon 3s arms/axles/hexes.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/upgrades-to-my-granite-4x4-blx-3s.23319/

Once you start upgrading to 4s and get all the upgrades you need to handle the extra power, you really might as well get a Kraton or Outcast, it's no longer a Granite.

Last edited:
You guys crack me up! You're worried about UPGRADES ... while I'm always worried about keeping my Granite running so I don't miss any run time LOL! I'm a driver, not a wrencher (and not a very good driver, either).

You guys crack me up! You're worried about UPGRADES ... while I'm always worried about keeping my Granite running so I don't miss any run time LOL! I'm a driver, not a wrencher (and not a very good driver, either).
Um, that's the primary reason for the upgrades. Check my build, it's all about durability and staying running. Except for the Hot Racing 10mm extensions, that's just a major performance boost. Axles are the only things that cause occasional problems now. I think the Typhon axles will fix that problem. The right upgrades and you can worry less about keeping it running.

Last edited:
Both my big rock an senton modded up good.favorite modd is widen them.LESS ROLLING.RPM A-ARMS AN 10MM EXTENSIONS ON EACH CORNER KEEP THEM PLANTED AND SAVES YOUR BODY

I guess the you have to ask, why are you upgrading, are you going for more power and speed, or are you going for more durability. Both are valid upgrade paths with a lot of overlap, but the endgame is an extremely important one to factor. I honestly, only run 2s in my Granite so far. I don't see a need to every go 4s, and 3s only for longer run times. So, upgrades for durability are what I am looking for.

Left side stock right side typhon arms. My best mod to date

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 60
RPM A-Arms, that's it. Nothing else necessary

If you want stupid fast put 6s system in it.idid an run on 4s.stupid fast.above 4s diffs cant handle it.add weight is a factor above 3s.blx185 in senton.hobbywing quickrun 150a an 4074 arrma motor in Big rock.they both are stupid fast.max10 can run 4s.make sure u adjust slipper clutch or bye-bye rear diff
RPM A-Arms, that's it. Nothing else necessary
Arms an turnbuckles I used these buckles.im still using stock axles,broke a bunch but they work.makes truck lots funnier
Senton before arms.. orange body after typhoon A-Arms blue body.lot wider.rolling breaks sh t an destroys body in my opinion.truck never rolls now.granite may still roll but not as much.great mod.

Attachments

• 20200724_204418.jpg
    20200724_204418.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200717_182323.jpg
    20200717_182323.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20200724-205915_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-205915_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20200724-214707_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-214707_Photos.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200722_194626.jpg
    20200722_194626.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I guess the you have to ask, why are you upgrading, are you going for more power and speed, or are you going for more durability. Both are valid upgrade paths with a lot of overlap, but the endgame is an extremely important one to factor. I honestly, only run 2s in my Granite so far. I don't see a need to every go 4s, and 3s only for longer run times. So, upgrades for durability are what I am looking for.

Well I don't want to answer both but......keep in mind I started with the regular Granite Mega bc the BLX is not available right now. So, I’ve already upgraded to what should be equivalent or better than the stock BLX. Now I’d like to take it just a little bit farther as far as power/speed goes. Then at that point I want to make it really durable so that I’m not breaking something after every bashing session.

No desire to really go 4s because I think it would end up with me breaking parts left and right.

Then max10 is perfect.lighwight 2s-4s. Max10 more than enough.put 20t pinion in it an good luck keeping tires on it.should send pic of mega.think slipper clutch is different than blx.

Um, that's the primary reason for the upgrades. Check my build, it's all about durability and staying running. Except for the Hot Racing 10mm extensions, that's just a major performance boost. Axles are the only things that cause occasional problems now. I think the Typhon axles will fix that problem. The right upgrades and you can worry less about keeping it running.

I knew someone was going to say that. Still, I'm one of those guys who does minimal upgrades, only for the parts that keep breaking. I tend not to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading. Seem to me (in my experience at least) that some minimal upgrades are necessary but a lot of the parts don't seem to add durability or performance over the stock parts. But hey, to each his own ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back