Typhon Typhon 4x4 Mega shock upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcpherson

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
I bought the new Typhon 4x4 Mega Brushed car for my son and he smashed into something and bent the shock pretty good (I have tried to bend back but it is not gliding smooth.) Is there a simple, inexpensive upgraded set of shock that I can put on this thing? From what I am seeing, the stock shocks aren't great, so it probably makes sense to put a better one on correct? Worth noting that we also own the new Granite and Senton as well. The Senton is for my older son so if the senton shocks would work on the Typhon, maybe I can get some better shocks for his Senton, as he drives it a bit more. Any help would be appreciated!

Although expensive, the 6s Typhon shocks is a highly recommended. I have upgraded everything but the shocks on mine and the 6s shocks is what I am purchasing.

I bought the new Typhon 4x4 Mega Brushed car for my son and he smashed into something and bent the shock pretty good (I have tried to bend back but it is not gliding smooth.) Is there a simple, inexpensive upgraded set of shock that I can put on this thing? From what I am seeing, the stock shocks aren't great, so it probably makes sense to put a better one on correct? Worth noting that we also own the new Granite and Senton as well. The Senton is for my older son so if the senton shocks would work on the Typhon, maybe I can get some better shocks for his Senton, as he drives it a bit more. Any help would be appreciated!
Although expensive, the 6s Typhon shocks is a highly recommended.
If you want to just update the shocks on the Typhon, using the Typhon 6s ones is a perfect swap. Regarding the cost, keep an eye here, https://jennysrc.com/ and scoop up a set the next time they are available. Keep in mind that they are much heavier than the stock shocks and will definitely require some balancing to get the feel you want.

Honestly cost for the most part isn't a issue for me. My wife is more than happy to hand me the bank card...;)
The issue is this time of year, 13 grand kids later and a not so smiling Santa Clause, but I am definitely going with the 6s shocks when the time comes.
I went with the Mega simply because modding is just as exciting as running them. I really enjoy buying something cheap and building it into something incredible, and it is.... :p

I used the hot racing alu shock bodies on my typhon mega and these are holding up excellently - they take the stock arrma rods but beef everything else up. I think though the 6s shocks are a well trodden (and as i understand it, superior) solution.

If you want to just update the shocks on the Typhon, using the Typhon 6s ones is a perfect swap. Regarding the cost, keep an eye here, https://jennysrc.com/ and scoop up a set the next time they are available. Keep in mind that they are much heavier than the stock shocks and will definitely require some balancing to get the feel you want.

This one https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330623? Right from Arrma site but yeah, that is steep. Anything 3rd party that you could recommend?

If keeping costs down is a priority, you can just rebuild the stock shock. It sounds like you bent the shaft. You can buy new shafts and and o-rings and reuse the rest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back