Usps shipping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USPS has generally been very good for me. I've had packages getting stucked in FL for over a week for no reason, but apart from that, no complaints.

Honestly, it puzzles me a bit why USPS is getting so much hate. It does seem to be a horribly mismanaged agency, but IME they offer an adequate service with some hiccups happening from time to time. I view the waiting as part of the "ordering online" deal. If you can't wait, just go to a local store and pay full MSRP.

I understand the other services can make a lot of sense for the US-based people if the other companies are faster and more reliable, but when ordering in the US from Canada (and probably anywhere else in the World), USPS is the only real option. The other companies are charging insane brokerage fees, so it's better to avoid them.
It gets hate because many, many people's experiences with USPS are terrible, and people generally speak from their personal experience, not the experience of others. Delays happen, especially with weather and all the crazy stuff going on. Delays themselves aren't the issue, at least not for me. One of the biggest issues for me is how often they experience delays and how they handle them...and their terrible tracking system. With both UPS and FedEx, if a package is delayed, you almost always get an exact reason as to what's going on. With USPS, it will frequently just sit at the same sorting facility for days, and they frequently don't update their system very often...like for a full day or two. They have the same kind of system where you create an account and then you're supposed to get more detailed information about your parcels, and track them live, but they updated it so infrequently that it's useless half the time. In the US, priority mail is supposed to be 3-5 days...usually 3 (or the same as UPS or FedEx). If I order something that ships UPS or FedEx, I'd say 95%+ it comes within those 3 days, often in 2. If it ships USPS, in the past probably 2-3 years, and especially since the new Postmaster General took over last year, it takes at least 5 days, if not longer. Now no, that's not a huge issue because I never order anything online that I need immediately, but when I can pay $1-2 more and get my package sooner, and more importantly, get it more reliably, of course I'm going to do that. FedEx and UPS deliver to my address at pretty much the same time every day...within a 30-minute window. USPS is like a 5-hour window. That means if I have a package that I need to sign for coming, or if it's a large package that I don't want to sit out, with FedEx and UPS I know about when they're going to be there, so I can run home from work and intercept. With USPS, I'd have to take half a day off to do that. So, while "they suck" might be relative to individual regions, they (they = the company, I really don't have complaints with the employees other than the "leave us a holiday tip for doing our jobs" envelope that they leave in my mailbox) really do suck in my area, and in many others across the US. It is horribly mismanaged, all while they continue to increase prices and offer worse service. They spent way too many years structured to be largely financed by junk mail...with so much less physical junk mail these days, they've been trying to play catch up and figure out how to restructure themselves to survive financially...but their customers are the ones paying the price for their poor business decisions.

I lied, I know who he is😁 but don't follow sports..unless they have motors.. which is not really sports.
I respectfully disagree. Sitting in a bucket also called a seat for hours on end while maintaining focus and strategy is a sport if you ask me. :)

I respectfully disagree. Sitting in a bucket also called a seat for hours on end while maintaining focus and strategy is a sport if you ask me. :)
No argument with me. I agree.
Now motocross is a sport for sure. Serious physical condition required at any level, as well as mental focus..
Sorry OP, didn't mean to derail the thread🤔

I don't know about you, but I think Driving an F1 car or Nascar, requires a certain degree of physical fitness and stamina. Aside from mental focus.;)

Filed a complaint early yesterday. Asking why it kept leaking and coming back to Chicago. The reply... there are short staffed because of cov-19... but at least it's 10 minutes from me now 🤣 hopefully it will show up sometime this year 🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅

Screenshot_20211217-071628_Chrome.jpg

Filed a complaint early yesterday. Asking why it kept leaking and coming back to Chicago. The reply... there are short staffed because of cov-19... but at least it's 10 minutes from me now 🤣 hopefully it will show up sometime this year 🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅

I'm sooooo tired of everything being blamed on COVID. In probably 80% of the jobs I've had, we've always been short staffed. That just kind of goes with the territory when you work in IT in the midwest. We've always just had to figure out how to make it work. My father-in-law manages a Metal Fabrication company in town and they can never retain enough help...they have to make it work. I understand that understaffing is a real thing and that COVID has made it worse, but it's also not new...it's time for companies to get it together and figure it out. My wife and I went to a dinner the other day...she asked for ketchup and was told they didn't have any because of "supply chain issues" due to COVID. We went grocery shopping afterwards and they had probably 100 bottles of ketchup on the shelves...now, I might be stepping out on a limb here but it seems to me if your restaurant can't order ketchup from your normal supplier, MAYBE YOU CAN JUST GO THE FREAKING GROCERY STORE AND BUY SOME?! COVID is becoming the new excuse for "someone didn't do their job."

Sorry man. I feel ur pain. This IS the new norm😔
I hate waiting for anything, but when I see USPS is the carrier, it's such a letdown that the excitement of a new rig or parts goes right out the window.. then when it shows up, if it's parts thru postal service, I get all excited cuz it's been soo long I've forgotten about it 🤣
Hope it shows up soon for ya bud👍

It's not official yet, I'll post when it is, but my Mojave EXB is lost in the mail from October 21st.

I'm out $1200 because of USPS.

Also had PLENTY of times packages would go to multiple states before finally being delivered.

It's not official yet, I'll post when it is, but my Mojave EXB is lost in the mail from October 21st.

Also had PLENTY of times packages would go to multiple states before finally being delivered.
That's enough to make a fella go.. uh,well POSTAL!! Pun intended 🤣
Sorry to hear tho man.. that's just inexcusable!!

Duuude, that sucks. Have you contacted the seller? Maybe they shipped it insured.

Can't you fill out a claim or whoever shipped it... I can't say that anything has gotten lost. But broken. They covered it plus the shipping costs for a replacement.

Nothing can be done. No insurance. No guaranteed delivery.

I have every type of claim filed.

We traded and he paid to ship to me, so I'm really stuck.

I don't think he can do anything about it either :(

Nothing can be done. No insurance. No guaranteed delivery.

I have every type of claim filed.

We traded and he paid to ship to me, so I'm really stuck.

I don't think he can do anything about it either :(
Wow. I'm sorry man. Never ship anything w/o insurance... can't say that I have lost rc stuff like this. But car parts another story. Things get broken/lost. Never shipped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back