What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops
IMG_0587.JPG

Here goes another one!

20190627_220001.jpg

This time.. Rear diff.. Will wait for my AVID's and shims to arrive and start some serious wreching!

Disasembled the diff.. And lucky me.. No harm done to any of the actual diff parts!!

That's where they all break. Did you have anything reinforcing it?
No tape or any kinda reinforcement

Couple of thin metal strips and some rivets and it will look as good as new, sort of

I'm gonna retire it to the wall of shame and dip a new one to beat up. I've kinda been waiting for it to finally let go anyway
IMG_0588.PNG

No tape or any kinda reinforcement

I'm gonna retire it to the wall of shame and dip a new one to beat up. I've kinda been waiting for it to finally let go anyway
View attachment 41858
Can't wait to see the mad dipper's latest creation

Do you run a T2T brace?
From the looks of the shock tower I would say yes.
Tried out the Alza Racing shock towers. After a pretty short bash session, not impressed. Time to try the Voltage towers, whenever they're available. Broke the wing mount too.

View attachment 42100View attachment 42101View attachment 42102
This is exactly why I ditched the t2t brace on my Outcast and why Voltage recommends not running a t2t brace. It puts way too much force on your shock towers and bends them or it breaks the gearbox case.

Do you run a T2T brace?
From the looks of the shock tower I would say yes.

No brace. I got rid of my T-bone t2t because it was pissing me off. The stock tower never looked like that even with the brace.

I put the stock tower back on and put the brace back until I get the Voltage towers and m2c chassis.

How did it get all chewed up in the middle? That's weird.

Stuck it in my vise to see how hard it would be to straighten it, but figured I'd take pics first. When the screws busted off the gearbox the tower was just floating there. Seems like the Alza tower is softer than stock and same thickness.

@Reubydoobe had used some of the Alza shock towers and he was saying it took a really bad landing to bend his.

I did have a couple of bad landings but I've landed worse with my t2t and the stock tower only bent slightly. Nothing like the Alza one.

On a side note, I just looked up the Alza towers and now they have an option for 5mm 7075 aluminum. When I bought mine, the only option was 6082-T6. I think 7075 would fare better. fiddlestick me, I should've waited.

Last edited:
Thats not good..????
No they are much stronger than stock. I only bent them because i went hi with no rear wing or mount as I'd broke it a few jumps before. Previously to that they were fine on normal bashing. If the hadn't bent i would probably have to of replaced the dif housing as well ?

Last edited:
Hi
A Dboots, by my son at the track;

Well, if I compare with the HPI... Hummm..
HPI: 1 Dboots: 0
PL :)

Jack drove with reckless abandon and left me with 4 missing teeth in the rear diff. LoL
IMG_0655.JPG

I broke..........................................................wait for it.........................................................and I did take it for a rip right to lvc...........................................................
NOTHING!

Back