What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are the hr's? Do I need a new pinion. Was just thinking Jenny's whole assembly but if the steel spur doesn't tear the truck apart I'll go that way
I have 4S ESC and motor in my Typhon so I stripped every single tooth off my plastic spur in a few minutes of parking lot running. Since upgrading to the HR spur, no issues other than I can’t get my slipper right, but I think that’s an operator error. I have parts on the way to fix that. It all stems from an extra spring in the hub that took me too long to find.

As far as the pinion, no you don’t have to get a new one, since the stock and HR spurs are both 0.8 mod.

Bearing where ok. I'm gonna get both. If the plastic one strips hot racing going in?
That bearing looks shot. Could have been the culprit.

I've run nothing but the plastic spur in my 3s trucks and only lost one when a bearing went.
That's cause ur drive shafts break first??‍♂️???

So it was nice and cool then?

Hi,
Yes, pretty good session but ESC/motor got a though rides… Too hot to handle 10 000Mah at once... That's why a back up RC is so useful just for cool down the first one.
New members came with brand new Kraton and another one with two SC10 (1 for practice and one for race)
My patented tower brace went off again so I put a nut. I will show on the other GC Thread.
PL

Popped out another driveshaft on my 3s Senton... go figure (after pretty much a full run).
And broke a hub on it too.

Battery tray ended up getting ripped out of the red Kraton. Going to try longer screws and something to glue the tray to the chassis.

The mountain bike park I go to is setting me up to break even bigger parts.

Hmmm that’s not good when going 67mph ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

This was due to the shallow inner hub of these cheap Chinese wheels I bought on Amazon. As you can see below, the hubs don’t cover the pin that holds the stock 17mm hub on the axle. The pin spun out and the hub came free. ???

Also broke a front a-arm on the Typhon bashing. RPM here I come ??

Also popped a few turnbuckles on the Granite, but that's no big deal...

Last edited:
Stripped a hub set screw. That's what I deserve for being a lazy c@#t and not cleaning it up properly before undoing.

It happened 5 minutes after I paid for an order from Jenny's ??‍♂️

Also broke a front a-arm on the Typhon bashing. RPM here I come ??

Also popped a few turnbuckles on the Granite, but that's no big deal...

You're just lucky I've been off for a week. I'll catch up when I get back. For now I concede that you are the leader of the "what did you break today" championship ?

You're just lucky I've been off for a week. I'll catch up when I get back. For now I concede that you are the leader of the "what did you break today" championship ?
There's a Notorious J shout out in that video :p

There's a Notorious J shout out in that video :p
I have to wait til I have more signal to watch. Props always excepted and will surely be payed forward. Arrma destroyers in the house!

It's 28 minutes long, lol ?. If you ever edit it down, let me know.
Where do I get my shout out? I'll fast forward to the good part

Missed the landing. Happens quite often even on perfect landings because the rpm hub carriers are worn and the pillow balls pop out constantly. Time to go aluminum to handle the air this little guy can manage. I think I like the truck body I painted up better too. Goes with the six pack tires better in my eye

Attachments

• 8DA1EEE4-73B0-40FB-B220-D9B208C1DAFE.jpeg
    8DA1EEE4-73B0-40FB-B220-D9B208C1DAFE.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 9B267678-F56B-4FB6-9ABC-0371B8EBE39A.jpeg
    9B267678-F56B-4FB6-9ABC-0371B8EBE39A.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 5EFFD4FC-4150-42C2-870E-8602319A7CC0.jpeg
    5EFFD4FC-4150-42C2-870E-8602319A7CC0.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 32
  • B85E60E0-5208-49F3-AA4E-522E1D53EEDE.jpeg
    B85E60E0-5208-49F3-AA4E-522E1D53EEDE.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi
My power HD is gone… at the end of the track session yesterday… :( My goodness… was there since last september. We did +30C, -30C snow, rain, mud... I give a 8/10.

PL

Hey @jondilly1974! I got out today after over a week. I was mashing it on a sand mound and over hard packed dirt. Only thing that happened is one pin in the hub broke, and a hinge screw backed out on the front upper a arm. Total loss, one pin and a camber spacer. I'll try harder next time.?
20190716_200544.jpg
20190716_201528.jpg

Back