What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife asked what came in the mail... I went to the garage and sent her this picture
20190401_170123.jpg

She wasnt happy. Lol I told her it was important because today is April fools! Lol but seriously, the mailman had to walk up to the house again today with a mail carrier box to bring all of my packages to the door. I feel like I should do something for all the trouble I put my mailman through lol

We all get excited when a brown box shows up on our doorstep regardless how big or small it might be. This thread will serve as a place holder to share what you bought today. Doesn't even have to be RC related.

We all love pictures so if you can, post pictures along with what you bought today. :)

That Arrma Granite you see for the giveaway... I placed the order with the LHS for it today!:D
200k and 500k diff fluid
Rpm wing mount
A new set of backflips

TP 4070-CM 2700KV (6S)
- Shaft Diameter (mm): 5
- Application: Car
- Add water cooling jackets?: No
- open vents or sealed end caps: open vents on end ca..
- Mounting Thread: M4
TP 4070-CM (2700KV)1$189.00$189.00

Yesterday:

TP 4070 (2250 KV)
- Application: Car
- Shaft Diameter (mm): 5
- open vents or sealed end caps: open vents on end ca..
- Mounting Thread: M4
TP 4070 (2250 KV)1$129.00$129.00

Ugh... still need tire glue. Got some various sized heat shrink and an adjustable rheostat for my 100W soldering iron so I can dial it down a peg or two as it's a bit hot once it gets fully heated. Also got 3 micro usb chargers for various things around the house, instead of a plug and usb cable.

Came home expecting my M2c motor mount and droop screws to arrive.

Opened package- motor mount was there, but no droop screws- invoice lists both as shipped, and paid for.

Bummer. :(

I sent an email- we will see what happens.

I have some dynamite vultures tires and rims coming to see if I can hook up the senton because it just blows the tires off on 3s

I have a serious problem too. I don't mind spending money on hop up parts and sometimes I don't even use them , they just sit in a bag as they came. I have RC's still in their box that I haven't ran at all with the "plan" or rather excuse that one day I will mod them to my liking. And now I gotta job that pays me twice what I was making before and seriously thinking of finding a bigger place to live so I can put all my RC's on display lol. This addiction is serious, I just hope I don't start snorting a line of e-clips or injecting shock oil into my veins.
Have a few sex trophies (aka children) and that'll fix you real quick.

Kraton V4 came in today. They're quick!! This is my first Arrma, first 1/8 scale, and first 6S model. Can't wait to see what it'll do. Ordered last week and didn't expect to get it this quick so I have no 6S Batts...this will give me time to go over the truck and get use to the size. It dwarfs my old 1/10 Rusty. So far I'm very impressed with the truck. The radio matches the cheapest one I could find for my daughter's Tamiya Grasshopper...interesting pairing. Hopefully it works like a champ! Never had any issues with the grasshopper ?.

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_205755116.jpg
    IMG_20190401_205755116.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 38
So I got a few things from Jennys. Couple of servos cause they're sooooo cheap. I have a good motor mount and know how to set end points, so gonna keep em stock for a while. The arms are for, well, you know, when I hit something........ again. The radio is a back up for now, but if I do snag a V4 and I don't like the new one, voila, quick switch to old faithful. I bought something else for my "other" truck too, but no need to advertise. Let's just say that some slipper shafts aren't built to Arrma's high standards;)

jennys April 1.png

So I got a few things from Jennys. Couple of servos cause they're sooooo cheap. I have a good motor mount and know how to set end points, so gonna keep em stock for a while. The arms are for, well, you know, when I hit something........ again. The radio is a back up for now, but if I do snag a V4 and I don't like the new one, voila, quick switch to old faithful. I bought something else for my "other" truck too, but no need to advertise. Let's just say that some slipper shafts aren't built to Arrma's high standards;)

View attachment 34441
You need to start doubling up on the meetings!

You need to start doubling up on the meetings!
Better safe than sorry? I hope all my rc stuff fits into whatever little apartment I end up in, when my wife finally finds out about the true depths of this addiction.

View attachment 34441

Jenny's to the rescue...???
You know were all putting his kids through collage..???

Back