What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This came in the mail the other day. Chassis graphic from Darkside Studios on Ebay. It's a thick sticker. I've got my under belly protection all set now. Between my front and rear skids and this graphic I'm good to go.

I just got mine on over the weekend. Did you use one of the 3M adhesive pens like the instructions say for the plastic?

20190120_075741.jpg

^^ That's pretty sick, I'd never take my truck out again with that on it lol

I have an idea for a really cool undercarriage shot mid/jump on the GoPro. Will see how it holds up. It's pretty thick material, definitely adds some weight to the chassis.

I have an idea for a really cool undercarriage shot mid/jump on the GoPro. Will see how it holds up. It's pretty thick material, definitely adds some weight to the chassis.

Oh werd I thought maybe it was just a little cheapo vinyl sticker or something, Now imma have to go check these out! :D

when you used these did you have to drill a new hole for the set screws or did they slide into the original holes

No drilling required.

AR320410 Guess I broke that part as well didn't notice till I put the new skid plate on :(

Oh well lucky its not something that forces down time and I can run without it.

Anyone know how those hold up in skate parks? I never ran the outcast tires or the set of these yet. I have both, but figured the outcast tires would get chewed up within a bash or two on concrete. My main skate park is fairly rough concrete. Some of it is that smooth/slick stuff, but a lot of it isn't. I pity any skater that falls there.

My issue is that the rim cuts through the sidewall. How do these hold up against that?

Oh yeah, thanks for the link! That's less than what I paid for the gently used set!
Mine started ripping the sidewall after the second run. I hated them, switched to backflips and much better.

Mine started ripping the sidewall after the second run. I hated them, switched to backflips and much better.
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll see how they do. I do very little jumping onto concrete. But I use the skate park to jump out of. All my big jumps are onto grass.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll see how they do. I do very little jumping onto concrete. But I use the skate park to jump out of. All my big jumps are onto grass.
I've seen your videos and like that you can. The skate park closest to my house is fenced in, so no jumping outwards. Sucks

Castle 10a External BEC and a 185mm BEC bypass harness so I don't gotta clip my wire off my esc :D

And i'm gonna buy a fiddlesticking industrial sized bottle of super glue and super glue every god damn screw on the front steering bellcrank and servo saver :D

I've seen your videos and like that you can. The skate park closest to my house is fenced in, so no jumping outwards. Sucks
Yeah, luckily google maps has ground level photo's of many of the skate parks I've found and I've seen many have boarder fences around them, so at least I didn't burn an hour of driving only to find that out when I got there.

As you can see in these pics, the skate park was probably an after thought, and made using steel ramps. Great for practicing, but brutal on the hardware.

Attachments

• Richmond Green Skate Park.png
    Richmond Green Skate Park.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • Skate Park.png
    Skate Park.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Lets add more stuff to the list of crap I've blown monie on today that I totally don't need but bought anyway cuz you never know..right..

Arrma AR310444 Differential Gasket (3)
Arrma AR310436 Differential Gear Set
ARRMA Radio Box Set II 6S AR320422 (I fiddlesticking silicone mine sealed..)
Holmes Hobbies RX BYPASS ADAPTER for RC Crawlers (boom BEC hook up!)
TEAM ASSOCIATED 80 WEIGHT SILICONE SHOCK OIL FLUID
Team Losi Racing Silicone Shock Oil 90 Wt 2 Oz TLR74017
Team Losi Racing Silicone Shock Oil 100wt 2oz TLR74018

And a bunch of other non RC related poop.. Pet fountain filters, Some margarita mixer (4 gallons of concentrate..) and uhm.. a laser point cuz.. Cats..

The radio cam mount came in and a couple yoga blocks to use as vehicle stands. No day off til February though so I haven't even tested it. I work from 10am to 9pm = no light outside and barely time to get some beer in my belly before I have to be back at work. I figure the yoga blocks will work for at least 1:10 size and 1:8 buggy...we'll see for the others. They'll hold up a girl in yoga pants so best hold up my rigs for working on.
Wish for girl in yoga pants?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNV7RKH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ4ADW8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back