What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOOK! I didn't think of them :]

I'll be going back or 2 more backpacks if these are as good as they look so i'll add them then..

Do you happen to have a link to them for the brcc and notorious?
The shims that are 99 cents are 11x12mm have no idea where you would use those lol.

Ok friends. I bought this about 10 days ago and finally took delivery. This is 100% for RC work but I don't know anything at all about insulation and installing an air conditioner (cut the wall?). If any of you have the skills, please advise as how I could progressively finish this out, please. Saved 10% buying a display model and included delivery and setup / leveling.
some details: 10x12' , Tuff Shed, painted, floor upgrade, roof upgrade with ridge vent, upgrade lower vents, window on the left and skylight.
Bigger than it looks and I only have night time photos right now but here it is. Really excited and my old man will help me to get plenty electricity back there ;)(y) :
On the right is my chicken hen pen cause I eat and give away yard eggs.

front left1.jpg
front right1.jpg
inside forward1 pegboard.jpg
front open1.jpg

Ok friends. I bought this about 10 days ago and finally took delivery. This is 100% for RC work but I don't know anything at all about insulation and installing an air conditioner (cut the wall?). If any of you have the skills, please advise as how I could progressively finish this out, please. Saved 10% buying a display model and included delivery and setup / leveling.
some details: 10x12' , Tuff Shed, painted, floor upgrade, roof upgrade with ridge vent, upgrade lower vents, window on the left and skylight.
Bigger than it looks and I only have night time photos right now but here it is. Really excited and my old man will help me to get plenty electricity back there ;)(y) :
On the right is my chicken hen pen cause I eat and give away yard eggs.

View attachment 27728View attachment 27729View attachment 27730View attachment 27731
Nice work shop! As far as A/C is concerned, probably best to go portable. You can always take it in the house if you're not in the shed for any long stretches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-193216_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-193216_Chrome.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 16
Nice work shop! As far as A/C is concerned, probably best to go portable. You can always take it in the house if you're not in the shed for any long stretches.
Not saying buy new, just needed a pic for reference.

Not saying buy new, just needed a pic for reference.
I see. My concern is cost for portable though. For maybe $125 I can get a window unit new with warranty and do something different for heat. I'd need heat maybe 3 months out of the year total. But I honestly don't know. I have looked at portable AC and even used one about 8 years ago that needed to have a hose ported out of a window anyway.
I certainly appreciate any input I can get as I'm not at all versed in building or renovation. I can get the tools I need and my personal power tools collection can be counted on one hand. Two drills, a palm sander....lol.
The shed has a single sliding window that I can't take up with AC.
Goals are electricity, lighting, insulation, small beer fridge, air conditioner, laptop (done but Macbook,) flooring, heater can easily be portable electric.
Thank you so much for your suggestions and please feel free to advise me in any way. I've been saving for quite a while to do this so I wouldn't have to finance it and now I'm very excited and motivated. If I had a wife, I wouldn't see her anymore (well, you know) now that I'm building / furnishing my cave.

@crimsonfancy most of your air is lost through the ceiling so I'd start by insulating there. Easiest is to get some really thick foam board and attach up there. Be sure not to put it flush to the roof decking as you want to allow the roof to breathe.

If you're going to run power/cable/network out there I would do that first before insulating the walls.

Then just get you several bats of insulation and then do the walls. Be sure to remove that peg board and insulate behind there too.

Good looking shed. I just built one a couple years ago that's a 12x12' it's a monster. I'm actually getting ready to insulate mine as well and move the RC's out there as well.

@crimsonfancy most of your air is lost through the ceiling so I'd start by insulating there. Easiest is to get some really thick foam board and attach up there. Be sure not to put it flush to the roof decking as you want to allow the roof to breathe.

If you're going to run power/cable/network out there I would do that first before insulating the walls.

Then just get you several bats of insulation and then do the walls. Be sure to remove that peg board and insulate behind there too.

Good looking shed. I just built one a couple years ago that's a 12x12' it's a monster. I'm actually getting ready to insulate mine as well and move the RC's out there as well.

Excellent! Thank you very much. I'm looking at several insulation products including foam board and am learning about allowing space for vapor barrier etc. Obviously I'm trying to stay cheap and can maybe get some fiberglass batten trim from the contractors building across the street from me. Power will be first move and my wireless network will reach out there already. First step I think is to get the few utilities companies to come and show me what I have underground first, then we'll rent a trencher for four hours and lay down the conduit. Once I get electric I can work later at night, after work, and start getting it sealed and climate proof. Also considering some wall covering like beadboard or similar inexpensive 4x8' x .25" over the studs to finish it out. Not sure if I'll be able to get all of this to happen but it's what I want in the long run.
I'll pull down the pegboard too as you suggested...and maybe replace because I bought it "as is" and it could be a cleaner install than it is.

Thanks for the ideas and the more I read, the more confidence I gain. This is supposed to be a learning process all the same. (y)(y):unsure:

Thanks for the ideas and the more I read, the more confidence I gain. This is supposed to be a learning process all the same.
Don't over think it. It's actually pretty straight forward and fun to do.

Keep the pegboard around, once you get it insulated you can rehang it and it makes for a great place to hang tools, parts, etc.

Don't over think it. It's actually pretty straight forward and fun to do.

Keep the pegboard around, once you get it insulated you can rehang it and it makes for a great place to hang tools, parts, etc.
Thanks, @WoodiE. I tend to overthink myself into a stall so often.

Thanks, @WoodiE. I tend to overthink myself into a stall so often.
Sometimes DIY takes on a whole new meaning, and I completely understand your position. Getting electricity to the shed is definitely the right first choice. Once you have basic insulation, you may find that its comfortable without the need for air conditioning. Shelving and storage would be a first concern beyond that. Pegboard is easily one of the best storage solutions, as @WoodiE mentioned. There is also slat wall, that allows for higher weights with specialized hangers. However you choose to accessorize the inside, know that it will be a place that you will enjoy while working on your hobbies.

Went up to the hardware store yesterday (Menards) Since I needed to replace a pos wooden pantry cabinet for the kitchen.. While I was there I noticed they had a small 3 tier wired rack that looked perfect for sitting my rc's on.. 14$ !!!

So I bought it! Fits the 1/10th scales perfectly with room for a transmitter or 2..

But the damn 1/8th scale is too wide so the wheels hang off the side.. But it works so im happy.

I'll try and get a picture of it later, My back atm.. ugh Layed down close to 300 SQft of peel and stick vinyl tile.. not feeling like moving much today lol

DSCN0123.JPG

Finally ordered a set of V3 shocks. I've been running v1 front shocks with Kyosho red springs and have been running LST rear shocks for a while now. The LSTs work great but they are just too big for the front, and I don't like having 2 pair of shocks not matching.

Also picked up some green RC-skin shock covers and some new V3 shock towers complete with shock cap guards and the new style stand offs.

Went up to the hardware store yesterday (Menards) Since I needed to replace a pos wooden pantry cabinet for the kitchen.. While I was there I noticed they had a small 3 tier wired rack that looked perfect for sitting my rc's on.. 14$ !!!

So I bought it! Fits the 1/10th scales perfectly with room for a transmitter or 2..

But the damn 1/8th scale is too wide so the wheels hang off the side.. But it works so im happy.

I'll try and get a picture of it later, My back atm.. ugh Layed down close to 300 SQft of peel and stick vinyl tile.. not feeling like moving much today lol

View attachment 27764
Eventually, that will be for your tool box and charger, then the 6 foot tall rack will be for the trucks. :)

Made a couple knee jerk purchases today on rcjuice... stupid mailer. Got some M3x1M washer/shims. figure they are thicker than normal washers. Ran into some hiccups while doing nitro maintenance and could have used some better shims instead of stacking up 4 really thin washers. Also thought I'd try out one of those JX servos, got the DC-5821LV. Figured it might make an ok backup for any of my trucks. .16sec/301oz@6V.

Oh, also tried bying another set of arrma minokawa tires/wheels on the facebook page, no luck. I did a knee jerk and offered an amount for a set of 3.8" trenchers... those are shipping tomorrow. Photo's look good. Figured it wasn't a bad deal for $62 shipped for a set of 4 that look almost new.

I wanted the minokawa's for my small block revo or my brushless revo... I have one set, but I wanted a second. Oh well. Still have the one set to try. Hoping the sidewalls hold up better than the 3.3 t-maxx tires I have been running. They seem to tear the sidewalls on the first landing. Just not worth the $ even though they are relatively cheap. They are also always so out of balance that I spend an hour spinning them on a balancer with clay... even when brand new.

Eventually, that will be for your tool box and charger, then the 6 foot tall rack will be for the trucks. :)

Made a couple knee jerk purchases today on rcjuice... stupid mailer. Got some M3x1M washer/shims. figure they are thicker than normal washers. Ran into some hiccups while doing nitro maintenance and could have used some better shims instead of stacking up 4 really thin washers. Also thought I'd try out one of those JX servos, got the DC-5821LV. Figured it might make an ok backup for any of my trucks. .16sec/301oz@6V.

Oh, also tried bying another set of arrma minokawa tires/wheels on the facebook page, no luck. I did a knee jerk and offered an amount for a set of 3.8" trenchers... those are shipping tomorrow. Photo's look good. Figured it wasn't a bad deal for $62 shipped for a set of 4 that look almost new.

I wanted the minokawa's for my small block revo or my brushless revo... I have one set, but I wanted a second. Oh well. Still have the one set to try. Hoping the sidewalls hold up better than the 3.3 t-maxx tires I have been running. They seem to tear the sidewalls on the first landing. Just not worth the $ even though they are relatively cheap. They are also always so out of balance that I spend an hour spinning them on a balancer with clay... even when brand new.
There's a set of Minokawa's available through Jennys. Pretty cheap too, for brand new. https://jennysrc.com/collections/aarma-kraton-ar106018

There's a set of Minokawa's available through Jennys. Pretty cheap too, for brand new. https://jennysrc.com/collections/aarma-kraton-ar106018
Last pair he better hurry!!
Anyone know how those hold up in skate parks? I never ran the outcast tires or the set of these yet. I have both, but figured the outcast tires would get chewed up within a bash or two on concrete. My main skate park is fairly rough concrete. Some of it is that smooth/slick stuff, but a lot of it isn't. I pity any skater that falls there.

My issue is that the rim cuts through the sidewall. How do these hold up against that?

Oh yeah, thanks for the link! That's less than what I paid for the gently used set!

Back