What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same gun, though mine is fairly weathered. Nice ball joint press.

Yeah, I missed mine. Had the 2779 in green before.

View attachment 365103

My best performing 1/2” gun was hands down-my old Matco… Super Jealous man. That’s a bad mf’er of a BJ-pressarooski too.. Puts my old Snap-On master set to shame. Very nice purchases, and will definitely make you tons of loot. 🍻

Hell yeah man they are some good ugga duggas for sure. I'm gonna get another 3/8 one in a few weeks. They're 3/8 is a monster also. It's the reason my 3/8 sets go to 22mm. You can do just about any suspension work with it and not have to fight the size or weight of the bigger guy. I think they're like 800ft lbs or something. Great for snapping bolts if your not used to em.
We had a stubborn ball joint today and had already bent open the otc style ball joint press we had at the shop today. Matco showed up and were like show us what ya got. For the cool price of $900 we got that bad boy. That thing ripped that stubborn ball joint out like it wasn't even there. Freakin crazy amount of torque in that design. Deff worth it.
The other side the truck took 30 min to get out, that side took 30 seconds. That's $50 on labor earned with it the first use.. I'm good with the $900 it cost. It'll save us money by means of time spent dicking around.

I used to have that snap on master set man. While super nice there is a lot of cars it's hard to use on because of the size. You got one, you know what I mean. So when it came to getting one I really liked the matco's design.

New 1/2 ugga dugga. 1600ft lbs.

If you've used em, they make some good air guns. Used to be Ingersoll rand, they're making thier own now I believe.

Releasing a 1700ft lb 1/2 next week. Got a good deal on the 1600 because of it.

Used to have this exact one but sold it off when I left the last shop I think. Or traded it or something, who can remember.....

We (as in the shop itself) also got a new ball joint press from em. Pretty wicked little creature.

View attachment 365070

View attachment 365071
Here is my ball joint press, it's an older version of what you got. My big box just happens to be here at the house cause there is no room for it at the shop, and I don't need what's in it to dismantle cars. :ROFLMAO: Dude, I have the 3/8 too AND my 3/8 sockets go from 8 to 22, no skip. Since I got the Milwaukee 3/8 (full size) with the 5 amp hr batts, I hardly touch either of my air guns anymore, that thing is a beast! Takes off axle nuts and all kinda stuff, I just use a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter.
IMG_20240507_204404126.jpg
IMG_20240507_204432148.jpg

$900 is worth it, congrats on your investment.

Last edited:
Here is my ball joint press, it's an older version of what you got. My big box just happens to be here at the house cause there is no room for it at the shop, and I don't need what's in it to dismantle cars. :ROFLMAO: Dude, I have the 3/8 too AND my 3/8 sockets go from 8 to 22, no skip. Since I got the Milwaukee 3/8 (full size) with the 5 amp hr batts, I hardly touch either of my air guns anymore, that thing is a beast! Takes off axle nuts and all kinda stuff, I just use a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter.
View attachment 365140View attachment 365142

matco sells down to a 7 in the adv's which are my primary use sockets so mine are 7-22. I've got chrome snappy too but I still grab the black matcos 99% the time.
Sounds all to familiar there. Almost like you've turned wrenches same as me a while of your life 😂

Good tools makes the jobs much easier. Do this everyday and it's worth the money spent.

My big box is at home still also 🤣😂

I bought a new smaller box to have where I work now. Between me and Chris we have everything we need and then some. I've become pretty efficient at what's actually needed to get 99% of jobs done so I don't keep everything a work. I also work from home still with my mobile mechanics business here and there so try to keep myself supplied well here also.

@Bustedaw11 @ScaleJunkie

Make that three of us lol.. My Snappy FDP 3/8 sockets were 8-19, so I picked up the 7, and 20-22 as singles. Gotta have em. Believe it or not-by little guy was just the Ingersol 2135Ti’s baby bro.. I must’ve just gotten a good one..🤷🏻‍♂️😅

Crazy-I STOLE my Snappy kit when it was new, plus filled up the empty holes in the case for $956. You did freakin GOOD on the nasty Matco. Either are leaps and bounds over the OTC C-clamp fosho. Hell-I was the only cat in the shop that pulled the trigger on the OTC hub tamer.. I made BANK on Hondas with that joker. 🤑🤑🤑

@Bustedaw11 @ScaleJunkie

Make that three of us lol.. My Snappy FDP 3/8 sockets were 8-19, so I picked up the 7, and 20-22 as singles. Gotta have em. Believe it or not-by little guy was just the Ingersol 2135Ti’s baby bro.. I must’ve just gotten a good one..🤷🏻‍♂️😅

Crazy-I STOLE my Snappy kit when it was new, plus filled up the empty holes in the case for $956. You did freakin GOOD on the nasty Matco. Either are leaps and bounds over the OTC C-clamp fosho. Hell-I was the only cat in the shop that pulled the trigger on the OTC hub tamer.. I made BANK on Hondas with that joker. 🤑🤑🤑
Hub tamers are a great efficiency tool to have and I love them. There are ways around it though. I have 4 Accords from 92 to 97.
Thinking Scheming GIF

For the smaller sizes I have my 1/4 inch stuff and just use a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter.
Labrador Retriever Dog GIF

Me @Bustedaw11 and @Littlemotor :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

Hub tamers are a great efficiency tool to have and I love them. There are ways around it though. I have 4 Accords from 92 to 97.
Thinking Scheming GIF

For the smaller sizes I have my 1/4 inch stuff and just use a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter.
Labrador Retriever Dog GIF

Me @Bustedaw11 and @Littlemotor :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
Definitely efficient, but at a pretty penny for sure lol.. I wanna say mine was almost $400 about 15yrs ago.. I used to tie rope around my bodyshop slide hammer weight, and have about a 36” lead. I had my shoulder rebuilt in about 2002, and started to feel it in “my good one”, so the hub tamer started to look reeeeeally affordable by comparison..😅 that 10lb forged slide is long gone though, and I do miss it on occasion..🤷🏻‍♂️😅

Definitely efficient, but at a pretty penny for sure lol.. I wanna say mine was almost $400 about 15yrs ago.. I used to tie rope around my bodyshop slide hammer weight, and have about a 36” lead. I had my shoulder rebuilt in about 2002, and started to feel it in “my good one”, so the hub tamer started to look reeeeeally affordable by comparison..😅 that 10lb forged slide is long gone though, and I do miss it on occasion..🤷🏻‍♂️😅
Yea but you make that $ back pretty quick if you do a lot of captive rotor vehicles, or HOR (hub over rotor). Geez, that hits right in the feelz mam, my right shoulder is garbage and at some point I will have to have it rebuilt, just tryin to wait till I'm much older and closer to retirement, if I can make it that long.

Side note, I miss my Sanp-On MG725.

Yea but you make that $ back pretty quick if you do a lot of captive rotor vehicles, or HOR (hub over rotor). Geez, that hits right in the feelz mam, my right shoulder is garbage and at some point I will have to have it rebuilt, just tryin to wait till I'm much older and closer to retirement, if I can make it that long.

That is why as I get older my ratchets have gotten longer. I make use of the long 3/8 snappy everyday and have the big dog flex head 1/2. When your should sucks those are life savers 🙃

Yall crackin me up.
Regular ol 3 stooges over here 😂

I’d do physical therapy at home regiment if at all possible if it helps ya avoid surgery. I’m the only person I know of to ever have a shoulder rebuilt, and not be back under the knife in 7yrs or so.. 😳🤷🏻‍♂️ I know I had to do a couple mos. Of PT to PREPARE for surgery, and I can tell you it got me to roughly 90% if you can believe that.. I never would’ve done the surgery if I had a redo..

Man-I had the 725, and it’s loud af predecessor.. I hated those things with a passion lol.. Also had my first Snappy cordless 18v 1/2” drill catch fire in my hands as I primed the oiling system on a little baby forged 306sbf I built.. I DO mis my little FAR25 something terrible though.. Thing was the AK-47 of all 1/4 air ratchets lol..

I’d do physical therapy at home regiment if at all possible if it helps ya avoid surgery. I’m the only person I know of to ever have a shoulder rebuilt, and not be back under the knife in 7yrs or so.. 😳🤷🏻‍♂️ I know I had to do a couple mos. Of PT to PREPARE for surgery, and I can tell you it got me to roughly 90% if you can believe that.. I never would’ve done the surgery if I had a redo..

Man-I had the 725, and it’s loud af predecessor.. I hated those things with a passion lol.. Also had my first Snappy cordless 18v 1/2” drill catch fire in my hands as I primed the oiling system on a little baby forged 306sbf I built.. I DO mis my little FAR25 something terrible though.. Thing was the AK-47 of all 1/4 air ratchets lol..

You mean like my FAR 25??
I just retired it after all these years. Freakin loved that thing.. it was perfect for gettin stuff snug and not going over any torque specs on the small stuff. Like timing cover bolts, cam caps, valve covers....
I retired it because it started leaking air out the bottom again and I got lazy... I built that sucker out of 2 broken ones I bought from matco like 8 years ago. Paid $10 for both of em and built the 1 out of them..... it served me well... I just picked up this new model and I don't like it...

Way to much power! It'll break a damn little bolt if you let it. I've actually gotten my hand pinned with this little guy a couple times. Crazy out of a 1/4!

20240328_102932.jpg

@Littlemotor
If you want this Far25 of mine and the 2nd parts one man hit me up. I'll send it your way if you wanna fix the air leak/ gasket. Just pm me an address. 😉

Last edited:
You mean like my FAR 25??
I just retired it after all these years. Freakin loved that thing.. it was perfect for gettin stuff snug and not going over any torque specs on the small stuff. Like timing cover bolts, cam caps, valve covers....
I retired it because it started leaking air out the bottom again and I got lazy... I built that sucker out of 2 broken ones I bought from matco like 8 years ago. Paid $10 for both of em and built the 1 out of them..... it served me well... I just picked up this new model and I don't like it...

Way to much power! It'll break a damn little bolt if you let it. I've actually gotten my hand pinned with this little guy a couple times. Crazy out of a 1/4!

View attachment 365166
I had that one too! Had doubles of most every duty/size, and they were always a different model specifically. I hated mine when I first got it, but grew to appreciate it in time. It did snap a few fasteners that first week in the trenches, lol… The FAR25 will ALWAYS be irreplaceable in my eyes though..🤩

That is why as I get older my ratchets have gotten longer. I make use of the long 3/8 snappy everyday and have the big dog flex head 1/2. When your should sucks those are life savers 🙃

Yall crackin me up.
Regular ol 3 stooges over here 😂
Oh my god, :ROFLMAO: I can not wait to post a pick tomorrow morning.

I do a lot of daily stretches when I wake up but really should be doing more therapy type stuff too. I go at least once a month for a 90 min massage and that helps a lot. I really don't want surgery and will do anything I can to avoid it.

That 725 is a beast, it is loud af though, lol. Yikes! Caught fire in your hand? I bet that was a fun day at work, my big Matco electric 1/2 is brushed and I won't use it in many situations because of stuff like that. I love my air ratchet, its a Matco stubby wobble head and is a hanfy little guy!

I had that one too! Had doubles of most every duty/size, and they were always a different model specifically. I hated mine when I first got it, but grew to appreciate it in time. It did snap a few fasteners that first week in the trenches, lol… The FAR25 will ALWAYS be irreplaceable in my eyes though..🤩

I wind up with doubles of things often. I think it comes with the territory 😅
Speaking of that, did you catch my edit @Littlemotor saying thay far25 is yours if you wanna fix the air leak? I don't want anything for it. Works fine but slightly annoying to listen to leaking. I have no plans to fix it and still have all the extra parts from the 2nd one. Prob just seal leaking 🙃

Speaking of that, did you catch my edit @Littlemotor saying thay far25 is yours if you wanna fix the air leak? I don't want anything for it. Works fine but slightly annoying to listen to leaking. I have no plans to fix it and still have all the extra parts from the 2nd one. Prob just seal leaking 🙃
Wait-wutttttttt?!? I did read the reply, but apparently reading comprehension straight pwnt’d my old ass…😅

1715139808451.gif

Man-that’s hella nice of ya! I’d ABSOLUTELY bring her back from the dead! I can’t stand a leaker either. I’ve commandeered other guys tools before, and remedied that shitt over lunch, or even while they were on a test drive 🤷🏻‍♂️😅.

Tell me what you want for shipping, and I’ll shoot ya some loot over cashapp if need be! It’s funny, I just took ownership of my pops’ big Ingersol compressor about 3wks back, and came to the realization I didn’t have a spare 1/4 ratchet laying around for at the house duty..

Dude-you’re freakin tremendous brother! 🥹

Ahhhhhhh-I refreshed (just been replying to my eleventybillion notifications, in between watching Cleetus give away the AWD RCSB SC Sierra, and trying to blow up their brand new M&M TH400 in McFlurry, and didn’t see the ninja-edit pop up below the photo of the old girl, and her replacement lol…) Maybe I need to eat more carrots to offset all that whackin’ from when I was 15…🤔🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
@Bustedaw11 @Littlemotor
IMG_20240508_072931212.jpg

Love my ratchets, especially the long 1/4 (4th from left) that my Snap-On guy put a 3/8 kit in, super handy lil guy. The long 3/8 is a beast, though I did have to warranty it because I pulled too hard and snap the head off of it.
IMG_20240508_073412747.jpg

Those air tools are getting pretty old, they have all been rebuilt at least once, and are your new guns grandfathers. I have had the Milwaukee for like 7 months and already had to warranty the tool, the charger, and a battery, about to have to warranty the tool again. It's not holding up like I'd hoped it would, rubber deteriorates quickly in shop conditions, getting fluids on and in it constantly and the lights on the snout are going out. The screws holding the batteries together like to rip out and it seperates. The charger I think was a fluke, it just quit working 2 weeks after I bought the kit. Everything has been warrantied no questions asked.
IMG_20240508_073304241.jpg

@Bustedaw11 @Littlemotor
View attachment 365201
Love my ratchets, especially the long 1/4 (4th from left) that my Snap-On guy put a 3/8 kit in, super handy lil guy. The long 3/8 is a beast, though I did have to warranty it because I pulled too hard and snap the head off of it.
View attachment 365202
Those air tools are getting pretty old, they have all been rebuilt at least once, and are your new guns grandfathers. I have had the Milwaukee for like 7 months and already had to warranty the tool, the charger, and a battery, about to have to warranty the tool again. It's not holding up like I'd hoped it would, rubber deteriorates quickly in shop conditions, getting fluids on and in it constantly and the lights on the snout are going out. The screws holding the batteries together like to rip out and it seperates. The charger I think was a fluke, it just quit working 2 weeks after I bought the kit. Everything has been warrantied no questions asked.
View attachment 365203
Awesome set! What's the expanded metal table for? For parts cleaning / transmissions builds or a welding / burn table?

Back