Why are my batteries getting so hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a hard case you cannot really confirm they are not puffed
A secret danger of a hardcase lipo it hides any kind of damage until the case ruptures
Been there, done that:cautious:

IMG_6618.jpg

IMG_6623.jpg

IMG_6646.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

Sounds like you are running that RC hard! MMX pulls some amps too! Personally not a huge fan of those "bullet connector" style batteries.

Also, 😵‍💫 :oops: your garage!

Sounds like you are running that RC hard! MMX pulls some amps too! Personally not a huge fan of those "bullet connector" style batteries.

Also, 😵‍💫 :oops: your garage!
I run these batteries in my track cars trying to dual purpose them. I think I am going to get some dedicated bashing batteries. I will probably look into the bashing series of Gen Ace. I love the weight and power these have so I have been running them.

@Patrick D
Not to get side tracked...

But weren't you supposed to get "Big Tuna" as your new screen name??
Or was it somebody else?

Last edited:
@Patrick D
Not to get side tracked...

But weren't you supposed to get "Big Tuna" as your new screen name??
Or was it somebody else?
I can't change it for another few days.
Wow. Was the battery in any type of case or out in the open?
The battery was on my work bench. Now I don't charge my batteries unattended. If it wasn't for the smoke detector and my neighbor's wife being home (condo) things would have been much worse.

Also check the part of the bullet connectors that goes into the battery. Sometimes they get loose & don't fully engage the female contact. Had this happen with old 4mm motor/ESC connectors. Now I'm gonna change them all out of precaution to 5mm & 6.5mm

That solder job is giving me heartburn..!
I'll offer to redo it for free just so I don't have to look at that distressing connection again.
I hope he takes your offer.thats a very nice thing of you to do such a kind act.👍I'll be sending you about a milk crate full of ugly solderd lipos 😁👍.
I know one brand of lipo who makes the case bigger than the baterry itself. So if it ever puffs you wont know it until it puffs to a dangerous degree
Let us know what brand if you ever find out👍😁

I have doubts about over current. It would have be a metric butt ton of current to melt the plastic like that.

What is layout in your car, like is it close the motor or ESC that could be putting heat into it?

I have doubts about over current. It would have be a metric butt ton of current to melt the plastic like that.

What is layout in your car, like is it close the motor or ESC that could be putting heat into it?
Huh? I’ve had cold solder joints get hot enough to melt the solder.. plastic melts way lower than that…

Overcurrent, bad connections, high resistance = high heat

Huh? I’ve had cold solder joints get hot enough to melt the solder.. plastic melts way lower than that…
Nope, I'm off base here, I looked at the MT10 layout and it's isolated.

It's entirely possible there is a high-impedance short. But I would think it's inside the battery, because the bottom is charred more than the top. You could stick a probe in there and measure the impedance of the barrel to the cable if you wanted to. But the battery is still toast, no pun in intended. You might see if you can send it back to gensacearespammers?

Nope, I'm off base here, I looked at the MT10 layout and it's isolated.

It's entirely possible there is a high-impedance short. But I would think it's inside the battery, because the bottom is charred more than the top. You could stick a probe in there and measure the impedance of the barrel to the cable if you wanted to. But the battery is still toast, no pun in intended. You might see if you can send it back to gensacearespammers?
I'd say by miles.

Even if the battery was surrounded by 1000 motors all at 180 degrees, STILL wouldn't be enough temperature to cause what happened to that pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back