Why do adults feel the need to B.S.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fish bass GIF

Was watching a YouTube video yesterday where the guy went 90 something mph on gps. Some guy posted in the comments he went 117 mph in his. OP directed a queston to him about it and no reply, total BS. There are grown men that need to always BS and lie, one that I know that has owned the name...."One Better". He never disappoints!

People like that always want attention. They get along in life that way. Who their friends are, I don't know. If any at all. We all meet people that truly believe their lines of BS too. They live it. I walk away from those right quick. No time for that.

People like that always want attention. They get along in life that way. Who their friends are, I don't know. If any at all. We all meet people that truly believe their lines of BS too. They live it. I walk away from those right quick. No time for that.
Me too, can smell their BS in 5 seconds. This friend of mine is in our click and everyone knows, but how can a 50+ yr male come up with this stuff. My cousin in not any better, he's 70 and still at it. They must believe the stuff they come out with, but don't have a clue as to why they think people believe this. 🤷‍♂️

My LHS said Traxxass is the best RC, PERIOD..!! 🤣🤣🤣
Traxxas reps program Trx LHS's to say that. My LHS tells me the same exact thing. It's like programming that cults use. No lie. :ROFLMAO:

A guy I used to work with, invented the tiles they used on the space shuttle. He had so many left over that he renovated his bathroom with them for his really hot showers.

Last edited:
Lol, told to me as a true story a few years back-
"I was walking home one evening and got chased down by a German shepherd. It was very evident it was in attack mode, so just before it got on me I kicked it in the leg so hard I gave it a compound fracture. That wasn't enough though, and it got ahold of my left arm. So I did what I had to do and ripped off the broken leg and stabbed the dog to death with it."
😑😐😑

Seems legit.

Making my weekly pilgrimage to the hobby shop and somehow walked into a conversation with some unknown person who wanted to regale me with tales of how he just finished building a 20S Typhon that did 230-240 MPH.

I was scratching my head for what sort of Jedi mind trick test I was supposed to be passing but I suppose my looks of indifference caused him to seek out weaker souls to conquer.

Not sure while people feel the need to spin tall tales with R.C. Cars - but that being said, what are some of the best B.S. stories you’ve heard (or told :p)?
As an adult (Read that as Old man), I don't think this is an adult thing. I think it is an insecure thing. Some folks have a need to feel important or interesting. Maybe I am too old, I have no one to impress at this point (except maybe my wife).
Sorry, I am too new to this hobby to have any tall tales. But I would like to hear some of yours.

My son had a great one. He use to have a Traxxas rustler 2wd. He was flat out and smashed into the biggest green bin in our neighbourhood. His response to me “I didn’t see it”. No you’d only have to be blind to not see it 🤦🏽‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back