X maxx killer on way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gut tells me they’re gonna ride with the name Kraton 8S. It’s their most popular model. They already have a 4S and 6S version. Just makes sense to call it the Kraton 8S.

Because they have a 6s and 4s is the reason why I think they won't. But, we'll see. I hope they don't but whatever. I'll buy if it looks right, pull the stickers off and call it my female dog if I have to.

Because they have a 6s and 4s is the reason why I think they won't. But, we'll see. I hope they don't but whatever. I'll buy if it looks right, pull the stickers off and call it my female dog if I have to.
I’m not very hyped about a Kraton 8S either but that’s my best guess at this point. ??‍♂️

This is to take to the beach and let the kids ride in the ocean.
I’m not very hyped about a Kraton 8S either but that’s my best guess at this point. ??‍♂️

Imo, they'd only attract new guys calling it a Kraton. Just what I think. I really mean that I don't want it to be a rtr for just anybody that wants a 20# vehicle that can go 50 or +. I understand expanding the market but they have trucks for brand new guys. If it's what they do, ok. I just hope they are bright enough to appease the loyalists and still get new interest. They've already done very well and I think they have the power to do huge for the hobby, but please call it a Big Rock or Granite. ??

Last edited:
Late to the party but from what I can see in the photos, is a twin vertical chassis, 8 shocks. Four for the wheels, and four for the body (hard upside down landings). I also see a smoke machine to confuse other rc's that might be in the same video. Definitely has room for a small child to sit in the driver's side. I'm getting really excited about this one! Definitely gonna be at least 12s...

Late to the party but from what I can see in the photos, is a twin vertical chassis, 8 shocks. Four for the wheels, and four for the body (hard upside down landings). I also see a smoke machine to confuse other rc's that might be in the same video. Definitely has room for a small child to sit in the driver's side. I'm getting really excited about this one! Definitely gonna be at least 12s...

lol. Just flushed

And they where here for a few years and now are gone..They used some of the design, and casted metall products...cant say that bout the Corally car. By the look their car are far superiour. Good with competition ln the market imo
You're insight is always welcome brother! ❤???
Talked to my lhs today and also showed him my kraton build! (Napkins we're needed for the drooling ???) asked about the new Arrma(they are huge traxxas and Arrma suppliers) and was told they knew nothing about it! He asked was it showed on Arrmas site or horizon and I told him Arrmas as far as I knew. We watched the teaser video together and he was excited. So we'll just have to see... ?

Last edited:
And they where here for a few years and now are gone..They used some of the design, and casted metall products...cant say that bout the Corally car. By the look their car are far superiour. Good with competition ln the market imo
My thoughts too, i'm really looking forward to see the reviews. They are priced just a little higher (€40,-) and for that you get a rebranded Hobbywing max8, sealed bearings, rear 5mm shocktower and triple beefy chassis braces.
So i'm really curious how they compare to the Arrma's when heavily used.

Because they have a 6s and 4s is the reason why I think they won't

But we can also say that because they already have a Kraton 4s and 6s, they can continu in this way. Arrma is maybe the more confusing about their cars name, many of them have the same name, and the name is mainly attached to the body shape.

My thoughts too, i'm really looking forward to see the reviews. They are priced just a little higher (€40,-) and for that you get a rebranded Hobbywing max8, sealed bearings, rear 5mm shocktower and triple beefy chassis braces.
So i'm really curious how they compare to the Arrma's when heavily used.

Yes, on the paper the Corally cars look like to have better quality on some points. But, i'm pretty sure i don't make error when i think they will have some design flaws. Arrma sell 6s cars since years and they had the time to improve them. As Corally is new on the RTR market, and more on the heavy basher market (that what their video suggest), i think they will need time to have something as good as Arrma.

A Kraton is a Kraton is a Kraton, except when it's 4s. I beat on one & busted it pretty badly but it just seems like a overpowered Granite that can't even handle half of that power. Put that system in a proper 4s truck like the Cheetah & you have one of the most ballistic RTRs ever. Which is why I went to the trouble of making something that could live up to the name (muckraker), originally being a 4s truck as well & being 6s capable. Arrma loves to reuse names & usually takes the route that if it looks like one then it should be call as such, no matter what's under the hood. It could have all DBXL level stuff under there but if it has a big Kraton body then it's a Kraton. It only makes sense for it to be a Kraton 8s when there's a 4s & 6s in different scales with similar body styling . . . but honestly, I don't give a damn about the name. It means nothing when you're bashing it to bits (y):ROFLMAO:?

If it has a Kraton-esque body and is tuned to handle similar to a Kraton then it will be called a Kraton. If you've watched the interview with Armma's president you'll understand why. Most of their vehicles are based off a similar platform. It's the look and individual tuning characteristics that determine the name. It's like branding within a brand

It's the look and individual tuning characteristics that determine the name. It's like branding within a brand

And when they change the body shell of an Outcast they call it a Notorious.

The Granit was also a 2WD, 3 different 2WD versions with the same name, but always with the same body than the 4X4. As for the Big Rock 3s, which has a Big Rock 6s body shape, excepted they are both 4x4, they are totally different.

Arrma give a name to a car about the body shell, nothing else.

Tamiya is the best in this category, many cars have the same chassis but they change the name about the body shell.

Last edited:
Both. Watch the interview that Aussie RC Playground did. Addresses the issue when speaking about the poop fit people through when the Notorious was released

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back