Xmaxx motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaden1308

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I have a xmaxx and I have the stock motor and that is 1275kv and I want more power so I want to go with the spektrum 1250kv but is it really a upgrade because there both like the same size and almost the same kv

I've heard about keeping the stock motor and swapping the esc for a max 6. That's what I plan on trying.

I put the ESC / motor from my K8S into my Xmaxx , love it !!! Whole different truck , plenty of torque / speed . 23t pinion on the Traxxas 54t spur truck does 50mph , not even close to worry about motor temp !!!!!

IMG_4665.JPG

I put the ESC / motor from my K8S into my Xmaxx , love it !!! Whole different truck , plenty of torque / speed . 23t pinion on the Traxxas 54t spur truck does 50mph , not even close to worry about motor temp !!!!!

View attachment 206917
Did you have to make or buy a special motor mount?

Hey bud. Is that the motor mount for the smaller motors, or is that the regular WFO mount? Thanks!

View attachment 206917
50 MPH off road? I'm just curious. Thanks 👍

^^^^He has my vote to be HH's new manager in charge of production! I have to admit, the mere thought of Team Losi having their way with the Senton turned me on!

Hey bud. Is that the motor mount for the smaller motors, or is that the regular WFO mount? Thanks!

50 MPH off road? I'm just curious. Thanks 👍
It's the smaller one for motors with 25mm between holes .
I gps'd / speedmeter on paved parking lot 50.6 mph . Did not try it on grass / off road .

It's the smaller one for motors with 25mm between holes .
I gps'd / speedmeter on paved parking lot 50.6 mph . Did not try it on grass / off road .
Yeah mine does like 55mph on grass with the 25/35 gearing. Yeah triple backflips and all that other crazy stuff 😜. Cool. Good to know 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back