It is a forbidden subject ..... Tra##as XMaxx / XRT regular and ultimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
I will brave the banter...... I am Arrma fan, always will be. Love my K8, Mojave, Senton...love the brand....

However, there are those here who have other brands, and I am looking for your input.

Tra##as. Xmaxx.... yes, that thing. Regular vs ultimate version (with $500 bigger price tag for some aluminum and belted tires)

What d'ya think? WERE YOU TO BUY ONE, which would it be?

XRT. Yep, the Kraton clone. (Kinda). Same questions..... Regular vs ultimate ? XRT or Xmaxx?

Personally, I know Xmaxx has the rep of being abused like a bas##ard red headed step child and take it, but a Kevin Talbot video where he races a Losi DBXLe 2.0 against 2 XMaxx's made me feel that the xMaxx's were, in comparison, bouncy little toys when the Losi was more glued to terra firms.

Which, initially make me lean to the XRT. One long timer on here from San Antonio who owns both likes both

Thoughts?

EDIT

Aw man.... I see there is another thread much like this.... @KnowAir gave some details I was looking for....

$500 is a lot for what you get over regular Xmaxx /XRT

Last edited:
You'd better off getting the base XRT and upgrading it yourself if you go that route. The handling is the best of any 8S rig I have, but if you're going to be stunting the Xmaxx is better suited to that.

I definitely wouldn't waste money on the ultimate versions. If I wanted to upgrade some stuff I'd take my ass to aliexpress and buy all the upgrades from there for cheap. Probably spend like 250 instead of the 500 traxxas wants. Don't even need most of those upgrades anyway tbh. Definitely need upgraded bellcrank on the XRT though, that one is mandatory but the vitavon one is so good I wouldn't get anything else.

I would stick with the normal Xmaxx. If you decide to go belted tires/aluminum parts, there are better options in the aftermarket than the Traxxas stuff imo.
I figured....500 is steep for what ya get

You'd better off getting the base XRT and upgrading it yourself if you go that route. The handling is the best of any 8S rig I have, but if you're going to be stunting the Xmaxx is better suited to that.
Im not heavy into stunts..... I am leaning XRT

Take it from someone who did all the "upgrades" to an Xmaxx; If you buy one, LEAVE IT STOCK! With the only caveat being the M2C chassis brace. The more you do to it, the further from reliable it becomes.
I have heard that....... stock replacement parts are (relatively) cheap, and its pretty tough stock

I'd buy a Redcat Vigilante before driving a free Tra##as.

I felt the same....for quite a while.....

I don't own any Traxxas but you can send that free Xmaxx here anytime. :)
Hey HEY !!!!! There are 999 reasons I don't own one..... MY THREAD...... I GET THE FREE STUFF :);):love::cool::D

The only free things in life are bad advice and a s.t.d.
don't remind me....I have had freebies in the past...... :oops::(

I definitely wouldn't waste money on the ultimate versions. If I wanted to upgrade some stuff I'd take my ass to aliexpress and buy all the upgrades from there for cheap. Probably spend like 250 instead of the 500 traxxas wants. Don't even need most of those upgrades anyway tbh. Definitely need upgraded bellcrank on the XRT though, that one is mandatory but the vitavon one is so good I wouldn't get anything else.
Thanx for the straight info @Moirae ..... I figured you would know

Do you need a new one? Any deals on ebay? I don't regret my ebay XRT purchase one bit.
Probably not..... but....... I always get the heebie jeebies when it comes to buying anything used..... you can get a good deal, an ok deal, or ripped off.

If it was a decent deal, sure. I just DO NOT want to buy someone else's problem

Good feedback @CrashBoom

Last edited:
To put it into perspective, for the cost of the XRT ultimate you could get one of these

1710804624085.png

1710804896261.png

1710804765039.png

You'd still need electronics but one of these is a masterpiece and while I like the other one a lot it's not a masterpiece especially at 1500$

*ninja vanish

I know big powa @Moirae will disagree, but I think an X-Maxx or XRT with a max6 and stock motor geared right is a pretty badass time.

I’d skip the Ultimate just because I don’t like adding aluminum and weight before it’s needed.

I know big powa @Moirae will disagree, but I think an X-Maxx or XRT with a max6 and stock motor geared right is a pretty badass time.

I’d skip the Ultimate just because I don’t like adding aluminum and weight before it’s needed.
haha man if you going to get the max 6 g2 you might as well get the combo! :cool:

haha man if you going to get the max 6 g2 you might as well get the combo! :cool:

Pfff, forget the G2. Get the old max6 and go rip.

You get a combo and then you have to get a motor mount and then you have to get x and then you have to get y. Just slap an OG max6 in with the stock motor and go have fun.

You get a combo and then you have to get a motor mount and then you have to get x and then you have to get y. Just slap an OG max6 in with the stock motor and go have fun.
I'm probably getting a 2nd one just to have a stock one in the collection.

I did forget about the motor mount, another pro for arrma 8s!!

*runs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I did forget about the motor mount, another pro for arrma 8s!!

*runs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You can keep trying, brother, but Arrma isn’t going to sponsor you, Daddy Dearden doesn’t care. If the Arrma 8s rigs were so great, Redcat would have copied them.

Seriously though, it is a pro for the Arrma rigs, but again because of the weight I don’t really feel the Traxxas trucks need it as much.

You can keep trying, brother, but Arrma isn’t going to sponsor you, Daddy Dearden doesn’t care. If the Arrma 8s rigs were so great, Redcat would have copied them.

Seriously though, it is a pro for the Arrma rigs, but again because of the weight I don’t really feel the Traxxas trucks need it as much.
I don't think dearden likes me very much. I made a comment on a think the gorgon trailer and he replied with a pretty damn defensive attitude. Funny how I can come off like nothing but an arrma fan to you but dearden would 100% disagree with you :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I think the stock xrt motor is the same size most of us put in our kraton 6s rigs.

I don't think dearden likes me very much. I made a comment on a think the gorgon trailer and he replied with a pretty damn defensive attitude. Funny how I can come off like nothing but an arrma fan to you but dearden would 100% disagree with you :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I think the stock xrt motor is the same size most of us put in our kraton 6s rigs.

Not my fault the 6s Arrma rigs weigh as much as an XRT.

Back