Kraton 39t Pion puller help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
I have a Kraton 8s exb with 39t/39t the pinion move to the motor I take out the set screws with no problem. But I can not take out the pinion. I hot it with torch but nothin. I tray a puller with to arm but was to big to get between the mount and the pinion. Any suggestions?

F4C3EEE3-CB99-4D90-ABA8-E3551B8F4D1B.jpeg

5A7BCED0-906D-4CDF-BA5A-6A592D7AD57A.jpeg

I’m guessing you have no way of holding the pinion tight enough in a vise and tap down on the motor shaft? Only other thing I can think of is cutting it with a dremel cut off wheel. If you carefully slice it most of the way with out hitting the shaft, housing and slider it might be enough to relieve the area that’s hanging up.

I’m guessing you have no way of holding the pinion tight enough in a vise and tap down on the motor shaft? Only other thing I can think of is cutting it with a dremel cut off wheel. If you carefully slice it most of the way with out hitting the shaft, housing and slider it might be enough to relieve the area that’s hanging up.
Thanks, I tight the pinion in the vise but not go out

I e had this happen and put a 1500w heat gun on it for 10mins. Let the heat soak thru. That’s a lot of metal to heat soak. Gotta let it bake a while. Then it should come loose with the screwdriver as a pry bar.

I have a Kraton 8s exb with 39t/39t the pinion move to the motor I take out the set screws with no problem. But I can not take out the pinion. I hot it with torch but nothin. I tray a puller with to arm but was to big to get between the mount and the pinion. Any suggestions?

View attachment 154043

View attachment 154044
This situation sucks, I’ve been there. My best advice is to continue adding heat and trying to work it off. There’s obviously TL on the shaft. Good luck and take your time. I’m sure you don’t wanna F up the motor, pinion, or motor mount slide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back