Bashing blues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I've built out the 6s rig of my dreams (so far🤣) with a Fireteam converted into a monster truck heavily upgraded. Pretty happy about the build but the more I try to go out and bash the more bummed I get.

Went to the biggest spot I have available to bash today, an old mixed use development of offices and light industrial buildings with huge parking lots, a massive grass field, and a good size mixed grass/dirt area. The property hasn't done well over the years and is probably less than half occupied. When I turned in the driveway today, I noticed the check in station/gate that is always vacant and open has now been demolished and removed. In the dirt where it had been were 2 new signs: "No Trespassing" on top, the sign under says "Not Open to the Public". 😳👎👎👎 Did some digging online and found out the property was sold and is being developed to include a mix of homes/townhomes and retail shops. I guess thats the end of bashing there!

Another spot that had been a favorite is now half covered in construction equipment and materials with a fence around it. Can still bash there but the remaining space is pretty rough, tired of busting up rigs on the ground filled with softballl size rocks hiding in the tall thin grass.😖🤣 That leaves pretty much flat grass fields, that has already gotten too boring. Really nowhere good to run it now without driving at least 15-20 minutes to a couple of other parks that I've had my eye on, but the last 2 times I tried people were in the space I wanted and I had to go home and discharge 2 6s batteries.

What to do now? Getting hard to find anywhere off road. Go alll in on a road rig? 1/7th scale street buggy? Mojave shocks/towers? Shelf queen it until I find a good spot? I dunno, just tossing out random things.🤣🤣🤣

I have the same problem, every time I get a good bashing spot Bam! I pretty much go from construction site to construction site until I have to find a new spot.

It's good to have different types of rc's for the in between times. Mojave for dirt, typhon for street. Crawlers, planes etc.

I also have the same problem, the last spot I had was great for two years actually. Now they are kind of developing it so there is equipment everywhere, garbage, scrap steel all kinds of stuff. Another spot I had sadly over grew with weeds and it’s hard to bash there now. I tried clearing them down but it’s like little trees lol. So ya I bash in a gravel open flat area right now and a grass park field as well, when I can find time with no people there in the way. I’ve been looking at some on-road cars as there are a few empty parking lots around in the evenings and also summer now with school out.

I've built out the 6s rig of my dreams (so far🤣) with a Fireteam converted into a monster truck heavily upgraded. Pretty happy about the build but the more I try to go out and bash the more bummed I get.

Went to the biggest spot I have available to bash today, an old mixed use development of offices and light industrial buildings with huge parking lots, a massive grass field, and a good size mixed grass/dirt area. The property hasn't done well over the years and is probably less than half occupied. When I turned in the driveway today, I noticed the check in station/gate that is always vacant and open has now been demolished and removed. In the dirt where it had been were 2 new signs: "No Trespassing" on top, the sign under says "Not Open to the Public". 😳👎👎👎 Did some digging online and found out the property was sold and is being developed to include a mix of homes/townhomes and retail shops. I guess thats the end of bashing there!

Another spot that had been a favorite is now half covered in construction equipment and materials with a fence around it. Can still bash there but the remaining space is pretty rough, tired of busting up rigs on the ground filled with softballl size rocks hiding in the tall thin grass.😖🤣 That leaves pretty much flat grass fields, that has already gotten too boring. Really nowhere good to run it now without driving at least 15-20 minutes to a couple of other parks that I've had my eye on, but the last 2 times I tried people were in the space I wanted and I had to go home and discharge 2 6s batteries.

What to do now? Getting hard to find anywhere off road. Go alll in on a road rig? 1/7th scale street buggy? Mojave shocks/towers? Shelf queen it until I find a good spot? I dunno, just tossing out random things.🤣🤣🤣
everything is fenced off these days very hard to find somewhere new to bash has happened to me a few times over the years I use the golf course now but its a nightmare really have to go at silly times to get a run in :(

You can easily add road tires to most bashers to run them on pavement if you don't want to buy another vehicle. It's definitely not as much fun as running off road, but at least you can run your RC vehicle until you find another good bashing spot.

In my case, I have different vehicles for different purposes: my Typhon 3s with Duratrax Banditos and my Infraction 3s run solely on pavement; my Corally Radix6 buggy runs mostly on dirt; and my Kraton 6s runs mostly on a mixture of dirt and grass. I also have a Corally Muraco (6s truggy) that runs mostly on grass and pavement. I have thought about adding Sweep Racing Road Crushers tires to the Kraton for the occasional run on pavement, but my Muraco with dboot Katar T tires does well enough on pavement without needing a tire change.

everything is fenced off these days very hard to find somewhere new to bash has happened to me a few times over the years I use the golf course now but its a nightmare really have to go at silly times to get a run in :(
We have that problem here too. I swear everything in the state of California has a fence around it. :(

We have that problem here too. I swear everything in the state of California has a fence around it. :(
I thought in california you would have loads of spare land to run rc cars :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back