What race buggy for bashing.!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not try something a bit cheaper? I bash a Hobao Hyper VS running the stock spektrum system from my v2 infraction. it's taken everything in its stride I have put it through. only weak part is the wing

Question about these buggies, I see some use pillow balls up front and some use C-hubs, is there a reason why one may be better over the other.??
I'm tagging you into this @razorrc, as your the only person I know who may be able to explain to me why, and what's better 😎

C-hubs are more aggressive, have more steering, more weight transfer. Pivot balls are smoother, easier to drive, better on bumpy surfaces.

So I think it's time to build another kit..!!
I'm looking at a race buggy for light bashing, I don't currently have a Typhon as a buggy as mine is currently a drag car.. (do have a Radix though)

Been looking at Mugen, Tekno and XRAY what do you think would be the toughest..??
I can get XRAY and Tekno in my area but I've no idea who stocks Mugen where I am 🤔

Any thoughts...

https://teamxray.com/xb8e/2023/en/

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr9003-eb48-2-1-1-8th-4wd-competition-electric-buggy-kit/

https://www.mugenracing.com/mbx8r-eco-2/
From what I have observed the Team Corally Asuga XLR is a good choice if you haven't considered. It handles great and is durable as all heck for the price, size and power. Take a look.

https://www.google.com/search?q=asu...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1a538253,vid:Z-cgcMLJCGg

Why not try something a bit cheaper? I bash a Hobao Hyper VS running the stock spektrum system from my v2 infraction. it's taken everything in its stride I have put it through. only weak part is the wing
From what I have observed the Team Corally Asuga XLR is a good choice if you haven't considered. It handles great and is durable as all heck for the price, size and power. Take a look.

https://www.google.com/search?q=asu...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1a538253,vid:Z-cgcMLJCGg
Thanks for the sugestions, but the two buggies mentioned above are not even in the same league as the ones I'm looking at as far as build quality, fit and finish.. 😉

On a side note, I think my final decision is going to revolve around which one I can get spares for easiest..

I don't have a 2.1, but I used to bash my Tekno EB48 2.0 pretty good.

Tekno used to offer 50% parts, had to send them the old part, not sure if they still do that or not.
They still do it…
I bash tekno truggy and buggy. Tires are hard to find for the buggy for bashing cause the arms are so wide and rub. I’m using mx2.8 with hub extenders. It’s great! I’ve sold all my arrma stuff and will probably never buy again. Tekno spoils you!

Last edited:
They still do it…
I bash tekno truggy and buggy. Tires are hard to find for the buggy for bashing cause the arms are so wide and rub. I’m using mx2.8 with hub extenders. It’s great! I’ve sold all my arrma stuff and will probably never buy again. Tekno spoils you!
what's the et48 2.0 like to bash and how's it hold up to 6s power or is it ok on 4s

what's the et48 2.0 like to bash and how's it hold up to 6s power or is it ok on 4s
I have the previous generation truggy. .3 I do have the 2.0 buggy and it’s durable so far. I’ve tried 6s on the truggy. It held up well although I found parts to wear quicker. Really though these teknos are optimized for 4s and it shows. I don’t feel the need for 6s, for me.

So I think it's time to build another kit..!!
I'm looking at a race buggy for light bashing, I don't currently have a Typhon as a buggy as mine is currently a drag car.. (do have a Radix though)

Been looking at Mugen, Tekno and XRAY what do you think would be the toughest..??
I can get XRAY and Tekno in my area but I've no idea who stocks Mugen where I am 🤔

Any thoughts...

https://teamxray.com/xb8e/2023/en/

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr9003-eb48-2-1-1-8th-4wd-competition-electric-buggy-kit/

https://www.mugenracing.com/mbx8r-eco-2/
My vote goes to the Tekno EB48 2.0/2.1.

I’ve owned my 2.0 for about 2 years now.

It’s done many race days in all conditions from the heat of the summer to below 0 temps and rain, I do maintain and check it regularly but nevertheless it has rarely failed at the track.

On practice days I’ve ripped it up and down the track hitting the biggest jumps over and over, kind of bashing it around a bit and, it takes it no problem.

They are very easy to work on too, nothing is over complicated for the sake of it and features like easy access front, rear and centre diffs as well as easy to service shocks are convenient.

RPRC in the UK are your go-to for parts, that very rarely are out of stock of anything and have excellent service.

Happy to help if you have any questions.

RPRC in the UK are your go-to for parts, that very rarely are out of stock of anything and have excellent service.
All my previous Tekno's came from them, Matt's a great guy with awesome service..!!

I'm really swaying towards the Tekno as it's so accessible, but I really want to try something new (normally regret it afterwards🤣)......

All my previous Tekno's came from them, Matt's a great guy with awesome service..!!

I'm really swaying towards the Tekno as it's so accessible, but I really want to try something new (normally regret it afterwards🤣)......
Well, there's Sworkz, Serpent, Kyosho, Hot Bodies, Losi and Associated to consider as well.. I don't truly keep up with what all is out there but, a few to consider..
I know M2C offers quite a bit of upgrades for the Tekno's. Is M2C feasible to you in the UK?
If you're gonna bash hard, you might want to consider what's available for upgrades for each..
I'm a light duty basher so, most any of them is good enough for my use.

I am coming around from that sort of regret but not really as I am glad I tried it. I mean, I bought an arrma Mojave exb really cheap. It was in good condition. I thought, I can’t lose it was cheap enough. Also, I wanted to try 6s. As I always run 4, teknos. Long story short is it was a fun car but the problems were to much to warrant keeping it. So, I’m back to teknos. Anyways, you’re probably right. You’ll probably regret it! That’s what this hobby is all about though. Have fun!

I am coming around from that sort of regret but not really as I am glad I tried it. I mean, I bought an arrma Mojave exb really cheap. It was in good condition. I thought, I can’t lose it was cheap enough. Also, I wanted to try 6s. As I always run 4, teknos. Long story short is it was a fun car but the problems were to much to warrant keeping it. So, I’m back to teknos. Anyways, you’re probably right. You’ll probably regret it! That’s what this hobby is all about though. Have fun!
The Mojo was really good to me in terms of durability, I just don't have the space or surfaces that it likes, so I did a swap between kraton and mojo suspension and outer drivetrain parts.. the narrowed kraton is the winner for me. The kraton XL is okay, still needs some birthing room to really stretch her legs though.. I'm going to try some FT springs and see if I can make it a little more "sporty".
Did you have issues with the Mojo? Just curious.
I had an MT410, great truck. I wanted something more track worthy, so I put it on an ET48.3 chassis, truggy tires, Corally motor and esc.. it's easily my favorite/fastest rig now.😁👍

The Mojo was really good to me in terms of durability, I just don't have the space or surfaces that it likes, so I did a swap between kraton and mojo suspension and outer drivetrain parts.. the narrowed kraton is the winner for me. The kraton XL is okay, still needs some birthing room to really stretch her legs though.. I'm going to try some FT springs and see if I can make it a little more "sporty".
Did you have issues with the Mojo? Just curious.
I had an MT410, great truck. I wanted something more track worthy, so I put it on an ET48.3 chassis, truggy tires, Corally motor and esc.. it's easily my favorite/fastest rig now.😁👍
The Mojave is a great platform. Although I did put a notorious chassis on it with 2.8’s. Great truck! is pretty durable. The thing that I had a problem with was the drivetrain. Rounding out outdrives in 10 packs. I could never get the diffs to not bind. I saw the rabbit hole of buying aftermarket to make it a better “basher”. With my teknos I’ve put 100’s of packs thru it before it needed outdrives. I wait till they’re bad 😂 I’ve never had a problem tuning or serious issues tekno diffs. I will say though that they aren’t perfect out of the box for bashing. They are a race platform and need mods for bashing. The et48.3 is probably my all time favorite rc thus far!

C-hubs are more aggressive, have more steering, more weight transfer. Pivot balls are smoother, easier to drive, better on bumpy surfaces.
I Prefer C hubs if I had a choice. More precise response. Point and shoot. I like the feel of it. Has better driver feedback. PB setups seem to be lamer for me. Harder to dial in. Roll center etc. Never felt Arrma 6s line had the best PB and Steering geometry anyway. Still based on the old Team Durango design. I don't like my balls.:LOL:
You have way more experience in regards however. Tested many platforms. (y)
I like Tekno for this reason among others.

I Followed this guy, JQ for years now. Great driver and RC designer. has much knowledge to share. Some of it is too technical for the average RC Basher, no doubt. Depends at what level you are into with RC.
He just retired from Racing. Has his own brand now. This guy is a trip.:D

Last edited:
The Mojave is a great platform. Although I did put a notorious chassis on it with 2.8’s. Great truck! is pretty durable. The thing that I had a problem with was the drivetrain. Rounding out outdrives in 10 packs. I could never get the diffs to not bind. I saw the rabbit hole of buying aftermarket to make it a better “basher”. With my teknos I’ve put 100’s of packs thru it before it needed outdrives. I wait till they’re bad 😂 I’ve never had a problem tuning or serious issues tekno diffs. I will say though that they aren’t perfect out of the box for bashing. They are a race platform and need mods for bashing. The et48.3 is probably my all time favorite rc thus far!
I can agree, the center drive cups on both my Arrma's are pretty beat, outdrives aren't too bad yet. I'm 2 plus years in on the mojo. Also, the lsd diffs never feel particularly "smooth" to me, but I just run em.. no failures yet. I converted some of them to "open" with the Arrma shim kits.. no idea which ones either, LOL. I really don't get too technical with things. Kinda spoils the fun factor for me. Run till failure, fix, repeat..🤷‍♂️
The only real weakness I've found from my Tekno's thus far are the cvds (MT410). They do bend fairly easily, especially on bigger tires.. never broke one though. Remove, straighten and reinstall.. carry on. The 410.3 has been stellar.. I mean, it's just a tank in 1/10 scale for me.. albeit a fast and stealthy tank. Love it.👍🍻

I can agree, the center drive cups on both my Arrma's are pretty beat, outdrives aren't too bad yet. I'm 2 plus years in on the mojo. Also, the lsd diffs never feel particularly "smooth" to me, but I just run em.. no failures yet. I converted some of them to "open" with the Arrma shim kits.. no idea which ones either, LOL. I really don't get too technical with things. Kinda spoils the fun factor for me. Run till failure, fix, repeat..🤷‍♂️
The only real weakness I've found from my Tekno's thus far are the cvds (MT410). They do bend fairly easily, especially on bigger tires.. never broke one though. Remove, straighten and reinstall.. carry on. The 410.3 has been stellar.. I mean, it's just a tank in 1/10 scale for me.. albeit a fast and stealthy tank. Love it.👍🍻
Ya, the Mojave is a good platform like I said. If arrma would make a higher tolerance diff and Higher quality steel. then they would be great. i would spend the xtra money to have a better platform so that later down the road I don’t have to replace parts after a few packs.

I’m the same way I wait till things break before fixing 😂 just bashing it doesn’t matter so much I guess.

I run truggy tires on my truggy. Do bend cvd’s. bend them back when the hit something 😁

Well, there's Sworkz, Serpent, Kyosho, Hot Bodies, Losi and Associated to consider as well.. I don't truly keep up with what all is out there but, a few to consider..
I know M2C offers quite a bit of upgrades for the Tekno's. Is M2C feasible to you in the UK?
M2C is hit and miss over here, I see all those other brands but to be honest some are just not for me or just too hard to source spares etc

I am coming around from that sort of regret but not really as I am glad I tried it. I mean, I bought an arrma Mojave exb really cheap. It was in good condition. I thought, I can’t lose it was cheap enough. Also, I wanted to try 6s. As I always run 4, teknos. Long story short is it was a fun car but the problems were to much to warrant keeping it.
My Mojave EXB is one of my favourite Arrma's I own and probably the most durable other than my Mojavfied 😉

So, I’m back to teknos. Anyways, you’re probably right. You’ll probably regret it! That’s what this hobby is all about though. Have fun!
I know I will regret buying whatever I buy next.!! But hey, like you say that's all part of the hobby (and being broke) 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have been pricing up the new buggy plus all the extras I need like an esc/motor, RX and servo etc and it going to cost over £1k..!!
This hobby is no joke.!! 🤣😵‍💫

M2C is hit and miss over here, I see all those other brands but to be honest some are just not for me or just too hard to source spares etc

My Mojave EXB is one of my favourite Arrma's I own and probably the most durable other than my Mojavfied 😉

I know I will regret buying whatever I buy next.!! But hey, like you say that's all part of the hobby (and being broke) 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have been pricing up the new buggy plus all the extras I need like an esc/motor, RX and servo etc and it going to cost over £1k..!!
This hobby is no joke.!! 🤣😵‍💫
😂😂😂yes, you nailed it. I think for me I was so used to running 4s. When I tried 6s and the power it had and the wear on the parts it was to much. As I could take my truggy and keep up and perform just as well on 4s. So I question why I’m spending all this money to run 6s. I don’t want to bash arrma here. Cause I think they are good platforms. Although, they just like any rc will cost ya 😂 Also, I only allow myself 2 bashers at a time so I don’t go broke. So, I am staying with my teknos. The fun of this hobby is experimenting with different kits and ideas! I’ve done a lot and don’t need to go around anymore. My first rc car was a frog, wild Willy, grasshopper then an rc10. Ya, I’m old 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back