Kraton Castle 1717 Heatsink + Fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to this thread. I was able to get a cooling solution in time for the warmer weather around the corner and throw on larger pinions. I also 3d printed a fan shroud for the velocity stack. If I needed, I have some 40mm server fans ready to be mounted.

That's awesome! I'm glad this thread was helpful. 😊🤘🏼
I will be building a similar set up. I will have to see if I can get my cousin to print me off the adapter plate. I will be running 34 pinion : 34 limitless spool. I wonder if this can keep the temps low enough. What temps have you seen?

I'm not sure if this setup will help keep temps down on your setup. I say that because I'm not familiar with running that large of a pinion. I understand that you'll be running a smaller spool, but I'm not knowledgeable on the subject enough to know the heat effects of a setup like that. Sorry I couldn't give more insight.

The temps I was getting were below 180 degrees, but the exact ones are somewhere in one of my threads. But please keep in mind - my driving style could be the reason for keeping temps down. I feather the throttle Vs. constantly holding down on it. Good luck with everything!

Last edited:
You all covered this pretty well but just one additional note. I have two limitless each with the castle XLX2 paired with 1717 motors. One of them has a clamp with two fans blowing on it the other had a heatsink (not the good ones mentioned in this post) with two fans. The latter had this consistent problem with the B wire having to be re-soldered. I thought the engine was going bad. Anyway, I replaced the heatsink with the clamp and two fans like the other one and bingo, melting wire problem instantly stopped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back