Castle Creations XLX-2 just released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit with the MMX8s and XLX pricing, I assumed this new ESC would be north of 300.00
Really happy they made it semi-affordable. (but costs more than some RC cars I have purchased)

ESC Only: $249.95 https://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-xlx/mamba-xlx2-8s-33-6v-esc-20a-peak-bec-010-0167-00
ESC with 800kv 2028: $469.95 https://www.castlecreations.com/en/...sc-with-2028-800kv-sensored-motor-010-0167-01
ESC with 1100kv 20280: $469.95 https://www.castlecreations.com/en/...c-with-2028-1100kv-sensored-motor-010-0167-02

The comparison datalogs on this page really show how powerful this ESC is:
https://www.castlecreations.com/en/xlxvsxlx2
We are extremely excited by this ESC and can't wait for more people to try to push it to it's limits. Good luck ever getting the 50mm fan to turn on.

robert@castle

with the MONSTER X 25.2V ESC, 8A PEAK BEC W / 1512-2650KV SENSORED MOTOR
running in my new v2 infraction what kind of speed should I be able to achieve?

robert@castle

with the MONSTER X 25.2V ESC, 8A PEAK BEC W / 1512-2650KV SENSORED MOTOR
running in my new v2 infraction what kind of speed should I be able to achieve?
Hard for me to say, I've never run an infraction and I've never ran that motor in any Arrma vehicle. I will say that ESC is limited to 6s and that motor gets really hot on anything over 4s because of a design compromise with the short stack 15 series motors, so it's not going to be that fast. I'd guess 40ish..
1515-2200KV would be a better choice with that ESC because it runs well at 6s.
2200KV * 4.2V/C * 6C = 55440RPM
2600KV * 4.2V/C * 4C = 43680RPM
So if you run both motors at their max voltage rating, the 1515 2200kv will run ~12kv faster and have more torque.

If you upgrade to the Monster X 8s and get the 1717-1650KV to run on 8s it will have the exact same RPM output at the 1515, but will have even more torque.
1650KV * 4.2V/C * 8 = 55440RPM. I have seen the 1717 power an Limitless to over 120mph on 8s, and it can do more, we were just limited by gearing(and all the ball bearings in the rear diff exploding)

Greetings. Where does Castle Creations Mamba XLX2 available for immediate purchase?
I pre-ordered mine from the Castle website and it arrived today.

So I just wanted to add to the discussion about the XLX2. I received mine yesterday and took some time today to mount it in the Infraction V2. It took some trimming and drilling but it is now mounted in the stock location. Here are some pics.

A1F62365-FD58-416E-99FE-3E1672409BA9.jpeg

95D0805D-0BD5-4401-9334-DF0DE6009DF6.jpeg

Are the xlx2’s burning up?
Like it was mentioned before it seems like some high speed people have been able to set it on fire. I'm using mine for bashing on my Outcast 8s with the 1100kv motor and 35/47 gearing. No issues so far after a couple of bash sessions. No error codes either. This thing makes my Outcast run like a 6s Outcast ?

Like it was mentioned before it seems like some high speed people have been able to set it on fire. I'm using mine for bashing on my Outcast 8s with the 1100kv motor and 35/47 gearing. No issues so far after a couple of bash sessions. No error codes either. This thing makes my Outcast run like a 6s Outcast ?
Ok cool
I have 2 xlx2’s mysrlf
I’m also using one in my outcast 8s with the 800kv 2028 on 44t/47t gearing

I also have one in my Kraton 8s with a tp power 5860

So far so good as well..I’m thinking of swapping out some of my xlx’s on my limitless’s but maybe I’ll wait to see how these new ones do

I did swap out the factory fan on one of my xlx2’s so maybe this will help it from burning up

09195C3D-89B3-4102-B109-862932D966FA.jpeg

A717CA3C-837A-47FB-9B78-00A98A47BB6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok cool
I have 2 xlx2’s mysrlf

So far so good as well..I’m thinking of swapping out some of my xlx’s on my limitless’s but maybe I’ll wait to see how these new ones do

I did swap out the factory fan on one of my xlx2’s so maybe this will help it from burning up

View attachment 114735

View attachment 114743
Nice. Yeah from what I've seen and experienced so far with the XLX2, this is the ESC to get for the heavier rigs like the 8s Arrmas.

Ok cool
I have 2 xlx2’s mysrlf

View attachment 114735

View attachment 114743
Kevid tried his out with a TP motor and it didn't end well. I wonder if it has to do with the ABC wires from the ESC to the motor. I know that Castle warns that A has to go to A, B to B, etc. He just made his motor go the other direction. ?. Well at least for the stock motors that's what Castle says. If not, damage to the motor and ESC is possible. Or does it matter for aftermarket motors too??? All he pretty much did was turn it on ?

Last edited:
Kevid tried his out with a TP motor and it didn't end well. I wonder if it has to do with the ABC wires from the ESC to the motor. I know that Castle warns that A has to go to A, B to B, etc. He just made his motor go the other direction. ?. Well at least for the stock motors that's what Castle says. If not, damage to the motor and ESC is possible. Or does it matter for aftermarket motors too??? All he pretty much did was turn it on ?
A/B/C order is only important with sensored motors as the sensor determines what as A, B and C.

Kevin is not the best point of reference imho. A bad lipo could also pop the esc. He was revving it off the ground. If it's like a 3200kv (4-5s) TP motor on 6S+ This esc doesn't stop due to amp draw/max rpm limits because it's intended not to... It's easy to just blame the esc.

A/B/C order is only important with sensored motors as the sensor determines what as A, B and C.

Kevin is not the best point of reference imho. A bad lipo could also pop the esc. He was revving it off the ground. If it's like a 3200kv (4-5s) TP motor on 6S+ This esc doesn't stop due to amp draw/max rpm limits because it's intended not to... It's easy to just blame the esc.
A bad lipo should not pop an esc.. an esc should be fireproof theres absolutely no reason for an esc to explode unless you overheat it and thermal safe fails. I have a few people i know who run puffed lipos. I know its retarded but what can i say. When you buy an expensive piece of equipment who burst into flames ruinning your 1000-2000 rc car5 seconds after You turn it on. We can say a lot of people don't kneo what they do with rcs you knows there's a lot of nubies. I know people who do speedrun and have no clue how to calibrate an esc and ssy the esc is junked ou of them box without doing the proper investigation. In thie case the lipo didnt go off like lipo typical fasion
Maybe the funny noise was from the lipos i cant say

kevins video doesn't even look like the esc caught fire. looks like the batteries caught fire and melted the esc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back