Typhon Could you give me some tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently reached 70mph and I want to go further, I am starting to use 6s batteries, I would like some advice on how to improve my speed. thanks.

Photos of your current configuration, electronics , and tires setup would help us greatly to assist you on your endeavors..

typhon, 34 spur/29 gear , max6, 1520 castle

typhon, 34 spur/29 gear, max6 , 1520 castle, tires dboots
This is the speed calculator I prefer. It can be a great help in your setup. For closer to real world results, do the computations with 80% kv of the motor.
The Max6 will be limited, but should take you over 100mph.
Lowering the car helps.
Is this going to be a dedicated speed runner, or do wish to keep the stock Typhon configuration?

This is the speed calculator I prefer. It can be a great help in your setup. For closer to real world results, do the computations with 80% kv of the motor.
The Max6 will be limited, but should take you over 100mph.
Lowering the car helps.
Is this going to be a dedicated speed runner, or do wish to keep the stock Typhon configuration?
yeah, I'm focusing more on being a runner, and a few days ago I bought a tp 4070cm.

yeah, I'm focusing more on being a runner, and a few days ago I bought a tp 4070cm.
Well ok, then! Just be warned, that rabbit hole you’re flirting with right now will open up into a giant, money sucking chasm in a minute.
I would get Limitless shocks and shock towers, front and rear.
GRP’s will take you farther and faster than Hoons.
If your goals are north of 100mph you should be considering a GT chassis or side plates and a GT style body. Front splitter for sure.
When doing setup, make certain that the rear of the chassis can never get lower than the front or blow-overs will be unavoidable.
How many KV is that 4070?
Oh, and I forgot to share the link for the speed calculator, lol. Here it is.
https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

I recently reached 70mph and I want to go further, I am starting to use 6s batteries, I would like some advice on how to improve my speed. thanks.
I personally got my highest speed at 98.1MPH with Dboot belted hoons 46T spur and 29T pinion. Everything else was stock… currently upgrading myself for major speed runs

¡Bueno está bien! Solo ten cuidado, esa
¡Bueno está bien! Solo ten cuidado, esa madriguera de conejo con la que estás coqueteando en este momento se abre en un abismo gigante que chupa dinero en un minuto.
Obtendría amortiguadores Limitless y torres de choque, delanteras y traseras.
Los GRP te llevarán más lejos y más rápido que los Hoons.
Si sus objetivos están por encima de las 100 mph, debería considerar un chasis GT o placas laterales y una carrocería estilo GT. Separador delantero seguro.
Al realizar la configuración, asegúrese de que la parte trasera del chasis nunca pueda estar más abajo que la parte delantera o los volcamientos sean inevitables.
de cuantos kv es ese 4070?
Ah, y se me olvidó compartir el enlace de la calculadora de velocidad, jajaja. Aquí lo tienes.

madriguera de conejo con la que estás coqueteando en este momento se abre en un abismo gigante que chupa dinero en un minuto.
Obtendría amortiguadores LimitlesTengo dos chasis mugen gt, los uso y funcionan muy bien pero no veo mucha diferencia, lo bueno es su espuma protectora, si los amortiguadores delanteros son más bajos que los traseros, también tengo nuevos grp s2, queria saber si hace falta tener giroscopio,sy torres de choque, delanteras y traseras.
Si sus objetivos están por encima de las 100 mph, debería considerar un chasis GT o placas laterales y una carrocería estilo GT. Separador delantero seguro.
Al realizar la configuración, asegúrese de que la parte trasera del chasis nunca pueda estar más abajo que la parte delantera o los volcamientos sean inevitables.
Ah, y se me olvidó compartir el enlace de la calculadora de velocidad, jajaja. Aquí lo tienes.

¡Bueno está bien! Solo ten cuidado, esa madriguera de conejo con la que estás coqueteando en este momento se abrirá en un abismo gigante que chupa dinero en un minuto.
Obtendría amortiguadores Limitless y torres de choque, delanteras y traseras.
Al realizar la configuración, asegúrese de que la parte trasera del chasis nunca pueda estar más abajo que la parte delantera o los volcamientos serán inevitables.
I have two mugen gt chassis, I use them and they work very well but I don't see much difference, the good thing is their protective foam, if the front shock absorbers are lower than in the back, I also have new grp s2, I wanted to know if you need to have a gyroscope,

I personally got my highest speed at 98.1MPH with Dboot belted hoons 46T spur and 29T pinion. Everything else was stock… currently upgrading myself for major speed runs
what configuration did you use?

what configuration did you use?
Stock typhon 6s blx, 60K/500K/30K f/c/r diff fluids. Timing all the way up on esc, punch setting at 3, ripple killer cap pack as well
IMG_5252.png

Stock typhon 6s blx, 60K/500K/30K f/c/r diff fluids. Timing all the way up on esc, punch setting at 3, ripple killer cap pack as well View attachment 309698
I wouldn’t push the timing to the max. It’s already too high at default. I turn it down to under 15. If you boost it up, keep close watch on your temps and good luck not melting down the ESC under load.

I wouldn’t push the timing to the max. It’s already too high at default. I turn it down to under 15. If you boost it up, keep close watch on your temps and good luck not melting down the ESC under load.
Did multiple, multiple runs and absolutely no issues. Turn timing down to 15? Maybe if you want it to run cooler and have more torque. This is a speed run/build. Yeah I was pushing stock electronics for sure but they held up just fine and pretty cool temps. Also have other electronics going in and have a whole new build for it.

Did multiple, multiple runs and absolutely no issues. Turn timing down to 15? Maybe if you want it to run cooler and have more torque. This is a speed run/build. Yeah I was pushing stock electronics for sure but they held up just fine and pretty cool temps. Also have other electronics going in and have a whole new build for it.
Groovy. Do a build thread, man!

I have two mugen gt chassis, I use them and they work very well but I don't see much difference, the good thing is their protective foam, if the front shock absorbers are lower than in the back, I also have new grp s2, I wanted to know if you need to have a gyroscope,

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Few ideas for next mods. https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-infraction-ara109001

1. Limitless / Infraction / Felony - shock towers.
2. Limitless / Infraction / Felony - shocks all around.
3. Perfect pass springs for those Limitless shocks.
4. Stretched chassis upgrade (Kraton chassis usually)
4. XLX2 ESC and a good servo.
5. Nice quality lipo like the CNHL G+ 70c series. or up your game to top tier with Onyx RC power lipos https://www.onyxrcpowersystemsusa.com/collections/all

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Few ideas for next mods. https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-infraction-ara109001

1. Limitless / Infraction / Felony - shock towers.
2. Limitless / Infraction / Felony - shocks all around.
3. Perfect pass springs for those Limitless shocks.
4. Stretched chassis upgrade (Kraton chassis usually)
4. XLX2 ESC and a good servo.
5. Nice quality lipo like the CNHL G+ 70c series. or up your game to top tier with Onyx RC power lipos https://www.onyxrcpowersystemsusa.com/collections/all
I bought this one a month ago, I liked it a lot, will it be enough?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...7nzjZzA78oARvIom8tfWpInbP4Kk3UDRoCt6UQAvD_BwE
Dude, is it necessary to use the gyroscope on the speedruns? i have one on my radiolink rc6gs v2 but i don't use it.

I bought this one a month ago, I liked it a lot, will it be enough?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...7nzjZzA78oARvIom8tfWpInbP4Kk3UDRoCt6UQAvD_BwE
Dude, is it necessary to use the gyroscope on the speedruns? i have one on my radiolink rc6gs v2 but i don't use it.
Some like to run gyros, some don’t. Those who do have the gain turned way down, I’ve heard ranges from 5% to 15%. But regardless of your decision, it’s imperative to get the car setup correctly and tracking straight without the use of a gyro.
After that it’s up to you.

We talking a 6s Typhon or 3s Typhon?????? So we are on the same page. I don't want to assume.
This makes all the differnce in the world , how to proceed.
Can you be more specific?
And what have you done so far? What gearing do you have etc?
Stock Electrics etc????
What Belted Tires you speed running with?
Hopefully not with the stocker Typhon wheels. That is not serious speed running to begin with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back