Defiant’s XMAXX Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks 🙏 I snagged the last set of backflips from Jenny’s haha
Sweet! I bought the RPM hubs before even running the truck, then heard the TRX updated hubs are supposed to be better..oh well. I'll buy them if I have a failure I guess.
I see you got the black wheel hubs, nice. Are they the extended version?
How does that 20 million weight "fluid" come out of the container? Gotta be like silly putty?
What are you going to run for a body?
Nice truck👌

Sweet! I bought the RPM hubs before even running the truck, then heard the TRX updated hubs are supposed to be better..oh well. I'll buy them if I have a failure I guess.
I see you got the black wheel hubs, nice. Are they the extended version?
How does that 20 million weight "fluid" come out of the container? Gotta be like silly putty?
What are you going to run for a body?
Nice truck👌
The black ones are standard length, but I did order +10mm hubs those will be raw silver and the 20M feels like really thick jell-o

I’ll be sticking with my white indestructible body for now, maybe dying it black or grey in the future

View attachment 205671
View attachment 205672

Put in the proper “fluid”

View attachment 205673
View attachment 205674
M2C motor mount is sick and the chassis brace is STIFF I can definitely notice the difference. Not to mention the fit and finish is excellent. I ordered the motor end support brace to match
View attachment 205675
I’ve been seeing enough negative comments on the rpm front carriers that I changed my mind and spent the money on 7737X carriers and I guess I’ll keep the rpm ones as spare
View attachment 205676

View attachment 205677
Progress has been good lately but still lots left to do..
Yeah I've heard bad things about the front rpm carriers. I also installed the front Traxxas carriers with the bigger inner bearings and they have been working great. No more blown front inner bearings! I just might try that center brace and motor mount on my X-Maxx from M2C. Also the bracket underneath from M2C is probably necessary too. Those two things would help keep things together while bashing in the cold weather or concrete landings. When I do either of those two things, usually I blow up a bulkhead or the top chassis center brace in the rear where the motor is. There WFO titanium driveshafts do bend a bit with 26ft plus jumps, but not as much as the stock ones. The pin is removable (the one that goes into the drive cups) on the WFO driveshafts, so sometimes they come loose and cause damage. They can also fall off and get lost (I grabbed a hinge pin from the Xmaxx and cut it down to size to solve that problem when I lost one). I've only had issues with those pins in the rear. Your set up is looking nice! I also use the ebay roll cage to help save my bodies and to keep it from flying off. It works great and it's very durable. Quite a few crashes with it already. It's expensive though but I like it :
20220307_090837.jpg

Yeah I've heard bad things about the front rpm carriers. I also installed the front Traxxas carriers with the bigger inner bearings and they have been working great. No more blown front inner bearings! I just might try that center brace and motor mount on my X-Maxx from M2C. Also the bracket underneath from M2C is probably necessary too. Those two things would help keep things together while bashing in the cold weather or concrete landings. When I do either of those two things, usually I blow up a bulkhead or the top chassis center brace in the rear where the motor is. There WFO titanium driveshafts do bend a bit with 26ft plus jumps, but not as much as the stock ones. The pin is removable (the one that goes into the drive cups) on the WFO driveshafts, so sometimes they come loose and cause damage. They can also fall off and get lost (I grabbed a hinge pin from the Xmaxx and cut it down to size to solve that problem when I lost one). I've only had issues with those pins in the rear. Your set up is looking nice! I also use the ebay roll cage to help save my bodies and to keep it from flying off. It works great and it's very durable. Quite a few crashes with it already. It's expensive though but I like it :
View attachment 205782
Nice cars there, is that external cage heavy?

Nice cars there, is that external cage heavy?
Not really. It's made out of mostly very thick nylon feeling plastic. I'm pretty impressed at the durability of it. And it keeps your body from flying off. It also protects it from falling apart. I haven't even used the indestructible ugly body after I went with the roll cage. It's annoying to take it on and off from the rear of the body because of the body clips, but it's also annoying to go bet the body when it flies off 🤣. Also, it's permanently attached to the front bumper, so you would have to remove the front bumper for working on the vehicle. I also had to reinforce the rear bumper area with longer bolts and nuts (stock ones pull out the the rear bumper lower support on big crashes). Overall it's a great way to keep your stock body looking nice. Since I run giant motors and ESCS, the extra ounces are irrelevant for my set up 👍

Last edited:
Glad to hear👍 I know you run em pretty hard so, that's good info!
I've been pretty impressed by Arrmas tires and wheels so far, which is why I decided on the 8s backflips. $100 shipped from JRC.
I am intrigued by the Rovan tires as well, they're even cheaper..just not sure how they hold up to 8s since the Rovan rigs are all gas powered. Don't think they have the power of brushless? IDK
I broke another DuraTrax lockup with a bad landing today while sending my K8S. I cracked the rim and the plastic hex was damaged too. These tires were supposed to be for the Xmaxx, so I had to make the hole bigger with that stepper drill bit (now they have the Lockups that fit directly to the 24mm hexes), so that probably made them weaker. The tire flew off when I landed awkwardly with my 30bls beast

20220312_171534.jpg
20220312_171520.jpg

I broke another DuraTrax lockup with a bad landing today while sending my K8S. I cracked the rim and the plastic hex was damaged too. These tires were supposed to be for the Xmaxx, so I had to make the hole bigger with that stepper drill bit (now they have the Lockups that fit directly to the 24mm hexes), so that probably made them weaker. The tire flew off when I landed awkwardly with my 30bls beast

View attachment 205949View attachment 206036
Never had any luck with Duratrax wheels my self. I don't like em. They're popular because of the price I think. Have you looked at the Method RC tires? Belted, tread looks decent. Looks like the 1/5 combo comes with adapters for either Arrma or Xmaxx..
https://methodrc.net/collections/wh...tires-on-array-24mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued
I meant BOTH, Arrma and Xmaxx

Never had any luck with Duratrax wheels my self. I don't like em. They're popular because of the price I think. Have you looked at the Method RC tires? Belted, tread looks decent. Looks like the 1/5 combo comes with adapters for either Arrma or Xmaxx..
https://methodrc.net/collections/wh...tires-on-array-24mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued
Woah those look sick, but dang 846 grams per wheel! I wish they were Beadlock

I've been giving my DuraTrax tires hell for like two years. I've managed to crack only 3 rims out of like 3 sets. Not bad for a cheap tire. I run them mostly at the park, so no insane terrain. But I do jump my heavy ass rigs 26ft plus with them. I also like my proline 4.3 trenchers. They have proven to be durable and good for double and even triple backflips with my Arrma 8s trucks. I feel that they do break more stuff though when landing badly, but not by much since they are heavier than the duratrax lockups.

904197FD-1D03-4F20-AA59-539171A4F5D3.jpeg

My wfo servo horn kit came in so time to start wrenching

6966A2EA-6FF3-489C-A5D7-4983657FFF2B.jpeg

Old reliable is out, this lasted me a while and still works so I’ll keep it as a spare

D02991B2-0877-4804-BD2C-04A1F88A51D1.jpeg

The triple 5 slotted in perfectly and the servo horn fit like a glove. I zeroed out the servo and manually tested the throw and everything seems good so far

6A7E45BC-A88A-4162-ADD5-D0E846EC10AC.jpeg

Looks like stock and fits like stock, can’t even tell it’s been upgraded without looking closely

225EC3EF-97E2-4092-96E3-3DF7109ACA96.jpeg

I’m really liking this M2C chassis brace, they even countersunk the screw for that flush look. This beats the double stick tape method

ACDB25DB-C6D0-44C9-8398-8B8F1CC24F44.jpeg

How’s that for cable management?

1A193562-C5C9-4103-A97C-C5729FC297C9.jpeg

998C8801-ECAB-4A07-9493-D512C63A99CD.jpeg

Just waiting on my new gears so I can set the mesh and permanently mount the motor. I definitely didn’t forget something when I put the truck back together, nope not at all. Let’s see who can find the problem lol

View attachment 206159
I’m really liking this M2C chassis brace, they even countersunk the screw for that flush look. This beats the double stick tape method

View attachment 206160
How’s that for cable management?

Just waiting on my new gears so I can set the mesh and permanently mount the motor. I definitely didn’t forget something when I put the truck back together, nope not at all. Let’s see who can find the problem lol
Looking good man👍
Any plans to shorten the motor leads?
How about the rear tower brace?

Motor leads will stay I have room to tuck them, rear brace will go in after I get my gears and set the mesh
The brace was MY guess at what you didn't forget.. lookin good! Makes me wanna mod my X.. I have to keep talking myself back down!! HaHa.. I've been told by several people here as well as YT to leave it as stock as possible for longevity sake..
I know I should leave it alone for my wallets sake🤣🤣 I've been down this road a time or two👍🍻

The brace was MY guess at what you didn't forget.. lookin good! Makes me wanna mod my X.. I have to keep talking myself back down!! HaHa.. I've been told by several people here as well as YT to leave it as stock as possible for longevity sake..
I know I should leave it alone for my wallets sake🤣🤣 I've been down this road a time or two👍🍻
Modding is crazy expensive, I like to throw the best parts in and it becomes slightly addicting. A stock xmaxx with upgraded hubs/bearings and a Max6 is a really good rig for all out fun. I’m at the point where I might just build a 2nd xmaxx for driving and to shelf this custom build 😬

And the part I definitely didn’t forget…. Is the driveshaft 🤣
D4B01863-4FB4-49FF-A0E7-4C55D2291E27.jpeg

AE04D6D6-B365-40D7-8C17-37ABD66A1A42.jpeg

10mm extended hexes installed

E53ADF12-30BF-458B-9BE7-BBA3A400DE0E.jpeg

More m2c stuff

Last edited:
Modding is crazy expensive, I like to throw the best parts in and it becomes slightly addicting. A stock xmaxx with upgraded hubs/bearings and a Max6 is a really good rig for all out fun. I’m at the point where I might just build a 2nd xmaxx for driving and to shelf this custom build 😬

And the part I definitely didn’t forget…. Is the driveshaft 🤣
View attachment 206389
View attachment 206390
10mm extended hexes installed

View attachment 206391
More m2c stuff
Driveshaft!? What do you need that for? HaHa! Shelf queen don't need no driveshaft 🤣🤣
But seriously, it's pretty badazz man😎
As a side note, those PIA hub retainer springs got deleted from my X last time I had it apart..I'm saving weight bruh👌🤣🤣

Driveshaft!? What do you need that for? HaHa! Shelf queen don't need no driveshaft 🤣🤣
But seriously, it's pretty badazz man😎
As a side note, those PIA hub retainer springs got deleted from my X last time I had it apart..I'm saving weight bruh👌🤣🤣
That’s some dedication lol Every gram matters

That’s some dedication lol Every gram matters
I really just didn't want to put them back on.. I've actually added way more with my body reinforcements!!🤣🤣 I went totally overboard. 1/8" lexan on top and under the bed of the truck body..it's ridiculous 🤣

20220314_185522.jpg

20220313_140108.jpg

First tail landing, I can see the destruction already🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back