Mojave Digitaldude80's Mojave EXB build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are the same, my photo is a bit dark... part numbers from the exploded view:

View attachment 105825
Gunmetal is the same as the RTR option wheel. Gunmetal has been on B/O for like a year. Good luck finding them when you need to replace them. You may even struggle to get the red or greens. I did. I was lucky enough to get an extra gunmetal set from RCTruth. How he got them I will never know. There was some rumor that the Gunmetal wheels don't have rounding out issues. I don't believe that. What's the difference, grey Color makes it stronger??? Not. I also noticed the side battery velcro strap will rub the spur. Bad design. Gets chewed up easily. Should be a shroud in that area to protect. Just my observations.:cool:
I used diff shims to take out the slop of these RTR axle hexes, behind the outer wheel bearings and keep the wheels from rubbing the hubs. But I do that to all my 6S rigs anyway. That works. Never lost a wheel. Have updated to the M2C single nut hexes though. But never felt the need.

Edit: I shifted the battery tray to a second chassis location ( most holes are there for the change out) to keep the Velcro from hitting the spur. But the transfer to the rear altered the chassis weight bias too much IMO. I put it back stock. That velcro location has to change for sure. To Left or Right of the spur.

Last edited:
How did you mount the light bar?
With two zip-ties, one on eatch side, through the mounting hardware and a bar of the rollcage
(Had to disassemble the rollcage to get good access)
20201119_125247.jpg

How did you figure out where to drill the holes? Did you use self tapping screws?
Made a template using paper and a pencil from the bottom holes on the esc.
Then I measured/checked the position of the esc to make sure it would fit
After that I used the template to make the holes in the esc plate and I used the 'standard' screws to bolt the esc on the esc plate.
I also checked the depth of the holes in the esc, to make sure the screws weren't going to deep. I think I used some rings because the screws were a bit too long and one hole was a bit off, so I had to make it wider...

I think I used AR721308 as screws

If it helps I cam take a picture tomorrow, since it's already a bit disassembled for cleaning

Made a template using paper and a pencil from the bottom holes on the esc.
Then I measured/checked the position of the esc to make sure it would fit
After that I used the template to make the holes in the esc plate and I used the 'standard' screws to bolt the esc on the esc plate.
I also checked the depth of the holes in the esc, to make sure the screws weren't going to deep. I think I used some rings because the screws were a bit too long and one hole was a bit off, so I had to make it wider...

I think I used AR721308 as screws

If it helps I cam take a picture tomorrow, since it's already a bit disassembled for cleaning
No worries, no need, I went ahead and ordered a m2c plate. ?

Last edited:
I've ran the car a couple of times and I like it, a lot! 😁😃
Only thing is that after I drive my Outcast6S I have to remind myself to make less sharp turns, since the Mojave will tip over much sooner....

I'm thinking of replacing the wheelhexes with Outcast6S wheelhexes, to make it a bit wider amd a bit less 'tippy' (don't know for sure if that's the correct word). At least I'm going to try and check if that fits without rubbing the body 😀 => edit: that doesn't fit, holes don't line up. Maybe I have some other Outcast6S parts laying around... have to look further into this

In the meanwhile I also added a lightbar in the rear bumper, pics:
20210122_172501.jpg

20210122_172450.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to change the diff fluid of the center diff to 200k and placed the battery tray to the original position.

To prevent the spur from touching the battery strap I used some lexan from a Stampede body, the wheel arch make a perfect fit: (still some trimming needs to be done)
20210124_164400.jpg

I decided to change the diff fluid of the center diff to 200k and placed the battery tray to the original position.

To prevent the spur from touching the battery strap I used some lexan from a Stampede body, the wheel arch make a perfect fit: (still some trimming needs to be done)
Which pinion have you settled on 20t or 22t....just installed the max6 combo on my mojave...was in my Kraton exb...but too much torque...so placed in the mojave. Have 20t on now ....but curious on 22t performance.

Which pinion have you settled on 20t or 22t....just installed the max6 combo on my mojave...was in my Kraton exb...but too much torque...so placed in the mojave. Have 20t on now ....but curious on 22t performance.

I'm constantly switching between 20t and 22t

Last run I was just bashing onroad on a parking lot.
On that run I had the 22t pinion on it, and it felt really fast. Really had problems to put the power down, lots of tranction and lots of wheelies. Due to the size of the parking lot the car didn't reach max speed. When I adjusted throttle on the transmitter to 70% the car ran quite the same....
video of two passes (sorry for the quality, blame Whatsapp, lol):

I just fitted the 20t and changed enter diff from 100k to 200k.
Maybe next time I'll bring the 22t with me, to change it to see differences under the same circumstances... (maybe also measuring top speed with my GPS module)

Just returned from a run on loose sand (construction site)
With the 20t @ 6S pinion I measured a top speed of 55km/h, for me plenty of speed given the circumstances.

When turning the throttle down to 70% I didn't notice much difference, so I guess this surface has a big influence on reaching top speed.....

Next run will be on a different underground, or I'll change the pinion to see if that makes any difference.

Hi there!

I've got a feeling a new release is near.... so I'll start my build thread by listing the parts I'm going to be using for the Mojave EXB
The Mojave EXB roller is the only component I haven't ordered yet, lol :D

1. Mojave EXB - Received
2. Leopard WP-BL-160A ESC - Installed
3. Hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor - Installed
4. YeahRacing heatsink with 2 hudy fans
5. Savox SW-1210SG servo - Installed
6. Sanwa RX-481WP receiver - Installed
7. Scorched RC Mojave inner fenders - Installed
8. Bearings for the steering - Installed
9. 800cps shock oil - Installed

edit: added no. 8
edit2: added no. 9
edit3: changed motor
Could you link me where to get the scorched RC Mojave fenders? I’ve been having a hard time trying to find them today. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back