Limitless Dual Motor Limitless tp motors scorched full length chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys, since the hobao builds are holding up great. Maintenance has been to a minimum with them,
Today I checked bearings on the 6-8s hobao build and they are all worn in perfectly and don’t need changing,
I decided to clear the work table and start break down of the dual motor build.

With the last 3 8s passes on it the other week I think I’m going to move this car to 4-6s runs from here on out.
It was really fun pushing the 4-6s numbers and want to continue that.
160+ on 4s will be the goal and 175+ On 6s will be the goals to hit.

I had the one motor bullets desoldered on me and one soldered itself into the esc cup,
I believe from me locking the brakes when the car was spinning, totally my fault.

41AAAC79-D549-453E-A449-61E296AA954E.jpeg

I had to twist the cup off the esc board then resolder the cup to the board.
I don’t really have a great way to test this solder repair as I’ve never had to do the motor cups on the esc board. So I’ll let it test when I run the car again.
At least if one esc fails I have a second one in the car to control

9C1B5D72-6E1F-40CA-9485-C3C1C31E43D3.jpeg

New bullets on the motor.

1640206B-FB17-4D98-B15F-75E6043E85C2.jpeg

When I reached out to Arthur from Vitavon to let him know what speeds I reached with his bulkheads he was incredibly happy.
Unfortunately the one input bearings that failed destroyed the front bulkhead.

This was 100% because prior to the third run just after do a 191 mph pass I didn’t check the bearings and just send it for a third 190+ pass.

He gave me a great deal on two more bulkheads so I had a spare to reduce downtime.
85869276-C20D-4852-996E-A4AD94386422.jpeg

Typically I stay organized but I just spent the last hour trying to find the two input gears I bought a couple weeks ago. So frustrated I misplaced them. And of course I’ll find them at some point but tomorrow I head to the hobby shop to get a couple more

Finishing up the front end today on this car,
New diff gears and bearings,
Spent about two hours tweaking the front end to get the steering fixed,
It had the smallest bit of binding which will put extra strain on the servo and sometimes cause it not to recenter.
One thing I make sure is perfect is steering.
B1A53EF7-97AA-4E13-9ED5-DC6D3A2033C4.jpeg

Also with my last order of parts I did grab a scorched shaft to try,
D08F2AB7-E8BC-4514-8710-1C8C5BEAD5F4.jpeg

717881DD-F2D8-4076-BD2B-0FF477AAAEDC.jpeg

Waiting on a couple gears to update the gearing and the dual limitless is officially reassembled and ready to run,

The plan was not to touch this until winter but, after the last run where I spun out and tagged the curb, I had to repair one esc and resolder motor bullets, I want to make sure the car will run as it should, I’ll likely do a 4s hit with it before the season ends.
Going to use the HV packs and jump up 2 teeth on the pinions from the 153mph pass, hopefully I can get near 160 on 4s.

View attachment 254801
Waiting on a couple gears to update the gearing and the dual limitless is officially reassembled and ready to run,

The plan was not to touch this until winter but, after the last run where I spun out and tagged the curb, I had to repair one esc and resolder motor bullets, I want to make sure the car will run as it should, I’ll likely do a 4s hit with it before the season ends.
Going to use the HV packs and jump up 2 teeth on the pinions from the 153mph pass, hopefully I can get near 160 on 4s.
Those GPM arms held up I guess. Mine have been fine after a couple crashes. Kinda surprised.

Those GPM arms held up I guess. Mine have been fine after a couple crashes. Kinda surprised.
Yea, lost one of the nylon inserts on one, after my first crash,
So I just added a nylon washer and glued inside the arm to keep it from being loose.
They haven’t bent or anything,
I’ve measured them to make sure everything is even side to side

View attachment 254801

Looks like your right rear turnbuckle is upside down

I really like to zoom in on people's builds to get the finer details, which yours definitely have in spades!!🥰
Funny thing is I’ve ran all my 4-6s passes and my last two 191 passes with it like that, the alignment was set with it flipped. I just had to readjust camber after setting it properly

View attachment 254801

There's a lot of TP on the shelf there!!! LOL

I admit I may have a motor problem. First step is admitting it , second step is probably going to be buying more lol
It's a nice collection for sure...but I think you're still sane. Tony Ingalls, on the other hand...may have a problem. When I commented about them his reply was, "You don't even want to know how many I've blown up...".
1667822420798.png

got a few runs in on this car today on 4 and 6s to see try and dial it back in before the end of the season.
Steering will need some work as I had to set the adjustments a little too far for my liking.
But it was good to get a few runs,

Actually snagged a new 6s pb too at 167mph
Solid day I would say,

Runs were 4s 152, 149 same charge
6s 167 85% throttle
6s run was overgeared so I set the throttle down some to account for it

88E66CB8-DFB8-4057-9AD6-A29DAA21D575.png

It's a nice collection for sure...but I think you're still sane. Tony Ingalls, on the other hand...may have a problem. When I commented about them his reply was, "You don't even want to know how many I've blown up...".
View attachment 254928
What the hell is that chad motor in the top?!?! That thing has gotta be like 70mm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back