Finally pulled the trigger on an xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really not a 5th scale guy, but if I were to get one, probably be the Xmaxx, sorry OC8S and K8S, you're not a MT!

No large scale MT,s got Plastic Chassie either :finger:

Nothing Personal.

Traxxas is very old and Boring i think.

1- Very Old Cars, First X-MAXX came out 4-5 years ago already?
2- Plastic chassie I HATE THIS. TOY Looking.
3- Ugly
4- No attitude
5- Not the best handling, they roll over easy

1/5 Kraton , handle better.
You only need stronger Chassie. This is the only important option you really need badly if you like Hard Bashing and sending to your new 8S Kraton..

Outcast 8s is the best looking of them all. This got alot Hardcore attitude and very nice body-paint.
Only issue is the wheelbase is too short. Alot wheelies is nothing i like mainly. I want handling.
Kevin Talbot have M2C chassie to his 8s Outcast,
Cool thing with this chassie is , it is about half inch longer than stock You can see him Measure that in his Youtube Video..
I believe he will be happy after he mounted the M2C Chassie he got, Handling will be better. Maybe less wheelies ?
I love Outcast 8s looks and the attitude, if Kev Talbot likes the new chassie
then maybe i buy Outcast 8s next year, and that same chassie Talbot got and what he will install soon

Offcourse i am Arrma Fan :)
No more Plastic Traxxas cars for me ever.
Poor Traxxas designers. Lazy ones.
They really need start work with new models ?
TRX must do all new chassies in aluminium very soon.
They really need stop make Plastic Toy Grade Looking cars Pronto .
Traxxas are too lazy, nothing new cool have come from them. ,
only Boring ugly old style plastic cars all of them :( So depressing.

I feel very depressed and Tired these days now right after i see one X MAXX without Body. ? That Ugly Plastic Chassie is so wrong 2020-2021
This got me Almost Angry too. Haha

Arrma got the right style , they push out great looking fresh Cars.

I only wish Arrma will do better and more professional Dampers soon to all Rigs.
Re design, dampers with bleeder screws and better ones, More Racing handling Please Arrma.

Arrma need start make better chassies NOW to their Large Scale Cars.
5mm 7075 chassies , nothing less than this PLEASE Arrma !
I actually believe they will start produce V2 Outcast and Kratons very soon , and the Major change will be 5mm 7075 chassies to them all
Arrma need do this NOW if they want to live up to ARRMA MADE TOUGH text they put everywhere !

X-MAXX is good and fun Car i know.
They are fun drive, and durable
I believe Topic starter will be happy and have alot fun. If you don't mind it is totally plastic
Maybe Hex, hub extenders 10mm-12mm each side make this very stable ? And more fun ? Stock they roll over to easy

Nothing Personal.

3- Ugly
4- No attitude

You only need stronger Chassie. This is the only important option you really need badly if you like Hard Bashing and sending to your new 8S Kraton..

Outcast 8s is the best looking of them all. This got alot Hardcore attitude and very nice body-paint.
Only issue is the wheelbase is too short. Alot wheelies is nothing i like mainly. I want handling.
Cool thing with this chassie is , it is about half inch longer than stock You can see him Measure that in his Youtube Video..
I believe he will be happy after he mounted the M2C Chassie he got, Handling will be better. Maybe less wheelies ?
then maybe i buy Outcast 8s next year, and that same chassie Talbot got and what he will install soon

I feel very depressed and Tired these days now right after i see one X MAXX without Body. ? That Ugly Plastic Chassie is so wrong 2020-2021

I only wish Arrma will do better and more professional Dampers soon to all Rigs.
Re design, dampers with bleeder screws and better ones, More Racing handling Please Arrma.

I actually believe they will start produce V2 Outcast and Kratons very soon , and the Major change will be 5mm 7075 chassies to them all
Arrma need do this NOW if they want to live up to ARRMA MADE TOUGH text they put everywhere !

I believe Topic starter will be happy and have alot fun. If you don't mind it is totally plastic
Maybe Hex, hub extenders 10mm-12mm each side make this very stable ? And more fun ? Stock they roll over to easy
That sure was a mouth full lol.
Hope you feel better now since you got all that off your chest. ?

Nothing Personal.

3- Ugly
4- No attitude

This cracked me up and I see your points. My goal was to get an 8s vehicle by the end of the year that is durable and big. I narrowed it down to the xmaxx, kraton 8s, outcast 8s, and the new losi sbr 2.0. The reason I went the xmaxx route was it seems like it can take the most abuse to me. From what I’ve seen and heard, the arrmas need quite a bit of upgrading to be a reliable basher. The sbr 2.0 just didn’t fit the environment around me. My logic is well the arrma is mostly a 30lb metal vehicle flying through the air and if it lands wrong then it’s over. With the xmaxx my thought was it’s a 20ish lb rig with plastic and plastic bracing with an all metal driveline and if it had a bad landing, the plastic would bend and flex back into shape. I don’t think I would call that lazy engineering on traxxas’ part, I consider it smart on a big heavy rig. Now m2c’d out arrma 8s vehicles not only become heavier from the 7075 aluminum, but you have to down A LOT of money into it. If I had the money I would’ve gotten a kraton 8s with all m2c but I’m also on a budget.

LOL , the plastic chassis IS probably what makes the Xmaxx so tough !!!!! I am an Arrma guy , but bottom line is the Xmaxx is a more user friendly / durable out of the box large scale rc for the newbie rc guy . From its ease of battery install , to the great amount of run time you get with it ( I get about 45 minutes ! ) . When I crash any of my large scale rc's , the one I worry the least about breaking is the Xmaxx . When my K8S goes tumbling I cringe , like O.K , did something break ? Last December when I got my K8S ( I got the first version that hit the shelves ) , I was not impressed at its speed , then off my ramp ( like one says ) maybe 4 feet high , bad landing , broke a rear arm !!!! I was like WTF ? Now , 23t speed pinion in it came alive , def faster than my Xmaxx , handles better , jumps farther and higher , but get 22-24 minutes run , still bad landing , good chance of breaking . Do I love my K8S , absolutely !!!!!
Got the SBR 2.0 now to , fun truck , but more driver skill needed to keep from rolling over . Total different driving characteristic . IMO , not a truck to buy if you are the " send it " type .
One important thing to get immediately for the Xmaxx ( very inexpensive ) is the RPM body saver plastic washers / brace kit !!!! You will be ripping the screws thru the body very fast if you're crashing !!!!

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-xm...rm=4585513247924715&utm_content=Cars & Trucks

X Maxx is light weight, this makes the car more fun and easy jump than others.

My biggest issue with X-Maxx is that high price tag.
Car is 5 years old.
Price have not drop anything.
This is the main reason why i don't buy one X- Maxx
Price go up. Well they have stronger Combo today.
Anyways they are behind in time.
Price must down atleast 200 before i buy this Fantastic Plastic Car.

I will wait Arrma to make 5mm 7075 chassie in their Large Scale stock. Believe they will next year.

My dream is Arrma will start sell EXB large scale rollers with 5mm 7075 chassie.
Next year ?
Please Arrma do it

One more important thing.

Plastic needs to be fresh and new.

Once you start pushing it, and expose this to Sun and other things.
You have fail after couple years.

You need new chassie after 2-3 years

The best thing with metal chassie is that you can drive it.
Let it rest 10 years if you get bored.
You only need replace hubs, a arms, and you are ready to go.
In case of X-MAXX you need everything new. Chassies also .

I did alot old Tamiya Restorations before.
Now i have stop them.
Plastics chassies crack easy when they are old.

Metall last 4 ever if you don't do sick sendings.
If you like sick sendings, then X MAXX don't do it either.
Seen Kevin Talbot break alot X MAXX plastic chassies when he does his sick sendings.

Only thing that is tough , is M2C fat alu chassies.
Good luck bend them.
You can have them 20years or more.

Say no to Plastics now if you are HARDCORE BASHER !

Congrats ! They are a lot of fun !! ??

Indeed

Platic cars is fun. Like Old Tamiyas. Try Lunch Box.
The flexing and everything is fun.
Same with X-MAXX
Happiness maximum when you drive these.

If you need go Hardcore, Send big time, and other things.
Then you want better rigs.

Kraton 8s with M2C Chassie will make X-MAXX cry alot , if you are hardcore basher.

Only for fun , x-maxx is good choice if you get brand new 800us .
Why pay more for very old cars ?

Went to Hobby works in Laurel, MD earlier today. In their window, they have an xmaxx, outcast 8s, dbxle, and sbr 2.0.
I was surprised by how massive the o8s and sbr2.0 are in person, but had to pull the trigger on the xmaxx.

View attachment 113749
Yes sir ?your gonna your gonna love it, I know I do!

20201211_160107.jpg

Couple more and with my mt410

Attachments

• 20201211_160042.jpg
    20201211_160042.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20201211_160034.jpg
    20201211_160034.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20201210_205355.jpg
    20201210_205355.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I enjoy my xmaxx but mostly for the fact that it rarely gets stuck in ruts. It can be downright scary seeing it coming in your direction cartwheeling .
When I get it out of the garage the kids all get excited and cheer. It's only a 6s but I've put 8s gears and tires on it for when I upgrade it.
Bought it used and it was my first proper rc.

Now I think we're up to 10 cars or something. But mostly arrma just for reliability and smiles for the kids.

Here you got one cool video

X-MAXX and Kraton 8s.
Both with upgrades and hardcore drivers-bashers

Nice cars and driving :)

I will stay with 6s Rigs.
They are alot more Alert and fun

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back