Finally pulled the trigger on an xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Went to Hobby works in Laurel, MD earlier today. In their window, they have an xmaxx, outcast 8s, dbxle, and sbr 2.0.
I was surprised by how massive the o8s and sbr2.0 are in person, but had to pull the trigger on the xmaxx.

42E81FF3-E72E-4321-9F01-2D5889FD00B6.jpeg

Let me know when you need more power I can get you the best of the best
We shall see about that. Lol. I know you have a lot of experience with the xmaxx. Is getting a max 6 esc and gearing up with the stock motor ok?
Sweet, dig the Xmaxx, wouldn't mine owning one myself. ?
I’ve heard nothing but good things about them.??

We shall see about that. Lol. I know you have a lot of experience with the xmaxx. Is getting a max 6 esc and gearing up with the stock motor ok?

Yes it’ll be ok I’d get a 50t gds spur and a assortment of pinions from 16t to 23t
Then when you are ready contact wfo rc as lovestricken said
and also I suggest getting an unbreakable body once the stock one is worn out. Wfo sells them ready to go all cut out and the rollcage mounted

Congrats ! You are right about the SBR 2.0 , I have one and in my vids it doesn't do it justice as to how big ( and heavy LOL ) it is (need a Mojave running next to it , then you'd see ) . I have an Xmaxx , and although I am mostly toward Arrma vehicles , you can't knock the Xmaxx , In the 3 years of owning it , only broken front bumper / body trashed / and lost a rear bearing . Stock electronics and batteries still performing 100% !! NTM , it is bar none the longest running time out of any I have or had !!! On the 6700 mah Trx batts , I get about 45 min of run time !!! You are going to love it , just my opinion leave stock and have fun !!!

Great rig actually. Great choice. https://wforccustoms.com/
Your welcome lol
Are the mod 1.5 gears necessary or are the upgraded mod 1 gears ok?
Congrats ! You are right about the SBR 2.0 , I have one and in my vids it doesn't do it justice as to how big ( and heavy LOL ) it is (need a Mojave running next to it , then you'd see ) . I have an Xmaxx , and although I am mostly toward Arrma vehicles , you can't knock the Xmaxx , In the 3 years of owning it , only broken front bumper / body trashed / and lost a rear bearing . Stock electronics and batteries still performing 100% !! NTM , it is bar none the longest running time out of any I have or had !!! On the 6700 mah Trx batts , I get about 45 min of run time !!! You are going to love it , just my opinion leave stock and have fun !!!
I ended up getting socokin 4s 6500mah batteries. But yeah I’ve always leaned towards arrma but for the 8s rigs, they seem like they need to be upgraded to much in order for them to be a good basher.

Are the mod 1.5 gears necessary or are the upgraded mod 1 gears ok?

I ended up getting socokin 4s 6500mah batteries. But yeah I’ve always leaned towards arrma but for the 8s rigs, they seem like they need to be upgraded to much in order for them to be a good basher.
Mod 1.5 is not worth it until you get a 56mm can motor with an 8mm shaft

Went to Hobby works in Laurel, MD earlier today. In their window, they have an xmaxx, outcast 8s, dbxle, and sbr 2.0.
I was surprised by how massive the o8s and sbr2.0 are in person, but had to pull the trigger on the xmaxx.

Any of those would have been a great choice. I have the X and the DBXLE. Congrats!

I haven't been to HW in forever!

Any of those would have been a great choice. I have the X and the DBXLE. Congrats!

I haven't been to HW in forever!
They’re only letting 8 people in at a time right now but they are stocked on parts and all vehicles.
I'm really not a 5th scale guy, but if I were to get one, probably be the Xmaxx, sorry OC8S and K8S, you're not a MT!
If I didn’t know that the arrma 8s line up needed some serious mods do be a reliable basher, I would’ve probably gotten the outcast 8s. Seeing the outcast in person was pretty awesome, A LOT bigger in person than on camera.

View attachment 113749
It's a very good truck. I have two big block ones and one stock one. Yes I have 3. Enjoy that beast.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about them.??
Max 6 and 20/50 gearing would be the sweet spot. Be careful with those stock tires though at that gearing. Do not do self riding with that gearing if you keep the stock tires. Reglue them too before using them. If you run on wet surface, the usual, tape and vent them ?

They’re only letting 8 people in at a time right now but they are stocked on parts and all vehicles.

If I didn’t know that the arrma 8s line up needed some serious mods do be a reliable basher, I would’ve probably gotten the outcast 8s. Seeing the outcast in person was pretty awesome, A LOT bigger in person than on camera.
I put an XLX2 AND 1100KV motor 35/47 gearing, M2C threaded caps for the pillow balls, PPS motor mount and that's about all I've done to my Outcast 8s. I jump it about 15ft into the air. Very durable ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back