Granite First time cleaning after bashing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacX3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
What's the easiest way to clean my RCs, they are really dusty? I saw some mix reviews about using a silicone type like wd40 to spray. Can I use one called super tech spray lubricant? What can I use on the diffs? Most of the dirt is on the front and back of the diffs casing. Any suggestions is welcome, bearings, diffs, shocks, etc. Thank you!

What's the easiest way to clean my RCs, they are really dusty? I saw some mix reviews about using a silicone type like wd40 to spray. Can I use one called super tech spray lubricant? What can I use on the diffs? Most of the dirt is on the front and back of the diffs casing. Any suggestions is welcome, bearings, diffs, shocks, etc. Thank you!
I use cheap chip brushes from Harbor Freight. They are on the bottom shelf in the the paint brush section. 1,2 3" wide. I do it after every run and usually before I put them in my car. I also look for damage, leaks, loose screws ect during this process. Paint brushes do not last too long. I also keep a can of air to blow off the components inside the chassis as well. I do not have a air compressor at home.

spray it with simple green, get a sponge or a brush and brush it, use tooth brush to get in small spaces, once all down with simple green hose it down, then put some Windex on the body to make it look shiny, then let it dry. do not hose it down before using simple green (just grab the car And spar and brush it with simple green). ask if ya need more tips:) Also it may be a good idea to tape up the esc connector. not sure it will hurt the esc tho.

Simple green for what you can wipe, fine paint brushes for hard to reach areas, compressed air for the rest (I usually don't bother with this). WD-40 to make the body super shiny. I don't spray my cars with water. I found it made dust into mud, ran the oil out of bearings, and the risk of water with electronics and all that.

Good post here...as a newbie in 2000 I used water.... I do not use mater anymore even with air compressor water gets in areas I cannot dry out once I opened my Infraction diff and other tight areas I found rust. I found drowning it in Simple Green and cleaning it as others said with brushes, etc gives me a good clean and SC1 spray at the end.

Each person will be different I advise watching a lot of videos and make a decision. There is a time I will use water...if I run it in mud or a very dirty area...but before I do I already have in mind it will be a complete teardown...most cases I pass on those bashes due to the cleaning work required.

One example of no water close to how I do it:

An air compressor or canned air. A nice medium brush. Bearing grease/lube for bearings. Alit of folks soak in wd-40 then wipe dry to help more flexion and not to brittle. NOT ON BEARINGS. Anything from white lithium grease to red n tacky plus all the diff ones I seen posted about for your diffs. 10-30k fluids. I use tooth brush also for stuck hard to reach areas

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back