How to store a LiPo battery

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
I found this video from the Rajucam guy testing the Bat-Safe. Not sure why he stuck a 16,000mah 6s lipo in there though...............
OMG!

That end of the video is a total facepalm... "Not suitable for batteries over the allowed rating." Really? You don't say?! It's almost like they had an "allowed rating" there for a reason or something.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Typhon
I thought the manual says max 10000mAh.
Offcourse everything has it's limits but this is the safest way of charging lipo's i could find.
Also have temp sensors from the charger into the box. I just won't wait for this:

That one dude was not putting down that sandwich.

OMG!

That end of the video is a total facepalm... "Not suitable for batteries over the allowed rating." Really? You don't say?! It's almost like they had an "allowed rating" there for a reason or something.
He must have done that to show what can happen if using a battery that is larger than what the box was designed for.

JvG

Everything is relative
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Kraton, Typhon
That one dude was not putting down that sandwich.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y) Must have been a good sandwich
OMG!

As i said everything has it's limits. Putting a nuke in an ammo box won't help either ;)

OlliR53

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton
Where do you charge and store your batteries? Garage is a quite good place, also for me but what about low temperatures and frost damage? Any experiences?

TraverseCity420

Total Armma Fanboy
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Where do you charge and store your batteries? Garage is a quite good place, also for me but what about low temperatures and frost damage? Any experiences?
Its not advised to store them / charge them in super cold temps, I personally charge inside but I don't leave the same room there in until there done charging, If I do gotta go I unplug them from the charger.

Lipo bags to reduce chances of my house catching fire and a window nearby I can toss the whole shebang out case it does catch fire.

but yeah cold temps tend to drain batterys.

blackgoat04

Arrma RC's
Granite
Interesting. That's the first time I've heard about these. Why do you believe these are the best solution?

@paulybatz - I would recommend going to your local Army surplus store (if you have one) and pick up a used metal ammo box. These can usually be bought from a surplus store for around $10.

If you don't have an Army surplus store you can get them online.

I would then drill 2-3 small holes into the top and sides of the box. For charging, I would also recommend getting a large LiPo bag.

Together, this would keep you and your batteries protected while they are being stored and while they are being charged. With much less fear of burning your house, garage, or shed down.
or your wife's she-shed!!! Never hear the end of that one

I'm new to Lipo's and use lipo bags along with an ammo can....just in case. As I stated in another forum, I also store my lipo's in the iron wood burning stove when we aren't using it.