Notorious I have some work to do....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iv been there lol I threw mine across the yard I got so pissed lol
That was the first time I ever had to destroy a diff cup in order to get the gear out. I've had ones that have given me a hard time, but I've always gotten them out. This one was just fused in there.

So is it the pin breaking that is tearing up the gears? Stronger pins would be easy....

Put rpm mud guards on - the t-bone guard holes don’t match up to the rpm arms.

EDC98334-79C3-4B39-8CB3-A86DFEC803B2.jpeg

New servo. Time to put a battery in and set steering.

4BA0325D-4461-413A-A7C0-DC8694955F43.jpeg

My dog says hi-

281E87D5-671D-4A23-8FD8-0BEF9951D3B5.jpeg

Wow, just an off the ground air setup and test- the difference from this servo, even on stock voltage is noticeable. Can’t wait to drive it.

Can only imagine what upping the voltage would do.

Wow, just an off the ground air setup and test- the difference from this servo, even on stock voltage is noticeable. Can’t wait to drive it.

Can only imagine what upping the voltage would do.
just destroyed my factory servo today she wont turn either way what servo is that I gotta get one that's supper stronge idc what it cost
just destroyed my factory servo today she wont turn either way what servo is that I gotta get one that's supper stronge idc what it cost
zoomed in I see it in the picture

Last edited:
So got her all back together and ran it around my yard today. Happy to say nothing broke.

That being said, I was cruising along and the car stopped. I am aware of what lvc is so I walked over and picked it up. Turned the wheel and it still steered both ways.

I went into the garage and pulled the battery and went to put it on the charger for storage as it was getting dark.

All the cells were about 7.2-7.3 if I remember correctly.

Even with voltage sag that should still be nowhere near lvc kicking in, no?

Did I overheat it and it shut down from that?

I was thinking it wasn’t a long run time- SMC 6S 7400mah

WTF!!

My wife said she wanted to go walk the dog at the park. I went along and brought the truck w/ 2 battery packs.

Got out of the car, put on the body and drove slowly maybe 40-50 feet out where she had walked with the dog while I was getting the car out of the trunk.

Went towards them slowly to not scare the dog- turned around, acel slowly away for about 10 feet and then hit a wheelie nice and smooth- went only about 15 feet before I saw a front tire rip apart and white foam.

This was not a full throttle agressIve wheelie. This was part throttle just warming up!!

WTF!!

Flat soccer field, groomed grass.

3rd f-in tire I’ve had fail in probably 1.5-2 hours total run time on this truck since new. What gives?

I will NOT buy another one of these tires- already bought 2 off Amazon out of my own pocket.

Are the new V4 Kraton tires any more durable?

I am really close to throwing this truck into a dumpster and walking away.

B05620DF-A526-4FDB-9FD0-425040260DB6.jpeg

WTF!!

My wife said she wanted to go walk the dog at the park. I went along and brought the truck w/ 2 battery packs.

Got out of the car, put on the body and drove slowly maybe 40-50 feet out where she had walked with the dog while I was getting the car out of the trunk.

Went towards them slowly to not scare the dog- turned around, acel slowly away for about 10 feet and then hit a wheelie nice and smooth- went only about 15 feet before I saw a front tire rip apart and white foam.

This was not a full throttle agressIve wheelie. This was part throttle just warming up!!

WTF!!

3rd f-in tire I’ve had fail in probably 1.5-2 hours total run time on this truck since new. What gives?

I will NOT buy another one of these tires- already bought 2 off Amazon out of my own pocket.

View attachment 37355

And I thought you were going to say , into a nice big fresh pile of Doggy Poo. Would have definitely been dumpster material after that.

WTF!!

WTF!!

View attachment 37355
What weight center diff fluid are you running. Just curious.

500 center- if anything that should slow down the front spinning.

Both times it tore completely off the rim it was the right front.

WTF!!

WTF!!

View attachment 37355
Some would say you have bad luck, I say you need an exorcism. I'm stupid bad with my Noto, and I break sh!t that's just cause of my stupidity. I can honestly say that nothing has "just" gone wrong like it seems to be happening to you. Don't chuck it, you've done so much good work to it. It just needs to learn how to walk before it can run. When it starts to run, it will make you proud.

500 center- if anything that should slow down the front spinning.

Both times it tore completely off the rim it was the right front.
iv had two of my backflips do that idk if I ran over something or what but coming loose from the rim is one thing but a brand new hardly used tires wouldn't RIP apart like like that...I vent my tires and I like to say I make a pretty clean hole ... I use a small piece of brass tubing but I have to say since iv been venting my tires that way I have had it RIP apart where the hole is it only happened one time and cant say it started at the hole I cant be positive I just know the hole was in the RIP like along the line of it .... with that being said do you vent the tires or just leave it factory .... venting the tires also helps with ballooning don't know how or why it works but it is a noticeable difference and iv started using gorilla tape on the inside also helps alot sometimes the tape works for a long time but I have had it break loose pretty fast like second run I think it was just my lack of experience with the tape but as I got better at it Iv been able to just about eat threw my tires before having any issues.... with 6s power and up I honestly don't understand why companies aren't trying to come out with more belted or none ballooning tires I'd pay that extra dollar just to know they wont look like pizza cutters from 50 to 60 mph
iv had two of my backflips do that idk if I ran over something or what but coming loose from the rim is one thing but a brand new hardly used tires wouldn't RIP apart like like that...I vent my tires and I like to say I make a pretty clean hole ... I use a small piece of brass tubing but I have to say since iv been venting my tires that way I have had it RIP apart where the hole is it only happened one time and cant say it started at the hole I cant be positive I just know the hole was in the RIP like along the line of it .... with that being said do you vent the tires or just leave it factory .... venting the tires also helps with ballooning don't know how or why it works but it is a noticeable difference and iv started using gorilla tape on the inside also helps alot sometimes the tape works for a long time but I have had it break loose pretty fast like second run I think it was just my lack of experience with the tape but as I got better at it Iv been able to just about eat threw my tires before having any issues.... with 6s power and up I honestly don't understand why companies aren't trying to come out with more belted or none ballooning tires I'd pay that extra dollar just to know they wont look like pizza cutters from 50 to 60 mph
although on your tire its seems like u didn't notice in time or it was honestly bad luck I guess it just ripped where the glue had a good bite the smallest tear on 6s on the bead it's over lol

Is there a specific warranty email for Arrma?

I already bought these new tires out of my pocket after the first failure- and I won't pay again. But if they can understand the extremely early failures and send me new ones, I will try to strap and glue them from some other threads & videos I've seen.

110% I think these failures are caused by the front wheels spinning fast, tire goes tall and skinny and pulls off the rim.

So yea- a better built (belted) tire should be standard given the power of these cars on 6S, especially with a heavy trigger finger.

I already bought these new tires out of my pocket after the first failure- and I won't pay again. But if they can understand the extremely early failures and send me new ones, I will try to strap and glue them from some other threads & videos I've seen.

110% I think these failures are caused by the front wheels spinning fast, tire goes tall and skinny and pulls off the rim.

So yea- a better built (belted) tire should be standard given the power of these cars on 6S, especially with a heavy trigger finger.
exactly show me a tire like the backflips that wont balloon I'll buy a couple sets idc what the price there is a serious market for them idk why no one has done it yet .... sad really

Go in the Horizon Hobby website and get the phone number in the service and warranty section. They offer a call back service for long waits. Tell them your problem, then ask them to email you, so you can email back a copy of your receipt. Two years warranty, and you should include a list of all the parts that have busted. They don't ask a lot of questions so be as descriptive of all the parts as you can. Don't email them direct. 5 messages from two different addresses that i sent, never made it through. They warranty everything.

Sorry, one other thing. Good idea to make a list with part numbers to email or tell them while on the phone.

Bought some Kevlar strong and glue. Let’s see if the tires hold together now.

Yanked the M2c chassis out and put it in my crashed Typhon. So bought a M2c kraton chasis and voltage brace- made her a little longer and hopefully more stable!!

Let’s see if I can make it through tomorrow without destroying both of them. ?

6429372E-6A39-4335-AA91-DF8BF598DD68.jpeg
AA198B5D-ED79-41DC-87B0-A7C1FEB4AF70.jpeg

Just read through this entire thread. All I can say is if I experienced what you have I would probably have quit the RC hobby or left 6S and went 2 to 4S and test those waters. Outside of crashing I'm curious to see how your typhon holds up in comparison.

I'm getting really good at taking them apart and back together now. :)

I'm going to try to remember to drive slow and less aggressive today.

I'm getting really good at taking them apart and back together now. :)

I'm going to try to remember to drive slow and less aggressive today.
I feel like you should be able to drive full on throttle on 6S and not destroy your vehicle without crashes of course. Arrma may have met it's match with your heavy trigger finger! Lol. Curious, have you tried running on 4S? I feel like you could enjoy that full on without the hardships? Also, have you considered stock pinion instead of speed pinion? Maybe dial down your throttle EPA a tad?

Bought some Kevlar strong and glue. Let’s see if the tires hold together now.

Yanked the M2c chassis out and put it in my crashed Typhon. So bought a M2c kraton chasis and voltage brace- made her a little longer and hopefully more stable!!

Let’s see if I can make it through tomorrow without destroying both of them. ?

View attachment 39427View attachment 39428

That's a really nice rc stand you have there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back