I think I finally found the cure to my rc overspending problem....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Laziness!!! šŸ˜†

I have so many things I need to do to my 2 rigs, both general maintenance and upgrade parts that have been sitting for at least a week or longer. I can hardly even think about new things I want to buy, too busy trying to talk myself into doing something with what I already have!

I think its the weather. Still way warmer than normal where I'm at and now there is an active wildfire on a mountainside outside of town that is making it smell like smoke outside. Went out today and had a rod end pop out on a crash about halfway through my first battery pack. Had all my tools, spares, etc and just looked at it and said screw it, I'm done for the day. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Haha, she might enjoy that. Right now, she simply says nothing until I've pushed it too far and she makes it clear its time for me to be happy with what I have, at least for 3-4 weeks. She works full time, I work part time right now so uh, yeah, I just nod and say "yes dear". :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking a shock collar would cure your over spending. Any time your wife saw a charge on the credit card for rc car parts or saw you messing with an rc...
Weird. I was was thinking picking up a crack habit might be cheaper. šŸ¤£

I'm sooo lucky to not have a spending problem.
My trick is that I don't have anything to spend.
So lucky I am!!!:rolleyes:
Should I laugh or cry?
laugh cry GIF

The first thing to address is how much are you contributing to your 401k/IRA?

Thatā€™s a far greater priority than a hobby.
Are you nuts? who needs a 401K? These things are going to be collectibles, and we are all going to be filthy rich! :ROFLMAO:

Well, actually not collectibles. Everyone needs a 401k or IRA if they plan to retire. Theyā€™ve been going for decades. I started my 401k and IRA back in my early 20ā€™s. I recently retired at the age of 52 never having to work again.

Time passes quickly. Best to be prepared unless you plan to work all your life. They work very well. They only need to be managed properly.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back