Infraction Infraction or Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebaby

Reaction score
Before the flaming starts, I've exhausted the google machine looking for this information. I'm a long time RC 1/10 touring car racer that is getting into larger trucks to have fun with my son who has discovered RC cars himself. Taking subjective looks out of the equation, and if tire replacement costs are not an issue (Felony different size tires won't allow for rotating). Why would someone buy the Infraction or the Felony over the other?

Regards,
mike baby

Before the flaming starts, I've exhausted the google machine looking for this information. I'm a long time RC 1/10 touring car racer that is getting into larger trucks to have fun with my son who has discovered RC cars himself. Taking subjective looks out of the equation, and if tire replacement costs are not an issue (Felony different size tires won't allow for rotating). Why would someone buy the Infraction or the Felony over the other?

Regards,
mike baby
Infraction. Sorry I like the truck body better than the muscle car & I'm an old muscle car freak. Boiling it down from there, no tire cost, but the different diff ratios, I'd just rather have same front & rear & ability to rotate tires & parts interchangeability. Plus, I just dig the Infraction truck body & roll bar. Both are cool looking rc's.

Infraction. Sorry I like the truck body better than the muscle car & I'm an old muscle car freak. Boiling it down from there, no tire cost, but the different diff ratios, I'd just rather have same front & rear & ability to rotate tires & parts interchangeability. Plus, I just dig the Infraction truck body & roll bar. Both are cool looking rc's.

+1

I've heard/read (but not personally experienced) that the Infraction is easier to slide/drift, and the Felony swings around too easily. I also believe I've read that the Felony body is more fragile due to its multi-piece design.

If tire cost and ability to rotate them fore/aft is no object as you mention, then I think it probably comes down to which one you think looks better.

Neither !

If I personally were going to do it all over again
I would start with a JBI or Schorched chassis
And build one up to your desired “driving style”

Having said that I went thru a helluva learning curve in my 1st on road car (Felony)
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have even one single arrma part on it now …

Just my very inexperienced opinion

Regards,
mike baby
Welcome!

Infraction was the first RC into this hobby. I love it to date. It was 2020, and the Felony came out maybe a year after. Don't hold me to the date. I sold it. I really, really tried to like it.

Yes, tires were a pain not to be able to swap and get more life with rotations as I can do with the Infraction.
What killed it for me...the rear end and how it is geared. That big ass just kept pinning out..go to drift and spin out 360. If you are a soft to medium basher...it's ok for them. I bash hard. I push my drifts at full power....space provided :)

Tire, gear diff fluid changes, etc., just could not get it to drift like the Infraction. If speed runs are your goal, ignore all I said about the spinouts.

Infraction wins for me
-look
-tires
-balanced well for drift bashing

Felony cost too much for a shelf queen, so I had to sell it :confused:

Best of luck (y)

Neither !

Having said that I went thru a helluva learning curve in my 1st on road car (Felony)
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have even one single arrma part on it now …

Just my very inexperienced opinion
I can't believe what I just seen you post!! 🤯

Welcome!

Infraction was the first RC into this hobby. I love it to date. It was 2020, and the Felony came out maybe a year after. Don't hold me to the date. I sold it. I really, really tried to like it.

Yes, tires were a pain not to be able to swap and get more life with rotations as I can do with the Infraction.
What killed it for me...the rear end and how it is geared. That big ass just kept pinning out..go to drift and spin out 360. If you are a soft to medium basher...it's ok for them. I bash hard. I push my drifts at full power....space provided :)

Tire, gear diff fluid changes, etc., just could not get it to drift like the Infraction. If speed runs are your goal, ignore all I said about the spinouts.

Infraction wins for me
-look
-tires
-balanced well for drift bashing

Felony cost too much for a shelf queen, so I had to sell it :confused:

Best of luck (y)
I've seen alot of videos- owners with Felony rc's drag racing them in a setup scale race with a tree against other drag rc's.

Regards,
mike baby
My thoughts are that the Felony had the rear tire thing and rear diff thing going on. Many who have/ had them say they don't hook up well. The rear oddball size tires suck for traction. I got 4 of the 53/107 Hoons to try on my other rigs. Surely sucked IMHO.
Many guys end up $converting$ to the Infraction setup anyway.
The Felony body is quite fragile being a multi piece one, unlike the Infraction. Body Comes apart with hits way easily.
Me personally I hate the Felony Hoonish look. But that is personal taste of course. You either Love it or you don't.

The Infraction having that Hand brake is meaningless. It is just fluff and a novelty in the beginning. I would toss that out the box from the start. Just me. I tossed the HB on my FT. It was useless.

Get an Infraction.

Last edited:
Funny way to describe it . But will agree.
I've seen alot of videos- owners with Felony rc's drag racing them in a setup scale race with a tree against other drag rc's.
I know that these Felony's that you see are far from stock to actually Drag race a Felony successfully. Especially with the rear diff and wheels. These are all changed out.

Body looks aside subjectively, I honestly feel the Felony drive train is a flawed Arrma design. Having to change out the rear diff ratio merely to compensate for a larger rollout rear wheels, with poor traction at that, was quite dumb. You never design a drive ratio around a tire size. Its the other way a round. Felony rear tires should have been 53/100's at the rear, if anything for that wide rear body. Seems they designed the body and wheels first, and just played with the rear diff to suit. A Fail.
I guess Arrma/HH wanted you to keep you locked into buying those oddball 53/107 wheels. What else? Never made any sense to me.:unsure:
I am quite happy with my Lim. And Infr.

Last edited:
Neither !

+1

This is what I am doing, building an Infraction from scratch (with a PP Chassis).

That said, going with either RTR, you can just change the rear diff (and buy a body from JRC) and run either depending on what you were to purchase in the first place.

Got a Limitless V2 and made a Felony out of it. Spool in center but that has not really bothered me. Mostly very thick oil / silicon ear plugs in center anyways. MMx8s with Hobbywing 1650kv motor. Gearing is tricky. Had it on 4s. Now on 6s with 23T pinion and 54T spool - 103km/h. Running Louise / Duratrax Tarmac tires - bit bigger than the Hoons and also look bigger. Think the Limitless rear axle is a bit wider than the Felony so that the normals Hoons also fit OK in the rear. Helps to lower the body a bit in the rear using the body posts.
Update: Just checked, have rear Kraton hubs and axles for width.

20230318_111303.jpg

Both Limitless V2

Last edited:
I love the looks of the Felony. It runs good and straight for me. I love the bigger tires on the back. When I warm the tires it takes off. I hate the pickup style of the infraction. The hand brake is a joke. Its a great rig but, I like the muscle car look is all. Also have a Limitless, and love it. If I want I can certainly convert my Felony into an infraction. Don't want to. 🏁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back