Kraton 8s ESC .........meet the Xmaxx !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
I have had this Xmaxx for 3 1/2 years now , been great so far , but noticed when going from a stand still and you hit it full , it " chatters " , but if you roll into it , truck acts like normal , top speed and all . So I expected it to be the ESC and rather than buy another Traxxas or any other brand for that matter , remove the ESC / motor out of my K8S ( gotta be better than that stuff !!) and but bigger / better electronics for the K8S , namely Max 5 and either the HW 110kv or 800kv .
Ordered the WFO mount ( got the wrong one , my fault ) , so decided to just run / try it with the stock motor . Full battery got 47 mph out of it with 18t / 46t combo .Must say this ESC is way peppier than the stock one !!! NTM , being able to adjust stuff easier ( punch , braking ) .
So the install was easy , to my surprise , how is it that the mounting tabs on the Spektrum ESC line right up with the 2 chassis legs on the Xmaxx ??? Anyway , shaved down those legs so the esc tabs would be between and rigidly mounted , the other 2 on the opposite side I made a temp block for it to rest on and screw into ( gonna make a piece of PVC for final mount ) . Had to shave some material out of the side bar for ESC fins to clear , cut off the antenna mount on receiver box ( drilled small hole for antenna to push through rubber grommet on the box ) , cut off the tab on crossbar behind motor .
Anyway some pic and vids .......

IMG_4639.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4647.JPG

Last edited:
AKA cogging, typical on start up.
To a point but I mean real bad , did not do this when it was new . My friends new Xmaxx does not do what I am talking about . Anyway , glad I did this to it , very fun truck now , can't wait for my WFO mini to get here so I can put in the motor next !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back