Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich said:
Just an update, forgot to mention I discovered I'd sheared my stock rear chassis brace bolt ?. Couldn't drill the bastard out and opted for a 7075 Voltage one I had laying around. Also found I'd partially pulled a rear A arm off the hinge pin (probably from shaving the ramp and other nasty hits). Switched to RPM arms and dropped the standoffs a 1/2" on the towers for proper arm droop. I did also find I'd bent the front center driveshaft and curved the chassis a bit running without the tower brace ???. Can't 100% recommend running without the T to T unless running a Goliath Series M2C 4mm chassis. Depends on your preference and driving style. In total, I'm loving the EXB ?. I do recommend M4 shock standoffs and solid 7075 rear suspension mounts for regular hard bashing. They simply keep their form better over time.

Last edited:
Just contacted amain to ask about the release date and now they said they are hoping for the first week of August. Sorry if it’s already been mentioned. Kinda bummed since it said the 17th when I pre ordered it but I kinda expected.

Jason Dearden said in the TruBoyz interview that the EXB is going to be released Friday, which I would assume means 7/17

Rich said:
Just an update, forgot to mention I discovered I'd sheared my stock rear chassis brace bolt ?. Couldn't drill the bastard out and opted for a 7075 Voltage one I had laying around. Also found I'd partially pulled a rear A arm off the hinge pin (probably from shaving the ramp and other nasty hits). Switched to RPM arms and dropped the standoffs a 1/2" on the towers for proper arm droop. I did also find I'd bent the front center driveshaft and curved the chassis a bit running without the tower brace
Hmmm, RC Dude 81 also had a rear chassis brace break and curved chassis.

He sheared the bolt that attaches the brace to the chassis. The brace was fine.
I misspoke, RC Dude81 also sheared the bolt.

And he said he ran without the tower to tower brace and crashed. That will bend a chassis, especially with the way he was running in his videos.
RC Dude81 is running with the tower to tower brace, his chassis is bending. We'll see when more people get the truck.

RC Dude81 is running with the tower to tower brace, his chassis is bending. We'll see when more people get the truck.

I may have already asked this someplace, but didn’t see an answer. What are the thoughts on the JBI rear extended skid plate to help prevent bending of the chassis?

FYI for those who pre-ordered from Horizon. They updated their website a few days ago and apparently none of the payment information from orders prior to the new site going live transferred over. As a double whammy, the ability to update payment information manually is also off-line at the moment. I spent two hours on hold to find out this information, so if any of you got the email, that's what's up and hopefully things will be back working in a few days.

I did ask the guy about automatically cancelling orders as stated in the email and he said that wouldn't happen since this whole fiasco "is on them" right now.

--------------
This was the e-mail that was sent to me.

Your order for the following item(s) is ready to ship to you:

ARA106053 KRATON 1/8 EXB Roller Black

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your purchase with your current payment information. Please contact our sales team about this
order at 1-800-338-4639. We are here to serve you Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to better serve our customers we ask you to contact us within seven business days to process your order. After such time we will cancel the order and you can reorder at your convenience.

Thank you

Your friends in fun

Horizon Hobby

Man that sucks. I guess it’s only horizon?? Because of their website. I ordered from amain and I haven’t heard anything.

Eric did bend the chassis with this landing : https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-extreme-bash-roller.24762/post-342210

But yes, you can bend 7075 if you want, even 5mm thickness ? But compared to 6061, 7075 is way more strong.

Man that sucks. I guess it’s only horizon?? Because of their website. I ordered from amain and I haven’t heard anything.

Pretty sure it is HH website only. They recently changed it. Maybe it is a database migration issue.

any recommendations for what pinion setup to use with the exb and mmx8s/1717 on 6s for low temps and good power for bashing?

I think I know what a limited slip diff DOES, but I'd like to know how ARRMA integrated it, and what it means for disassembly of the diffs for maintenance etc. I can see pictures of the parts on the ARRMA website, but not how it's built together, if you get what I mean. I hope it's not even remotely like the Nero diff brains, those were overly complicated and fragile.
Straight from the manual

IMG_20200717_214021.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back