Limitless Lim V2 build. It’s Lim time. Time to Lim it up. Digging the Limification sensation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not anymore…

Thanks Ron!

We all collectively miss Felonaction!

You ain’t whistling Dixie!
And yo, after seeing a couple specific posts of yours a ways back I thought to myself…”there is no way Ron Burgundy isn’t running Aeroshell grease in his diffs!” 😂 Am I right, dude?
Aeroshell 34 to be exact !
And what’s this crap @Dan B.
IMG_0143.jpeg

You JEST started following me ?
You son of a gun !!!
lol

Aeroshell 34 to be exact !
And what’s this crap @Dan B.
View attachment 344577
You JEST started following me ?
You son of a gun !!!
lol
One thing I’ve never really done on this forum is followed anybody. I just started because I don’t seem to get half of my notifications lately. And I don’t want to risk missing any fun little content nuggets that may lie somewhere between Throttle Junkies and A Whales Vagina. 😊
IMG_3042.jpeg

For the uninitiated, this is arguably the best MIL-spec grease on the planet.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEE28O...ing-goods&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwy

Last edited:
I just got a notification that my Royal Mail package from Scorched is out for delivery! It contains the last of the parts necessary to finish this build. I think. 😂
Yaaaaaaaaay!

This is how I felt when the mail came today:
IMG_3067.jpeg

And then I opened it and for the first time ever, Scorched sent me a wrong product. I ordered a rear titanium center shaft and was shipped a front Trident shaft replacement by mistake. 😢 Now I have to hurry up and wait again… 😭😭😭

View attachment 345756
And then I opened it and for the first time ever, Scorched sent me a wrong product. I ordered a rear titanium center shaft and was shipped a front Trident shaft replacement by mistake. 😢 Now I have to hurry up and wait again… 😭😭😭

Now That is testing your patience......

Now That is testing your patience......
PATIENTS ARE FOR DOCTORS!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr
😂
Ya ever notice when shipping is Fd up you nevervget something super fuggin cool !!!!
You know …
Like …
Oh snap
Got a call from Dan over in the in the US !!
Yep
Apparently we ACCIDENTALLY sent him 3 CF GT chassis instead of that dang rear dog bonE he wanted uhg ….
lol

Last edited:
Got everything needed to finish the build except for the right front upper Vitavon control arm. I think that will be here tomorrow.
The altimeter says it’s ok, but I think we still need to go a little higher.
IMG_3077.jpeg

Got the XLX2 mounted, motor wires done, this and that, carbon fibre, etc.
I’m still blown away that this all could be stuffed in this chassis with the factory layout and still be so tidy. Plus, centered motor mount and equal length f/r center shafts. Arrma killed it with the V2, IMHO.
IMG_3081.jpeg

Hoping to fit the body in a few minutes. And speaking of which, those alloy Perfect Pass body mounts could be much better for the freaking price. Very disappointing. I’m going to post a product review in the Paint and Body forum.
Altitude is steadily climbing, but I’m going a bit higher before leveling off.
Yimo find a pencil and fire up the heat gun, coil some wires, and get jiggy with that receiver box.

Altimeter has climbed, I think we’re at a comfortable cruising altitude now. Coiled all the ESC leads, plugged them in to the R7FG, everything fits in the receiver box nicely. Where’s my Castle Link Duo?!?!
IMG_3083.jpeg

It’s setup right now with a QS8 parallel connector and I have a series connector as well.
IMG_3085.jpeg

Here’s a teaser for the body, too. She’s going to be pretty hot… Please note that the altimeter is still climbing. 😊
IMG_3091.jpeg

Also, forgot to mention…I was going to run the front PP body mount inverted, but at full steering lock there is literally only 2mm of clearance with the tires. She’s getting flipped back up, but it will be fine with the body height anyway.
IMG_3082.jpeg

Well, I did indeed receive my other Vitavon upper control arm today. After installing that, I was able to set the ride height and properly fit the body. So yo, this chassis is a wrap!
IMG_3094.jpeg

I had to pull the lovely front Scorched splitter because it was a tad too long at the front and the body couldn’t rest where needed. And yo, any body needs to rest comfortably where needed, right? I finished fitting the body, and the fit seems to be groovy AF.
IMG_3100.jpeg

Johnny: “Golly gee whillickers Susie, that looks like a 917 body he put on there! Which livery do you think he’ll choose?”
Susie; “Why don’t you pull your head out of your arse and look at the very obvious clues, Johnny? Because that would be swell.”
We’ll see ya’ll soon on a Paint and Body thread near you..

Well, I did indeed receive my other Vitavon upper control arm today. After installing that, I was able to set the ride height and properly fit the body. So yo, this chassis is a wrap!
View attachment 346288
I had to pull the lovely front Scorched splitter because it was a tad too long at the front and the body couldn’t rest where needed. And yo, any body needs to rest comfortably where needed, right? I finished fitting the body, and the fit seems to be groovy AF.
View attachment 346290
Johnny: “Golly gee whillickers Susie, that looks like a 917 body he put on there! Which livery do you think he’ll choose?”
Susie; “Why don’t you pull your head out of your arse and look at the very obvious clues, Johnny? Because that would be swell.”
We’ll see ya’ll soon on a Paint and Body thread near you..
Dude. That's my favorite paint scheme ever put on a racecar. GT 40's look sick with it, but on a 917 that's gonna be 🔥

now that i look at it. i realize. This is cool.
and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive then @Dan B. meant it to be.

He prob has 4 Limitless' in parts and doesn't even know it LOL.
And, this build is very cool.

Last edited:
View attachment 345756
Hate it when that happens. Just went through this. Two of the parts were not what I ordered. Luckily, they were very cool about it and sent them out right away. Great. But.....Waiting on those parts to put something else together, sucks.

Love the build so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

Dude. That's my favorite paint scheme ever put on a racecar. GT 40's look sick with it, but on a 917 that's gonna be 🔥
I couldn’t agree more. The GT40 is one of my all time faves, and I’ve complained that we can’t get a decent 1/7 or 1/8 body of one. (The old one, not the new one.). Those with the Gulf livery are one of the sexiest cars to ever grace a racetrack and I would love to build one!
now that i look at it. i realize. This is cool.
and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive then @Dan B. meant it to be.

He prob has 4 Limitless' in parts and doesn't even know it LOL.
And, this build is very cool.
Dude, you’re not whistling Dixie. This went from a KISS and “build it like it is” project to a pretty premium build. It’s part of my sickness. 🙄 I honesty believe I can do it. And then I don’t. Ever. Not once!
Truth be told though, this is the build I’ve always wanted to do since I got into RC. A speed based GT with a 917K body. So I’m not going to be too hard on myself.
Thanks for the kind words, but maybe you should hold off until we see whether or not I screw up this body! 😂

I couldn’t agree more. The GT40 is one of my all time faves, and I’ve complained that we can’t get a decent 1/7 or 1/8 body of one. (The old one, not the new one.). Those with the Gulf livery are one of the sexiest cars to ever grace a racetrack and I would love to build one!

Dude, you’re not whistling Dixie. This went from a KISS and “build it like it is” project to a pretty premium build. It’s part of my sickness. 🙄 I honesty believe I can do it. And then I don’t. Ever. Not once!
Truth be told though, this is the build I’ve always wanted to do since I got into RC. A speed based GT with a 917K body. So I’m not going to be too hard on myself.
Thanks for the kind words, but maybe you should hold off until we see whether or not I screw up this body! 😂

A Superb build!

You are dedicated and fully committed to this creation.
The results shows. 🍺👍

A Superb build!

You are dedicated and fully committed to this creation.
The results shows. 🍺👍
Thank you so much, Tex.
Well, I have “plans” today and tonight, and also all day tomorrow. These plans were not devised by me, but rather by my lovely and talented wife. So the best case scenario is I can start prepping for paint tomorrow night. We’ll see how it goes. I want to do it NOW, as it’s the part of the build I’ve been looking the most forward to. Sigh… Anyway, who needs social interaction and bar hopping and restaurant visits. I’m a good cook, I have booze at home, and I don’t need to hang out with anybody that won’t come to my house. I’m just grousing, but I really don’t enjoy getting out much anymore. I prefer entertaining myself in solace.

Last edited:
Back