Made a ESC adapter plate for the 1/10th scale Chassis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFuzz1542

Tweak and Upgrade everything!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I wanted to mount my Hobbywing XeRun XR8 140 / 880 amp ESC to my Senton 3S but it's too wide to fit in between the two lid screws. Originally I had to mount it sideways in between the screws to fit but this led to part of it sticking out from the lid which meant it did not make full contact with the two sided tape and also forced the ESC control wires to be bent against the steering servo. I know I have seen a few people mention how mounting a aftermarket ESC to the 1/10 chassis can be a bit of a pain.
This ESC adapter plate allows for both the mounting lips of the radio box lid and the mounting screws to fit fully under the surface of the plate giving you a large, even flat surface to mount a aftermarket ESC to your 1/10 scale Arrma correctly. This plate simply fits on top of the receiver box lid and screws down with the original screws. I believe all the 1/10th scale Arrma vehicles use the same radio box set (or at least the lid anyway) so this should fit any of the 1/10 scale vehicles, please let me know if this is not correct. The bottom lip flares out to give it extra support around the mounting holes and I made all the holes with a slight oval shape to give a little forgiveness with printing tolerances. If this is a problem that has been bugging you and you have access to a 3D printer (or know some one who does) feel free to grab the .stl file here ---> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4637286
20201028_140520.jpg
20201028_143414.jpg
20201028_133733.jpg

20201029_033211.jpg
20201029_033246.jpg
Desktop 10-29-2020 12-05-31 AM-726.png
Desktop 10-29-2020 12-06-06 AM-143.png
Desktop 10-29-2020 12-06-18 AM-952.png

Last edited:
I wanted to mount my Hobbywing XeRun XR8 140 / 880 amp ESC to my Senton 3S but it's too wide to fit in between the two lid screws. Originally I had to mount it sideways in between the screws to fit but this led to part of it sticking out from the lid which meant it did not make full contact with the two sided tape and also forced the ESC control wires to be bent against the steering servo. I know I have seen a few people mention how mounting a aftermarket ESC to the 1/10 chassis can be a bit of a pain.
This ESC adapter plate allows for both the mounting lips of the radio box lid and the mounting screws to fit fully under the surface of the plate giving you a large, even flat surface to mount a aftermarket ESC to your 1/10 scale Arrma correctly. This plate simply fits on top of the receiver box lid and screws down with the original screws. I believe all the 1/10th scale Arrma vehicles use the same radio box set (or at least the lid anyway) so this should fit any of the 1/10 scale vehicles, please let me know if this is not correct. The bottom lip flares out to give it extra support around the mounting holes and I made all the holes with a slight oval shape to give a little forgiveness with printing tolerances. If this is a problem that has been bugging you and you have access to a 3D printer (or know some one who does) feel free to grab the .stl file here ---> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4637286View attachment 106879View attachment 106878View attachment 106885
View attachment 106880View attachment 106881View attachment 106882View attachment 106883View attachment 106884
How does the esc attach to the plate?

This ESC adapter plate allows for both the mounting lips of the radio box lid and the mounting screws to fit fully under the surface of the plate giving you a large, even flat surface to mount a aftermarket ESC to your 1/10 scale Arrma correctly. This plate simply fits on top of the receiver box lid and screws down with the original screws. I believe all the 1/10th scale Arrma vehicles use the same radio box set (or at least the lid anyway) so this should fit any of the 1/10 scale vehicles, please let me know if this is not correct. The bottom lip flares out to give it extra support around the mounting holes and I made all the holes with a slight oval shape to give a little forgiveness with printing tolerances. If this is a problem that has been bugging you and you have access to a 3D printer (or know some one who does) feel free to grab the .stl file here ---> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4637286View attachment 106879View attachment 106878View attachment 106885
View attachment 106880View attachment 106881View attachment 106882View attachment 106883View attachment 106884
That's awesome ! Makes me interested in getting a 3d printer

Nice. Thx. What are those blue and red parts on the front bulk head?
It's a steering shield I made. I got really annoyed from having to clear steering jams every time my Senton even looked at stones haha. I posted about it here ---> https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/fixed-my-senton-steering-jam-issues-from-stones.28970/
Looks like some kind of protection to prevent small rocks getting in there and jamming the steering. That’s genius, as it’s a real problem on the 3S line.
Yup, Senton loved to constantly jam its steering ---> https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/fixed-my-senton-steering-jam-issues-from-stones.28970/

Ok Thx. for the information. I didnt have that problem on my 4S Outcast even running in gravel pits a lot.

Ok Thx. for the information. I didnt have that problem on my 4S Outcast even running in gravel pits a lot.
Yea the open wheel bodies handle the stones way better then the SCT body does. The SCT body loves to catch every little thing the tires kick up and dump it into the chassis. I've actually been working on a driveshaft cover as well as stones sometimes like to get wedge against it and act like a lathe cutting into the driveshaft.

Yea the open wheel bodies handle the stones way better then the SCT body does. The SCT body loves to catch every little thing the tires kick up and dump it into the chassis. I've actually been working on a driveshaft cover as well as stones sometimes like to get wedge against it and act like a lathe cutting into the driveshaft.
Yep I've chewed through a few driveshafts like this

There is a driveshaft cover on thingiverse... i got it on my truck ( its for LWB but my outcast is converted so it fits)

There is a driveshaft cover on thingiverse... i got it on my truck ( its for LWB but my outcast is converted so it fits)
Thanks for letting me know! I've searched for parts for the Senton but I haven't seen that one, if I can get it to work with my steering shield that'll save me some trouble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back