Vendetta My low cell Vendetta build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah if you go to the Mod 1.0 gears (and the Hot racing spool)

you can just do this: SRVO434

1665247494763.png

Watching this thread!! Still haven't ordered my gearing yet, also torn between going mod1.. I have a lot of .8 pinions!!
I wish I were that smart. I bought the Mod 1.0 40T HR spur and 29T pinion... obviously, no go inside of the housing. So, I need to figure out what's next.

I wish I were that smart. I bought the Mod 1.0 40T HR spur and 29T pinion... obviously, no go inside of the housing. So, I need to figure out what's next.
Yea I would of went down some more but I had minor experience with the 50t.. so I'm thinking 34/28 or something with the 34t spur!! I'd say just buy a smaller pinion but u will spend cash with trial and error, not just a one and done type spending when it comes to gearing!! 🤣

Yea I would of went down some more but I had minor experience with the 50t.. so I'm thinking 34/28 or something with the 34t spur!! I'd say just buy a smaller pinion but u will spend cash with trial and error, not just a one and done type spending when it comes to gearing!! 🤣
Apparently, I waste money as per the wife. :ROFLMAO:

Just finished reading all of @vwturbowolf Vendetta 150+ build thread I it has my brain going over 150mph just thinking about it all and it has made me think about things that I need to upgrade. Here are the things I am thinking about, and I would like to see what you would do @vwturbowolf and @K-BASH
- Can I run GRP's? Why would the big rock help me do that?
- Do I need HR Steering upgrades?
- Is stiffing up stuff like turnbuckles and arms needed? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...only-for-6s-typhon-extentio.55443/post-802877
- Is 18kg servo good enough to go 130mph+?
- Do I need a splitter a front splitter? I see that K-Bash does not have one, and vwturbowolf has one.
- Is stiffing up the back of the body for less flex needed?
- Do I need to upgrade the rear wing or just take off the top plate so i have no extra down force?
- Should I just run turnbuckles, or should I do an inner and outer shock limit, so I have a little play in the suspension.
- Would running 32p (0.8m) instead of running Mod 1 benefit me since I could run a higher tooth pinon, or can I max the car out with the gearing that I can do with a Mod 1 set up?
- It looks like other then buying 17mm hex's I will have to buy the 3S Typhon shafts as well, Is that right?
I will be getting the TP 4050-CM 3800KV and a MMX8S.
I think I will be running 500K unless that is a big no-no for some reason.
I am thinking about going with the HR spool instead of making one.
Thank you, guys for the all the help with my builds.
Well I am not very thankful for the help of emptying my bank :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: other than the i am very thankful.
I am going to start asking the questions 1 at a time as I go thought the car. Thanks K-BASH, for answering my questions on hub adapters, shafts, and hubs.
Also, thanks all for trying to help me with the gearing I think what I am going to try is getting a 5mm 32p pinon and make it 6mm then it will work with the kanizrc spool the reason that I would use that is that it uses pinons instead of $30 spurs that are only Mod 1.

What I would Like to know is there a reason that I should not run 500K in the Diff's. @K-BASH and @vwturbowolf I think you both run 20M so is locked the key for smaller cars?

I am going to start asking the questions 1 at a time as I go thought the car. Thanks K-BASH, for answering my questions on hub adapters, shafts, and hubs.
Also, thanks all for trying to help me with the gearing I think what I am going to try is getting a 5mm 32p pinon and make it 6mm then it will work with the kanizrc spool the reason that I would use that is that it uses pinons instead of $30 spurs that are only Mod 1.

What I would Like to know is there a reason that I should not run 500K in the Diff's. @K-BASH and @vwturbowolf I think you both run 20M so is locked the key for smaller cars?
I’m running 500-1mill in front and 200-300k rear now with my two vendettas 😉

I run only 20 million in all my diffs

My turnbuckles came with no play!
I might know why your steering was so bad @vwturbowolf This part has a lot of play in it the right and the left one. I am going to wrap PTFE thread tape around the bellcrank pins to make so it does not flop around. I am wondering if I need to add any HR parts like servo saver or servo saver eliminator, I don't think I will need the HR bellcrank since I am only looking for 140mph as the max, but do I need to upgrade the other things (Servo saver and or linkage).
I have been working on the front of the car today, I had the Granite hubs and others on hand the shafts are a bit long so I will probably cut about 20mm off the ends of the outer drive shafts (this is because the Granite arms are wider, so it comes with longer shafts).

Thank you, guys, for answering all my questions I know I have a lot and I have many more to come.

The things I hope to hear back on is should I leave the socks (post #32) and steering (this post).

P1100866.JPG

P1100867.JPG

I might know why your steering was so bad @vwturbowolf This part has a lot of play in it the right and the left one. I am going to wrap PTFE thread tape around the bellcrank pins to make so it does not flop around. I am wondering if I need to add any HR parts like servo saver or servo saver eliminator, I don't think I will need the HR bellcrank since I am only looking for 140mph as the max, but do I need to upgrade the other things (Servo saver and or linkage).
I have been working on the front of the car today, I had the Granite hubs and others on hand the shafts are a bit long so I will probably cut about 20mm off the ends of the outer drive shafts (this is because the Granite arms are wider, so it comes with longer shafts).

Thank you, guys, for answering all my questions I know I have a lot and I have many more to come.

The things I hope to hear back on is should I leave the socks (post #32) and steering (this post).

View attachment 249113

View attachment 249114
I’ve tried to find just a metal steering link for the 3S cars and finally gave up. I got this set mainly for the link so I could use it on my mini infraction, I kept the stock bell crank.

After sitting in my parts box for months I just finished installing the main part the other day in a new 4s build. It’s extremely smooth and feels solid. Since it’s a basher I will keep the stock plastic link for a little bit of flex in that area.

Anyways i can confirm that the link is good. I liked it better than the hot racing one which I also have. It has brass looking balls pressed into the link as opposed to that goofy hot racing O-ring…crap. Also it’s cheaper than a hot racing one at 19 bucks. However if you do find just the steering leak somewhere please post a link, it drove me nuts trying to find one.

E0C0F998-0CD6-4840-903F-F0F23B651DAB.png

View attachment 249113

View attachment 249114
Thanks for the Like but what do you think about the stock shocks vs turnbuckles and the servo saver, link, and bellcrank?
I am thinking about getting that listing Velodromed posted, but what about the servo saver? I have a Spektrum Servo Arm, should I replace the stock servo-saver with that?
One of these days I might break down and buy one of these cars.
First line of business would be a custom slider motor mount adapted in from a 1/8 scale 6s rig.
What do you think? https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjezng8sx95/

This is tempting to try since I have one sitting in my room right now.

Last edited:
A little update, I am almost done with the front, thanks @Velodromed I have the bellcrank on order I will be using the mettle horn I have on the servo I ended up replacing the shocks with turnbuckles. The oil in the diff feels thicker than 10k nothing was new on the block about the diff, it was low on oil, that #1 weakness of Arrma's.
I have photos of everything so if you would like me to post something just let me know.
@LibertyMKiii what do you think about the 6S motor mount in the Vendetta? (Video in last post)
@vwturbowolf Dose Kaniz RC use his Facebook anymore? I messaged him saying that I was interested in his spool and info on how he did the Limitless motor mount, and he has not replayed.

I am thinking about using .8 mod (32p) so I can get more options with the gearing. What problems would I run in to?
The finer the pitch you have , usually offers many more ratios for fine tuning within the constraints of the Power module dimensions you have to work with.

Here's some info that might help ya🤷‍♂️
Here's another motor option,I love this little motor.runs great with mmx8s an at 108$ great bang for buck motor...but for 2,3s ya really need more kv..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011-133755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011-133755_Chrome.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
What do you think? https://www.instagram.com/p/Cjezng8sx95/

This is tempting to try since I have one sitting in my room right now.

@LibertyMKiii what do you think about the 6S motor mount in the Vendetta? (Video in last post)
@vwturbowolf Dose Kaniz RC use his Facebook anymore? I messaged him saying that I was interested in his spool and info on how he did the Limitless motor mount, and he has not replayed.

Yep that is what I was thinking. Should make the whole process of fitting gears significantly easier.

Back