New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MT8 is amazing... if you know what you're doing. It doesn't suffer fools gladly.

The MT8 is amazing... if you know what you're doing. It doesn't suffer fools gladly.
I agree - She’s a cruel mistress!!
You should join us on the group Razor! All good fun. Just had a guy who’s done an 8s conversion join!?!? Can’t even imagine how that behaves! Also just clocked one going 65 mph - We think that’s the fastest yet we’ve seen anywhere. Nice to see it getting some love.

My rpm arms front and back will be here in the morning, along with my zd buggy...oh and I thought sod it and got a maverick quantum plus as well, that'll be here tomorrow as well 😁😁 with 2x 3s lipos

The zd was 250 and maverick 200 so 450 for both, I'm not sure if I should have just got one better truck, say a corally murko.....there's always next month for that i guess 😁😁

Last edited:
I am finally able to start, yet again on my collection, but, this time it will be a lot slower catching up than in the past. I picked up a brand new HPI Jumpshot SC Flux black Friday, and just got it delivered yesterday. Next I'm looking for a 1/10 4X4 SCT for winter bashing, but that I will probably pick up as a used slider and build it how I want it. I haven't taken it out of the box yet because I don't have batteries or a charger yet.

IMG_20231128_151842970.jpg
IMG_20231128_151858285.jpg

Last edited:
Are you the one who had his house burnt down and then robbed?
I know the feeling of being robbed mate but I've not had the unfortunate pleasure of having my house burn down yet... touch wood 😞

What was the deal with being robbed? If you don't mind me asking that is mate

Are you the one who had his house burnt down and then robbed?
I know the feeling of being robbed mate but I've not had the unfortunate pleasure of having my house burn down yet... touch wood 😞

What was the deal with being robbed? If you don't mind me asking that is mate
Now that it's all been figured out, I can finally say I know what actually happened. My ex got into drugs, and sold my entire RC collection and all my cordless tools to feed her habits, and made it look like a robbery to cover herself. She went to jail, but, her and the guy she was buying from sold everything online. Then, I found out she hadn't paid on the mortgage for months, so now I'm losing my house. Due to all the legal costs over all this, I'm gonna be broke for awhile.

Now that it's all been figured out, I can finally say I know what actually happened. My ex got into drugs, and sold my entire RC collection and all my cordless tools to feed her habits, and made it look like a robbery to cover herself. She went to jail, but, her and the guy she was buying from sold everything online. Then, I found out she hadn't paid on the mortgage for months, so now I'm losing my house. Due to all the legal costs over all this, I'm gonna be broke for awhile.
That's pretty poopy. I had an ex steal a whole bunch of my stuff once too. She took well over $2,000 worth of stuff, my TV, tools, ipod, one of my RC cars, a couple of batteries a charger my PS3 and the sound system out of my truck. The only thing I ever got back was my PS3 because she sold that to a pawn shop.

Damn!! Sorry for your bad luck bro. Try and focus on going forwards, can't change the past unfortunately. Good luck brother.

Just to confirm that the rpm arms are holding up good, finally got the diff oils and connector to use 2 3s lipos, so much better now its got 60k rear 500k centre 30k front

If I'm honest I really regretted getting the mt8 at first, but now after the arm upgrade I'm really enjoying it
I've just ordered a set of badlands and a set of copperhead2 and some 10mm extenders,

Just to confirm that the rpm arms are holding up good, finally got the diff oils and connector to use 2 3s lipos, so much better now its got 60k rear 500k centre 30k front

If I'm honest I really regretted getting the mt8 at first, but now after the arm upgrade I'm really enjoying it
I've just ordered a set of badlands and a set of copperhead2 and some 10mm extenders,
Awesome!! Glad to hear! The MT8/Kaiju are some really good bashers, underrated IMO. Enjoy!!

Awesome!! Glad to hear! The MT8/Kaiju are some really good bashers, underrated IMO. Enjoy!!

Cheers bud 👍
To be honest I'm enjoying my zd bx-8e v3 buggy more than anything, 4s with a 19t pinion on it, for the money, its a fantastic buggy, its just as good as the rc8.2e i had, before some wanker nicked it that is

I've had loads of 1/8 buggy and truggys, I promise you its just as good as anything I've had
After Christmas I'm getting the corally kagama roller, I've ordered a max 8 combo for it already,
That's all I'm getting for the next few months, spent a fortune in the last couple of months on rc stuff

Missus is gonna kill me when she finds out, was only supposed to get one truck lol, will have 4 in 2 weeks

Last edited:
Cheers bud 👍
To be honest I'm enjoying my zd bx-8e v3 buggy more than anything, 4s with a 19t pinion on it, for the money, its a fantastic buggy, its just as good as the rc8.2e i had, before some wanker nicked it that is

I've had loads of 1/8 buggy and truggys, I promise you its just as good as anything I've had
After Christmas I'm getting the corally kagama roller, I've ordered a max 8 combo for it already,
That's all I'm getting for the next few months, spent a fortune in the last couple of months on rc stuff

Missus is gonna kill me when she finds out, was only supposed to get one truck lol, will have 4 in 2 weeks
Nice! I just looked up the ZD buggy, around $400 here in the states. Looks good. Parts availability would be my concern.. plus since it's a buggy, very terrain limited. I have a 2007 Xray XB8, bought it used for $350 10 years ago. The highest quality rc I've ever had, easily. I have a few Tekno's, which are great..not Xray quality though IMO.

Nice! I just looked up the ZD buggy, around $400 here in the states. Looks good. Parts availability would be my concern.. plus since it's a buggy, very terrain limited. I have a 2007 Xray XB8, bought it used for $350 10 years ago. The highest quality rc I've ever had, easily. I have a few Tekno's, which are great..not Xray quality though IMO.

Yeah the parts availability is a little concerning I must admit
$400 id not pay that much for one, especially as you've already got plenty of top notch buggys, i only paid £250 for mine, if I run into any problems with parts, I'll probably strip the motor servo and put it in another roller down the line at some point

That'll be my excuse to the missus 😆
Can't get the parts, so it'll be easier to get a cheap roller lol

I'm just about to get some copperhead2, can't find any badlands in stock everywhere, now my question is, are the 6s copperhead2 to big? Or shell I get the 4s copperhead2
Cheers

Just don't wanna get the 6s ones and they end up looking to big for the short wheelbase on the mt8

I'm just about to get some copperhead2, can't find any badlands in stock everywhere, now my question is, are the 6s copperhead2 to big? Or shell I get the 4s copperhead2
Cheers

Just don't wanna get the 6s ones and they end up looking to big for the short wheelbase on the mt8
They'll be too big IMO. I run the 6s copperheads on my tekno mt410 (similar wheelbase and size to the MT8) and they look goofy for sure. Makes it super twitchy as well.

They'll be too big IMO. I run the 6s copperheads on my tekno mt410 (similar wheelbase and size to the MT8) and they look goofy for sure. Makes it super twitchy as well.
I've heard the stock MT8 tires are quite good, as are the stock OG Kaiju. What makes the Kaiju tricky to find wheels/tires for is the offset needed to clear the body..any 6 inch or taller will require positive offset, zero offset wheels rub the body if more than 5 inches tall I think. I just had a mud and ice session with my Kaiju over the holiday weekend..man I love that truck!! I put the stock knobbies back on it, had a great time!!😁👍😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back