Mojave New Arrma Mojave 4s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1695912459005.png

Looks like there's some pricing issues.

Last edited:
Interesting new chassis design as well.. the double outer wall should greatly increase the strength... that esc needs to be moved to the chassis though.. 👍

I think the truck as a whole looks pretty good. I'm still a bit puzzled by the sealed module theory..why? Clearly not necessary as proven by the dozens of 1/8 scale platforms on the market.🤔🤷‍♂️ I'm also curious about the Fortress LP's. Will they be durable like the 6s or candy like the 3s version? $500 huh? Eh, IDK. It'd be an easy decision to pick a 6s version if they still made it.. guess we'll have to wait and see how they hold up. I have no intentions of buying one but, nice to see them offer a rig to compete with the new TRX..if they really match up, IDK.

I think the truck as a whole looks pretty good. I'm still a bit puzzled by the sealed module theory..why? Clearly not necessary as proven by the dozens of 1/8 scale platforms on the market.🤔🤷‍♂️ I'm also curious about the Fortress LP's. Will they be durable like the 6s or candy like the 3s version? $500 huh? Eh, IDK. It'd be an easy decision to pick a 6s version if they still made it.. guess we'll have to wait and see how they hold up. I have no intentions of buying one but, nice to see them offer a rig to compete with the new TRX..if they really match up, IDK.
The raptor brushless has a 384mm wheelbase vs 380 on the mojave 4s. So yeah a direct competitor. Runs 3s and 30$ more

How thick that motor plate is though, remains to be seen ;)

I'm actually excited for an Arrma release for once. Center diff is great, and the built in mud guard is a nice touch. Also super stoked for another option for Mojave Fortress style tires -- that're going to be out of stock everywhere :LOL:
Likely 5mm

As someone fairly new to the RC world and who has a 3s senton and the desire for a 6s Mojave I was at 1st excited about seeing the 4s Mojave coming. The more I think about it - Why? the 4s seems to be filling a very small, tiny gap between the senton and 6s Mojave- what is the thought process of Arrma here? Other than the fact that I just want more RC trucks - Why wouldn't I just get the 6s? not like the 4s would be saving a chit ton of money.

The raptor brushless has a 384mm wheelbase vs 380 on the mojave 4s. So yeah a direct competitor. Runs 3s and 30$ more
Nice, so they do lineup pretty closely in specs then. I have looked briefly at the Raptor, then noticed 3s max..boo. Lamo!! And $30 more? Of course it is..😉🤣🤣

As someone fairly new to the RC world and who has a 3s senton and the desire for a 6s Mojave I was at 1st excited about seeing the 4s Mojave coming. The more I think about it - Why? the 4s seems to be filling a very small, tiny gap between the senton and 6s Mojave- what is the thought process of Arrma here? Other than the fact that I just want more RC trucks - Why wouldn't I just get the 6s? not like the 4s would be saving a chit ton of money.
Size. Bigger truck needs a bigger space to run

Right? Who knows how they come up with this stuff? Probably focus groups..ie, people with nothing better to do than fill out questionnaires who likely never even owned an rc,LOL. 🤣🤣
Size. Bigger truck needs a bigger space to run
True, Senton 6s would make more cents I'd bet.

Right? Who knows how they come up with this stuff? Probably focus groups..ie, people with nothing better to do than fill out questionnaires who likely never even owned an rc,LOL. 🤣🤣

True, Senton 6s would make more cents I'd bet.
Analyst -- justifying their paycheck by giving their professional opinion on a subject they have zero knowledge on.... Much like the 2nd lieutenant in S3.

Both are more affordable then I expected. I wonder what they will be on Jenny’s…
Apparently they wont direct fit on the current models. A v3 of the kraton outcast might be coming and a complete update on the 3s to be cross compatible. Makes sense because the pegs that guide the module in is likely longer on the mojave.

I like the changes they've made to this truck vs the current 3S/4S lineup. The fully-sealed center assembly is probably a response to the criticism the current 4x4 cars received for how much dirt and debris would accumulate in the center power module, chewing up spur gears. In theory, that scenario shouldn't happen nearly as much with this Mojave.

The center diff and metal spur gear is a nice upgrade over the slipper --- it just needs to make its way into the 3S vehicles too. Perhaps such changes will be coming in the future.

I also like how they've designed the chassis with drainage ports to help dirt and debris escape. That was another problem with the 4x4 lineup.

The only remaining sticking point is the price. At $500, I imagine this will be most appealing to someone who would like a 1/8 scale but specifically only wants a short-course/desert truck. There's only a certain slice of RC hobbyists who likely fit that description.

But who knows? Time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back