Limitless New fastest rc in the world! Scorched Rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At minimum, not until someone figures out a better wheel/tire. It's already a problem keeping them in one piece at 200mph, 300mph is definitely going to be beyond their capabilities.
I can tell you this was a factor for his car.
David's car didn't have regular 1/8 103mm foams on it. They had a larger diameter of around 110mm final diameter after the foams were true'd down.

David got his video posted up just now. What is interesting is that his body has almost no rear downforce added. I suppose with 2 large motors and 8 LiPos you might have enough traction from weight alone.

Last edited:
David's car didn't have regular 1/8 103mm foams on it. They had a larger diameter of around 110mm final diameter after the foams were true'd down.

David got his video posted up just now. What is interesting is that his body has almost no rear downforce added. I suppose with 2 large motors and 8 LiPos you might have enough traction from weight alone.

Still loving this, very excited for him! Two takeaways:
1. One of the Marshalls is wearing one of Phil’s Ripple Killer shirts!!!
2. Someone needs to start a GoFundMe to get the Rossa guys better quads, or maybe an SBS…

That's pretty interesting about the tires. I was trying reallllly hard to see if there was any chunking going on, but I couldn't really make anything out.

He's using lead weights to supplement that. I know he has a pretty decent size one out on the nose. At least he did in a picture or video I saw. I'm curious how much his car weighs all in. I think mine is up around 20lbs with four CNHL 4s 9500's.

2. Someone needs to start a GoFundMe to get the Rossa guys better quads, or maybe an SBS…

I believe Ripple Killer started in the UK. Might be the OG owner that Phillip bought it from.

That's pretty interesting about the tires. I was trying reallllly hard to see if there was any chunking going on, but I couldn't really make anything out.

He's using lead weights to supplement that. I know he has a pretty decent size one out on the nose. At least he did in a picture or video I saw. I'm curious how much his car weighs all in. I think mine is up around 20lbs with four CNHL 4s 9500's.

yeah I'd bet its up around 25 lbs

Looking at this, kind of feeling a vindication of knowing I at least had one theory right. My first speed runner build, I made clear I wasn't going with conventional speed runner thoughts, which leaned towards eliminating weight. Although that is a sound theory, there is only so much downforce to be created at the higher speeds. Then you need weight to keep traction. That being said, I'm left wondering if he did what @Notorious J did with his Granite and pulled the front driveshaft would he have cleared 220mph at the traps? I find it interesting what "misfortune" can show us sometimes. And I now wonder if weight will be incorporated in more builds. I imagine many are faced with an issue I'm having presently on my new build. My overloaded SWB makes it impossible to have a perfect weight distribution and I find myself having to add ALOT more weight than anticipated via stacked wheel leads on the chassis, with the goal being as close as possible to 50/50 RL and FR

Thread 'Senton Identity Crisis Build aka "TNDKWHD"' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/senton-identity-crisis-build-aka-tndkwhd.40146/

For those who wondered what the initials stood for, it's simple.
This Noob Doesn't Know What He's Doing. Lol

Looking at this, kind of feeling a vindication of knowing I at least had one theory right. My first speed runner build, I made clear I wasn't going with conventional speed runner thoughts, which leaned towards eliminating weight. Although that is a sound theory, there is only so much downforce to be created at the higher speeds. Then you need weight to keep traction. That being said, I'm left wondering if he did what @Notorious J did with his Granite and pulled the front driveshaft would he have cleared 220mph at the traps? I find it interesting what "misfortune" can show us sometimes. And I now wonder if weight will be incorporated in more builds. I imagine many are faced with an issue I'm having presently on my new build. My overloaded SWB makes it impossible to have a perfect weight distribution and I find myself having to add ALOT more weight than anticipated via stacked wheel leads on the chassis, with the goal being as close as possible to 50/50 RL and FR

Thread 'Senton Identity Crisis Build aka "TNDKWHD"' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/senton-identity-crisis-build-aka-tndkwhd.40146/

For those who wondered what the initials stood for, it's simple.
This Noob Doesn't Know What He's Doing. Lol
FWIW, I've never considered weight to be much if any of an issue in terms of top speed. While it will affect the max rate of acceleration of a vehicle (which isn't a factor in speed running), it doesn't really have any bearing on a vehicle's max velocity. As for weight distribution, I think it's probably beneficial to have the weight biased slightly towards the front of the vehicle to keep the nose planted firmly on the ground preventing blow overs.

FWIW, I've never considered weight to be much if any of an issue in terms of top speed. While it will affect the max rate of acceleration of a vehicle (which isn't a factor in speed running), it doesn't really have any bearing on a vehicle's max velocity. As for weight distribution, I think it's probably beneficial to have the weight biased slightly towards the front of the vehicle to keep the nose planted firmly on the ground preventing blow overs.
It was while watching local dragsters race that I decided to add weight. You are right about the acceleration aspect but it does need a happy medium. Sure, you gain speed faster with less weight, but you also leave the ground too. I thought it was funny watch those local dragsters with their expensive setups fly 10-20 feet up the air only to come smashing down. The Senton EXB build was set about 50/50 RL and 60/40 FR(wheel weights added to front of chassis). The reason I want to try 50/50 FR now is the last one never had an issue popping up and front stayed down at 129mph. This build is alot heavier, and has the motor mount turned around so I feel I can tweak it. My goal is only 21 mph more. But yeah, if/when I start pushing 160-180 then I may need to got back 60/40 or more at front. The bonus with the wheel weights is you can play around with that.
But what really will be an interesting comparison for me is the effect of a motor outputting 200 less kv with ALOT more torque(4 pole vs 6 pole). Add that to the effect of a far more capable esc feeding it with gearing roughly the same. We both know dynamics are changing and I could very well find myself right back at your advice.

It was while watching local dragsters race that I decided to add weight. You are right about the acceleration aspect but it does need a happy medium. Sure, you gain speed faster with less weight, but you also leave the ground too. I thought it was funny watch those local dragsters with their expensive setups fly 10-20 feet up the air only to come smashing down. The Senton EXB build was set about 50/50 RL and 60/40 FR(wheel weights added to front of chassis). The reason I want to try 50/50 FR now is the last one never had an issue popping up and front stayed down at 129mph. This build is alot heavier, and has the motor mount turned around so I feel I can tweak it. My goal is only 21 mph more. But yeah, if/when I start pushing 160-180 then I may need to got back 60/40 or more at front. The bonus with the wheel weights is you can play around with that.
But what really will be an interesting comparison for me is the effect of a motor outputting 200 less kv with ALOT more torque(4 pole vs 6 pole). Add that to the effect of a far more capable esc feeding it with gearing roughly the same. We both know dynamics are changing and I could very well find myself right back at your advice.
Instead of lead ballast, the top F1 teams actually use depleted Uranium, which is over 1.5 times the density of lead. Crazy man. I want a chunk of it just to placate my inner nerd.

Instead of lead ballast, the top F1 teams actually use depleted Uranium, which is over 1.5 times the density of lead. Crazy man. I want a chunk of it just to placate my inner nerd.
Wouldn't tungsten work as well? I know tungsten fishing weights are significantly smaller than the lead of the same weight

Wouldn't tungsten work as well? I know tungsten fishing weights are significantly smaller than the lead of the same weight
Yes indeed! Pricey, though. I have a 50mm cube of tungsten and peoples eyes always get very wide when I hand it to them. I wanted to buy a 10mm cube of osmium, roughly twice the mass of lead, but it was like $2,000.00 A one inch cube is over $20k! That’s one expensive paperweight.
https://www.amazon.com/GOLEHS-Labor...XV4KD6S8Y5Z1CDMEW&qid=1684506689&sr=8-11&th=1

I wonder if it's physically possible for an RC To reach 300 mph?. 219 MPH is not too far from that
Yes it's 💯 percent possible 👍. But...not on ground..
we have so many smart people here but yet no one has got the solution on how to hit 300 mph on a RC car..pay attention cause I'm only going to mention this one time..ok so you do the first 200 mph by ground then jump off a ramp and turn on your jet packs on the back of your speed car and do the remaining 100 by air. What's so hard about that🤷 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

we have so many smart people here but yet no one has got the solution on how to hit 300 mph on a RC car..pay attention cause I'm only going to mention this one time..ok so you do the first 200 mph by ground then jump off a ramp and turn on your jet packs on the back of your speed car and do the remaining 100 by air. What's so hard about that🤷 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Good luck driving it back! 😂

Jeez you guys ask for way to much.🤣 I just explained the simple solution on how to hit 300 mph and now you expect it to come back.🤔.I'll leave that part for someone else.But my calculations tell me that at those speeds it's going to go POOOFF💨. YOULL HAVE NOTHING TO RETRIEVE 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Funny... I said the same thing about that cheapo Chinese Quad there. I think I could walk faster than that Quad. It looks the size of my son's cheap Electric Chinese quad.:LOL:

The issue is scale. It is very possible to do 300mph. But the scale has to be ALOT bigger. Technically you can take one of those rockets that race at the Bonneville Salt Flats, remove the driver and install a shitload of really big servos and hook it all up to a receiver and it's now Remote Controlled.

The issue is scale. It is very possible to do 300mph. But the scale has to be ALOT bigger. Technically you can take one of those rockets that race at the Bonneville Salt Flats, remove the driver and install a shitload of really big servos and hook it all up to a receiver and it's now Remote Controlled.
@Greengaunja you got got some mean bud huh🤔🤣🤣🤣
@Greengaunja I'll trade you some purple Haze for that crazy stuff you got😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back