What should I Get?

• Super wicked Kraton 8s

• He who shall not be named (X-maxx)

• Hobo hyper MT

• Tamiya Wild Willys Jeep

• HPI Savage

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he did, as he did now here. He apparently loves to insult people without any reason.
You came to my YouTube video and posted absolute rubbish. You said I completely destroyed the truck, which I did not. I could have had it back out the same day if I wanted to take a ride for a turnbuckle end. So I called a spade a spade. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you watch my videos. I don't get paid and don't need the views. So feel free to just ignore my stuff. Then you won't have to worry about having your sensitive feelings hurt. And not for nothing, I find it hard to believe no one has called you that before ?

You came to my YouTube video and posted absolute rubbish. You said I completely destroyed the truck, which I did not. I could have had it back out the same day if I wanted to take a ride for a turnbuckle end. So I called a spade a spade. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you watch my videos. I don't get paid and don't need the views. So feel free to just ignore my stuff. Then you won't have to worry about having your sensitive feelings hurt. And not for nothing, I find it hard to believe no one has called you that before ?
Please relax my friend, there's nothing to be angry. I thought we were civil people. If you cannot withstand any criticism (not direct to you but to the car) and insult people there is clearly something you have to manage. Cheers and chill. I'm a peaceful (and polite) guy.

Please relax my friend, there's nothing to be angry. I thought we were civil people. If you cannot withstand any criticism (not direct to you but to the car) and insult people there is clearly something you have to manage. Cheers and chill. I'm a peaceful (and polite) guy.
I'm not angry at all. And I actually criticized the truck in the video. Did you manage to watch it all? Criticism is fine but you're comments were...well, I have to think of a polite way to phrase it. I'll get back to you ?

I'm not angry at all. And I actually criticized the truck in the video. Did you manage to watch it all? Criticism is fine but you're comments were...well, I have to think of a polite way to phrase it. I'll get back to you ?
I watched it thoroughly and I expressed my opinion. You did a good job and drove it well. But unfortunately I found it weak in some points, and you confirmed these weaknesses breaking those points. That's it. It's a toy, no need to freak out or insult people for that

It's such a shame that there's no easy way for people to just take both for a quick and tame spin before purchase. This would especially be great for those of us who aren't brand loyalists. For example when I was shopping for a full sized truck a few years ago I stopped by the Chevrolet, the Ford and the Ram dealership to take each offering for a spin. Similarly, when I'm shopping for a new bicycle I take various bikes for a quick ride. In no case was I trying to drift a F150 around a dirt road bend at 60 MPH or launch a Trek off a loading dock - I just needed a taste. Too bad people can't drive a X-Maxx and then drive a Kraton 8S back-to-back for a reasonable spin in a hardpack dirt lot.

Sadly I wonder if I'll ultimately answer the question the same way I did with the ol' Kraton 6S vs. Traxxas Maxx debate - get both.

I watched it thoroughly and I expressed my opinion. You did a good job and drove it well. But unfortunately I found it weak in some points, and you confirmed these weaknesses breaking those points. That's it. It's a toy, no need to freak out or insult people for that
What Arrma do you own again? If it's a 6s I know the chassis bends. And the wing mounts break. And the A-arms break. And the pillow balls pull out, and the plastic chassis braces break, and the center brace bends, and the diffs get stripped. There are more issues with a Kraton 6s than this new truck but you've hitched your complaint wagon to the Kraton 8s. I don't get it.

What Arrma do you own again? If it's a 6s I know the chassis bends. And the wing mounts break. And the A-arms break. And the pillow balls pull out, and the plastic chassis braces break, and the center brace bends, and the diffs get stripped. There are more issues with a Kraton 6s than this new truck but you've hitched your complaint wagon to the Kraton 8s. I don't get it.
I own a Notorious 6s V4. It's shorter and less prone to bend than a Kraton.

It's such a shame that there's no easy way for people to just take both for a quick and tame spin before purchase. This would especially be great for those of us who aren't brand loyalists. For example when I was shopping for a full sized truck a few years ago I stopped by the Chevrolet, the Ford and the Ram dealership to take each offering for a spin. Similarly, when I'm shopping for a new bicycle I take various bikes for a quick ride. In no case was I trying to drift a F150 around a dirt road bend at 60 MPH or launch a Trek off a loading dock - I just needed a taste. Too bad people can't drive a X-Maxx and then drive a Kraton 8S back-to-back for a reasonable spin in a hardpack dirt lot.

Sadly I wonder if I'll ultimately answer the question the same way I did with the ol' Kraton 6S vs. Traxxas Maxx debate - get both.

There is NO debate.

STOP COMPARING THE X MAXX TO THE KRATON! seriously, it is a bad comparison. Do you compare a real life monster truck to a real life pre-runner or Baja 1000 ??? An Internet forum is here to share opinion absolutely and I respect everyone’s on here. That said, there has to be at least A LITTLE tact and insight used here.

Xmaxx buyers you won’t want the Kraton over the Xmaxx and vice versa. It’s the same way that a Revo buyer won’t care for a Truggy and vice versa. Do you compare Asian women with black women? Apples to oranges?

Colby this reply isn’t venom directed at you, however I have to clear this air. If Arrma made a PLASTIC / fiber reinforced chassis MT then I’d say YES! Abso-fuuuckingg-lutely compare the 2.

You should be able to test drive any model at a decent LHS. Heck, that’s how Ed is currently driving the K8S. It’s a demo. ?

I own a Notorious 6s V4. It's shorter and less prone to bend than a Kraton.
Well I bent the crap out of my Notorious chassis as well as the shock towers, broke A-arms, chewed 2 diffs, bent both the dogbones and CVD's multiple times, broke multiple pin mounts, had the ESC catch fire, broke many wing mounts, shock rod ends and shock shafts. I would guess that I have about $650 into that truck in upgrades when I include the Max6 and the motor. Yet in your introduction post to the forum you deem it a marvel of engineering ? Why do you not hold it to the same standard as you hold the K8S?
There is NO debate.

STOP COMPARING THE X MAXX TO THE KRATON! seriously, it is a bad comparison. Do you compare a real life monster truck to a real life pre-runner or Baja 1000 ??? An Internet forum is here to share opinion absolutely and I respect everyone’s on here. That said, there has to be at least A LITTLE tact and insight used here.

Xmaxx buyers you won’t want the Kraton over the Xmaxx and vice versa. It’s the same way that a Revo buyer won’t care for a Truggy and vice versa. Do you compare Asian women with black women? Apples to oranges?

Colby this reply isn’t venom directed at you, however I have to clear this air. If Arrma made a PLASTIC / fiber reinforced chassis MT then I’d say YES! Abso-fuuuckingg-lutely compare the 2.
But they are both big and have 4 tires!

So disappointing to fling a 25 lb toy in the air and break things right? You are so smart, stop wasting your intelligence on this forum :)

It seems like no one can say anything wrong in here about arrma trucks, people getting in defensive mode acting rude.

That is dissapointing to see about this community.

Fet thubderdome: he acted just the same to my post earlier today also.

Last edited:
Well I bent the crap out of my Notorious chassis as well as the shock towers, broke A-arms, chewed 2 diffs, bent both the dogbones and CVD's multiple times, broke multiple pin mounts, had the ESC catch fire, broke many wing mounts, shock rod ends and shock shafts. I would guess that I have about $650 into that truck in upgrades when I include the Max6 and the motor. Yet in your introduction post to the forum you deem it a marvel of engineering ? Why do you not hold it to the same standard as you hold the K8S?

But they are both big and have 4 tires!
Seriously I am trying but still cannot get your point my friend. What am I supposed to answer? I am sorry for your breakages, I don't have more words for that. I didn't put much money on it and I am still having fun. Of course I am not as nearly as good as you in driving, and surely I am aware not to bash amongst trees. They tend to create problems when they get in the way of your car

It seems like no one can say anything wrong in here about arrma trucks, people getting in defence mode acting rude.

That is dissapointing to see about this community.
You can say plenty..... I can say plenty about most brands products. It’s common sense that you lack.

@Ray87 Even @bicketybam has criticized the truck. But you decided to embellish and hyperbolize. When Ed called you out for it, you got butt hurt. Instead you could have walked back your comments and been more fair and all would have been fine.

Seriously I am trying but still cannot get your point my friend. What am I supposed to answer? I am sorry for your breakages, I don't have more words for that. I didn't put much money on it and I am still having fun. Of course I am not as nearly as good as you in driving, and surely I am aware not to bash amongst trees. They tend to create problems when they get in the way of your car
The point is that the truck that you own is more prone to breaking then the new Kraton 8s. I believe it is not as durable. Why don't you have a proem with that?

Yesterday I purchased a Notorious and I experienced what Arrma Tough is all about. I am so impressed I couldn't believe there could be such difference. I have bashed with people with Xmaxx's, which are very good indeed, but Arrma is on a whole new level of building. Just barely touching it, you can feel the toughness ad the sturdiness. And the shocks. Oh boy, the shocks.. On the Rustler I upgraded them with the GTR Shocks, which are the same on the E-Revo 2.0 (same scale of the Notorious), and I thought they were beefy and sturdy. Compared with those on the Notorious they are so tiny they look like from a Nikko of the '80.
All those words to say that once you go Arrma you never go back.
Cheers guys

Be fair and call a spade a spade. Look through this forum and see how the same things on the Notorious/Outcast break all the time. See all the different recommend upgrades. Why isn't that am issue for you but it is on the Kraton 8s? Because you own a Notorious and not the new Kraton? ?

The point is that the truck that you own is more prone to breaking then the new Kraton 8s. I believe it is not as durable. Why don't you have a proem with that?

Be fair and call a spade a spade. Look through this forum and see how the same things on the Notorious/Outcast break all the time. See all the different recommend upgrades. Why isn't that am issue for you but it is on the Kraton 8s? Because you own a Notorious and not the new Kraton? ?
I don't really get your point yet. Like my notorious and I don't like Kraton 8s. Is it plausible to you or should I like it anyway or I am an "asshole" as you called me just for not like it? Can I have my opinion?

I don't really get your point yet. Like my notorious and I don't like Kraton 8s. Is it plausible to you or should I like it anyway or I am an "asshole" as you called me just for not like it? Can I have my opinion?
Opinions should be at least based on fact ? You don't like the K8S because of the same issues your Notorious has ??? We're done. You are as transparent as glass and I really hope the "I don't understand" schtick is an act and that you really aren't that dense. Peace, brother! ???

@Ray87 Even @bicketybam has criticized the truck. But you decided to embellish and hyperbolize. When Ed called you out for it, you got butt hurt. Instead you could have walked back your comments and been more fair and all would have been fine.

I haven't said anything wrong, the word butt hurt sound so innmature. Please just let people have their meaning without try to start drama. Drama seems to occur often on this forum. Now i see why people leaving and want them to delete their accounts.

I haven't said anything wrong, the word butt hurt sound so innmature. Please just let people have their meaning without try to start drama. Drama seems to occur often on this forum. Now i see why people leaving and want them to delete their accounts.
You started the drama. Period. Now you wanna point the finger. Take a look in the mirror instead.

Back