Limitless New project! Custom chassis. "King Carbon"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF2C6873-EABB-4FA9-AAFE-C7912EB8D82B.jpeg

That's a pretty servo setup right there boys 😍♥️
And the batwing gets me goin too!! What a beauty
567A5674-0D47-4C64-B6AD-39257247228F.jpeg

Very happy with how this turned out!! Wanted to cover the honeycombs in the front splitter to make it all look smoother and so I made a carbon piece tonight to go right over it. 😁😁 And I deanodized my shocks which look great

44AD04A8-5B65-49D1-9453-D01C78BAC8A6.jpeg

4BBC2C90-704C-4633-920E-490BA5B53AE5.jpeg

I think you just earned a new nickname - Mr. Carbon Fiber

So what's next..?
DIY your own carbon fiber wheels!? 💪😆👊

That is one beautiful build man! Really!
Thank you thank you 🙌🏼 More to come baby!! Body, servo arm, and more vitavon goodies arriving tomorrow 😈 I'll be able to get it on wheels tomorrow. And then I have a new idea as of today for a special touch on the wheels that I can't wait for 🔥🔥

I'll be making custom chassis braces with carbon too which should be pretty sick. Carbon T2T brace coming too, just going to be so beautiful 😍😍
I think you just earned a new nickname - Mr. Carbon Fiber

So what's next..?
DIY your own carbon fiber wheels!? 💪😆👊
I'll take it lol!! This stuff has become my favorite material it's so awesome.

I would LOVE to have real solid carbon wheels but my idea will have to suffice for the time being 😈 💪🏼💪🏼

Ooooo boy she's getting PRETTY. I'm going to take the silver T2T mounts off, probably go hot racing and that will look nice. But man!!! What a stance!!

Also got my purple vitavon parts in 😈 ultimately I would like to get bulkheads and lower suspension mounts from them in the same color as arms
188B09EE-13EC-41CF-BE44-EEAADD51A534.jpeg
45B1373E-E20B-48C2-B80F-AFC21E4C24BC.jpeg
B9B3A3C5-BB62-407B-8A15-FDE0BA0C3668.jpeg

6900B217-72C9-40AF-88AB-F133FD7F3B5E.jpeg

Some updates! Got the side guards and servo mounted. Got HR servo arm (deanodized the red part) and HR front and rear T2T mounts. Also deanodized my rear shocks. Should have some more parts this week 😁😁

6D69008E-ACC9-4E46-BAD2-58B7C3B4B68C.jpeg

B6E4600F-A952-4DCB-9518-B71E559D7B06.jpeg

39D508C7-3E00-45FB-B1B1-B1A72B66819C.jpeg

I really love how your build is turning out. Man, I'm here wanting to do the same, yet I know mine is going to crash once or twice(ok, that's optimism speaking) so going overboard on bling makes little sense. But yours is some serious eye candy!

I really love how your build is turning out. Man, I'm here wanting to do the same, yet I know mine is going to crash once or twice(ok, that's optimism speaking) so going overboard on bling makes little sense. But yours is some serious eye candy!
I'm at a point that I'm not sure how much this thing is going to get run. The more I work on it the less I have the desire to see scratches...... I'll run it a little I suppose. But thank you 😁😁 can't wait to see your progress

Those wheels....one thing I love about about this build thread is its very inspiring. The foams I ordered for my TT02 speed build came in the other day and as much as I love those carbon wheels, I would have preferred a dish style wheel. Especially as it's going to do speed runs. And then you come along and light the way ahead for me. You obviously have decent tools and knowledge in their use because those covers look mint and show precision and patience. Now I fully understand a concept that I always thought was stupid. The Shelf Queen. I really do get it now because if I owned that build, I would seriously lose my sh1t over a single spec of dirt on it.
Really love how you pay attention to details others would overlook. And to think you are far from done.......
20230301_023024.jpg

@StephenSchandelmayer

Should You or should I spill the beans on how to manufacture those sweet ,sweet speed covers? 😉
Not only should you spill the beans but you must also allow said beans to spill onto a Paypal invoice for me to purchase a set or two...I can provide an email. PM me please...

Love how this build is coming along!
An idea/suggestion.... You could make a TP Power motor silver by sanding and polishing the can. I wonder if you could anodize the end caps purple to match the rest?

Beautiful man!! That is an absolutely beautiful build.
Thank you 🙌🏼🙌🏼😁 it's really coming together nicely. Looking at it in person is pretty seriously awesome.
View attachment 282059

Those Custom CF Wheel Covers...

Adam Sandler GIF
You know it!!!! They came out so perfect. Hole saw is my new best friend
Those wheels....one thing I love about about this build thread is its very inspiring. The foams I ordered for my TT02 speed build came in the other day and as much as I love those carbon wheels, I would have preferred a dish style wheel. Especially as it's going to do speed runs. And then you come along and light the way ahead for me. You obviously have decent tools and knowledge in their use because those covers look mint and show precision and patience. Now I fully understand a concept that I always thought was stupid. The Shelf Queen. I really do get it now because if I owned that build, I would seriously lose my sh1t over a single spec of dirt on it.
Really love how you pay attention to details others would overlook. And to think you are far from done.......View attachment 282076
I love to inspire! When I have an rc project I spend too much time thinking about it lol. Just sitting in my room staring at it to think of what the hell I could do next. But yes dude I'm the same, never had shelf queen but damnit this might be it!

Love how this build is coming along!
An idea/suggestion.... You could make a TP Power motor silver by sanding and polishing the can. I wonder if you could anodize the end caps purple to match the rest?
I always wondered about that sort of thing. I use oven cleaner to take the color off and make a silver finish but if you dipped an entire motor in that stuff would it damage the internals of the motor? What about just unscrewing the endcaps and dipping those? Thoughts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back