XRT Ultimate arrived.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! And when I finally went to remove them to put these on (haven't touched it since I posted they cracked) I realized 3 out of 4 were cracked and completely useless.
Were you running them in cold weather? I have cracked several of the TRX 8s wheels in the cold. What a shame, I really like the tread pattern of the stock Xmaxx tires TBH., but between crappy foams, weak wheels and the tires just blowing apart .. why bother.
I am Interested in the Sledgehammer 8s, but not if they're belted. Thing is, they're so expensive that I don't want to "risk it" for $130-$140 a set.. might just as well pony up for some 8s BF'S for the money. I know those wheels/tires hold up. But then, the offset issues..😕

It was probably 36°. Either way, what I was doing, there's NO reason in my mind they should be broken.

I'll keep you posted how these hold up!

I have seen folks buy the wheel nuts that also allow for use of Arrma 8s wheels and tires on TRX rigs, seems to be a hit for many.

As @KnowAir mentioned you have to dial down your steering trim or use hub extenders due to the wheel offsets being a little different.

I have seen folks buy the wheel nuts that also allow for use of Arrma 8s wheels and tires on TRX rigs, seems to be a hit for many.

As @KnowAir mentioned you have to dial down your steering trim or use hub extenders due to the wheel offsets being a little different.
I have +10mm extended hubs and the Arrma wheels still rub. I run them anyways, LOL. Been 2 years, the upper and lower arms have some gouges, as do the steer links.. what's weird is the Arrma wheels show no visible wear at all, Arrma tough baby!! :cool: 👍 😁

You should double check the tire glue. Last time I bought powerhobby 1/5th paddle tires they were literally unglued in spots.
Definitely a common theme with premounted tires/wheels from virtually all the manufacturers in my experience. Basically a never ending QC battle for them I think..
I've had TRX tires that were loose out of the box, partially glued, others where it seems the glue was there, but just didn't hold. In which case I suspect there was oil or something on either the tire or the wheel that prevented the glue from holding..but then, I have the Gravix that you so kindly gifted to me and they seem really well glued. Also, I just bought a set of TRX Gravix 2.8 premounts for my sct410.3 that look really good too..my and my brothers Xmaxx stockers were constantly coming unglued. I eventually took the best 4 from our 2 sets and soaked them in a bucket of acetone to get them completely seperated, foams were shot.. after making my own foam inserts and regluing those 4, even with cheap glue from Dollar General, they held like a champ!!
Not meaning to beat up on TRX here, Ive seen similar from Duratrax, Arrma, and even Jconcepts Fling Kings..

Back