Official “No Prep Dragracing” Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be Ready

Built, Broke, Rebuilt, Repeat...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Thank WoodiE for the vine about No Prep Dragracing. Use this thread to show everyone your Racin’ Rig Pictures. Talk tuning and post video’s... Anything with Drag racing RC’s. So first question to throw out there is “Roll Call” How many people on here are dipping there toes in the RC No Prep Drag racing scene.... Are you interested?

Last edited:
The next race...

89476A6A-0C3B-46A8-AB1A-8FEB4D592B95.jpeg

Good timing on a NPDR thread as I was just starting to look at rollers, kits, and RTR's and trying to make a decision. Been watching all the youtube vids I can stand, and honestly Im stuck. Likely going with the Losi 22 roller and build from there, as I already have most of the junk to make it go and whoa, and have a few 1/10th short course car bodies that could be used for straight line bodies. We'll see, but going to try and make a decision this weekend while I have a little free time on my hands. My LHS has the both the DR10 kit and several colors of their RTR set up, and also they have the Losi 22 roller back in stock. Ahhhh choices choices LOL
Im not one of the lucky ones to have a half worn out Traxxas to convert LOL...only Sentons that still need to perform their current 4x4 duties.

This might be a stupid question (and I haven't looked it up), but what exactly is meant by 'no prep' - does that mean RTR?

I’m in!
D4A334DB-F73D-44A6-A079-4D2CF38ECE55.jpeg

This might be a stupid question (and I haven't looked it up), but what exactly is meant by 'no prep' - does that mean RTR?
No prep just means no tire or track prep. Aka rc/vht

A newbie at it bought the Losi Camaro. Added 23 t looking at the wheelie bars and shocks made some adjustments and filled them. Still learning. Rear metal shocks on order.

IMG_20210628_141313542.jpg

IMG_20210624_163229347_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
It pertains to the TRACK and the surface not being "prepped'. No fancy stick'em spray allowed. Also new at this but as far as I understand you are limited to 2s batteries and I think 2 wheel drive but not for sure about that one, as Im literally just starting to read/learn about it this week.

Back