Official AliExpress Wheel Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I glued up my BE Goodrich's last night, well, did the inner beads last night, outer beads this morning. What a PIA those are to glue!! Wow, thick beads (outer) on these!! Hard to get them reseated after prying the tire bead out to glue.. Hopefully they hold, and are straight, I got alot invested here!! $40 bucks for the tires/wheels, $1 dollar for 4 tubes of DG super glue!! I spared no expense!! :p :ROFLMAO: 🍻
Balancing with clay will certainly help longevity!

Balancing with clay will certainly help longevity!
Where do you put the clay? I have balanced MT tires before, but that was some years ago. With such tight clearance between the sct wheels and the hub, I can't see much of anything staying put on the inside of the wheels?
I'll wait to see how they spin as is. The Fortress 6s are pretty smooth without anything to balance them. The Mirage TT's are super smooth too. Good thing, cuz judging by how scraped up the insides of the wheels are, I can't see any balance materials staying put in there.

Where do you put the clay? I have balanced MT tires before, but that was some years ago. With such tight clearance between the sct wheels and the hub, I can't see much of anything staying put on the inside of the wheels?
My paddles didn't need much, but just pushed tight between the spokes. On my GRPs I just packed them right on the inside smooth ring like a 1:1 scale wheel and they've stayed on over 140+mph. Surface prep with acetone will adhere best if you're worried.
1714141701902.png

My paddles didn't need much, but just pushed tight between the spokes. On my GRPs I just packed them right on the inside smooth ring like a 1:1 scale wheel and they've stayed on over 140+mph. Surface prep with acetone will adhere best if you're worried.
View attachment 363187
Ah, good idea.Thanks!! I really should take the time to balance, even if only on the larger tires.

Ah, good idea.Thanks!! I really should take the time to balance, even if only on the larger tires.
Free spin them with the motor installed on a stand before and after, you'll never run unbalanced again! Even the smaller off-road rigs put so much stress, vibrations, and change drivetrain handling characteristics.

I'll wait to see how they spin as is. The Fortress 6s are pretty smooth without anything to balance them. The Mirage TT's are super smooth too. Good thing, cuz judging by how scraped up the insides of the wheels are, I can't see any balance materials staying put in there.

I'd use small strips of aluminum A/C duct tape to balance my wheels..

They stick really good to the plastic rims and can take the dust, dirt and wet stuff well.
Just make sure the surface is clean Before applying.

Free spin them with the motor installed on a stand before and after, you'll never run unbalanced again! Even the smaller off-road rigs put so much stress, vibrations, and change drivetrain handling characteristics.
You'd think I would never run unbalanced again, LOL. Laziness is a powerful thing!! HaHa! Like I said, about 12 years ago I went and balanced all my MT tires, I used what I had on hand at the time, split shot sinkers and hot glue! 🤷‍♂️ :p
It was a night and day difference TBH. I used a spare hub, and stub, clamped in a vice. Spin them till the heavy side settled at the bottom and added weight to the side pointing up.. but, that was then, I can see them wobbling in the air after hitting a jump sometimes, that's pretty bad!

What tool can I use to balance tires? Can I do it on the car? If not, are cheap ones good?
I use the team associated tool, but you can make one with a hex/stub/hub and 3D print stand.

IMG_2471.jpeg

Last edited:
Do they fit the 6s Mojave? Is the off set the same?
The hubs rub but they will self clearance and not cause any issues if you don’t have a mill. I bought two sets (8) right when they came out for $60.

My treads have been modified for additional grip, more mass for centrifugal force/better air control than fortress.

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0237.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

I don't have a Mojave myself, and the offset of the mojave tires but did run them on my fireteam.

@Sandracer_NL Do the DR8 tires fit on the mojave in terms of offset?
Wheel itself fits (nearly identical specs), but you may want to do a dry fit and slowly run the wheels. The wheel hexes of those wheels are about 5.1mm deep, whereas the stock Mojave wheel hexes are 5.0mm thick.
If you run the stock Mojave hexes and the wheel hexes are not properly shimmed, there will be minimal rubbing with the front blocks/rear carriers until they are ‘naturally’ grinded.😄

IMG_0897.jpeg

Wheel itself fits (nearly identical specs), but you may want to do a dry fit and slowly run the wheels. The wheel hexes of those wheels are about 5.1mm deep, whereas the stock Mojave wheel hexes are 5.0mm thick.
If you run the stock Mojave hexes and the wheel hexes are not properly shimmed, there will be minimal rubbing with the front blocks/rear carriers until they are ‘naturally’ grinded.😄

View attachment 363279
She's a beaut!!😁👌🍻
I'd like to add that the TC hub adapters work perfectly for Mojo/Typhon 6s. They're considerably deeper than the Arrma adapters, so no need to worry about wheel hex depth. They space the wheels out far enough that most any 17mm hex wheel will clear the hub.
https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=C-00180-329

Screenshot_20240427-093216_Samsung Internet.jpg

She's a beaut!!😁👌🍻
I'd like to add that the TC hub adapters work perfectly for Mojo/Typhon 6s. They're considerably deeper than the Arrma adapters, so no need to worry about wheel hex depth. They space the wheels out far enough that most any 17mm hex wheel will clear the hub.
https://jennysrc.com/search?type=product&q=C-00180-329

View attachment 363289
Thanks. I totally wrecked that body though after a day of jumping and trying to do backflips with it. I managed do do a few, but the cost me some 💸 🤣.
Good to see TC is compatible 👍.
I run the M2C hexes (+2mm) so no rubbing and no more wheels flying off😄.

Thanks. I totally wrecked that body though after a day of jumping and trying to do backflips with it. I managed do do a few, but the cost me some 💸 🤣.
Good to see TC is compatible 👍.
I run the M2C hexes (+2mm) so no rubbing and no more wheels flying off😄.
Ouch, pricey body too!! Nice, I never owned any M2C myself. My bro has a few pieces of their's, quality. I just can't see spending that much. LOL.
I've heard of folks loosing wheel nuts on the Mojo, haven't experienced it myself. 🤞😉🍻

Ouch, pricey body too!! Nice, I never owned any M2C myself. My bro has a few pieces of their's, quality. I just can't see spending that much. LOL.
I've heard of folks loosing wheel nuts on the Mojo, haven't experienced it myself. 🤞😉🍻
Those wheels hexes are the only M2C parts I have😉. When I see those ‘beefcaked M2C’ cars I always go like, that looks really nice and really expensive!😂
Edit: and really heavy😄

Back