Typhon Opinion about the 3s t bone racing bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy a justbashitrc chassis or the M2C chassis along with shock tower braces! Nothing is indestructible but their both VERY STRONG!!

Recommend you replace the front stock bumper to am M2C front hinge pin Brace then run you're aftermarket bumpers T-bone or rpm (which I opted for) ?
We are talking about the 4-3s line there is not m2c chassi for them

I have them on most of my cars, only got the 4s kraton bumper 2-3 weeks ago and now I’m p##sd off, I got sent the old one. Plus I had one on a Senton 3s that lasted one bash and snapped hinge pin block clean off from factory screws working loose I’d say. Sheerd the screws out of bumper leaving massive bolt holes. They sent me the cross piece but not the broken main bumper, then they’ve sent bumper and no screws or hardware.
But at end of the day the gnome bumper is to heavy for the senton3s and I won’t bother putting it back on.
all the other bumpers seem decent on my rig.

Hello everyone who has arrma 3s front and rear bumpers! We have FINALLY have reworked the Hinge pin retainer issue there is a front and rear HPC option on our website, we are offering them free just pay shipping online! I will provide a link to the listings.

Rear
https://tboneracing.net/products/10128-arrma-3s-rear-replacement-hinge-pin-cover-by-tbr

Front
https://tboneracing.net/products/10128-arrma-3s-replacement-hinge-pin-cover-by-tbr

Sorry guys! we've been busy on other social media platforms - don't get around on the ARRMA forums much. We appreciate our followers and customers so much! Please follow us on facebook and Instagram for updates and conversations for everything we have our hands in these days!

- Jeff Grafton
Co-Owner T-Bone Racing
Co-Owner TBR BUILDS

Hello everyone who has arrma 3s front and rear bumpers! We have FINALLY have reworked the Hinge pin retainer issue there is a front and rear HPC option on our website, we are offering them free just pay shipping online! I will provide a link to the listings.

Rear
https://tboneracing.net/products/10128-arrma-3s-rear-replacement-hinge-pin-cover-by-tbr

Front
https://tboneracing.net/products/10128-arrma-3s-replacement-hinge-pin-cover-by-tbr

Sorry guys! we've been busy on other social media platforms - don't get around on the ARRMA forums much. We appreciate our followers and customers so much! Please follow us on facebook and Instagram for updates and conversations for everything we have our hands in these days!

- Jeff Grafton
Co-Owner T-Bone Racing
Co-Owner TBR BUILDS
Thanks Jeff. Hopefully I can get use out of my two 3S basher bumpers now. Lord knows I need them.

Rear

Front

- Jeff Grafton
Co-Owner T-Bone Racing
Co-Owner TBR BUILDS
Thank you Jeff! I don't own any 3s Arrma rigs but I know there's a lot here that do. Thank you for doing this! ???

YIKES! a piece of aluminum angle? Seems like a temporary solution to a permanent problem... may even be adding more issues..

1) this will not cure the block provided from breaking (if your even going to provide them anymore)

2) now there will be a plate under the bumper leaving a open cavity in the center section from rear of the aluminum angle to the rearward mounting screw ( not ideal since the bumper is designed and molded to fit the factory recess in the chassis) this will also create more pressure on the rearward screw hole of the bumper encouraging "pull throughs"....

3) the aluminum being as rigid as it is will now be bending the long front screw or even worse pulling the threads clean out of the upper diff case/tower...

I think the proper solution has been there all along and you havnt capitalized on it...

All you needed to do was utilize the top two factory bumper tower mounting lugs.. a nylon plate that slips over and mounts to those lugs, then extends down to a retaining recess that entraps the hinge plate... done... problem solved!

I understand this takes mold making money, and time...but I'd rather wait for a proper solution... this seems more like a "they don't know any better, and just shut them up" kind of fix.. again, a temporary solution to a permanent problem..

I will pass on the hodge podge fix... sorry if this seems like a personal attack on tbone, it is not.. I have defended tbone in this very thread on lack of response.. so I have nothing against tbone... but I'd expect a team that makes good money on thier products to take some pride in thier work, rather than grabbing a couple pennies worth of aluminum angle and popping a hole in it...

Disappointed is all...

I will be designing the above mentioned plate in cad.. any interested in the files are welcome to them... I will also offer to 3d print them for anyone who doesn't have access to a printer, my only request is the cost of the plastic and shipping..

I'm doing this to help the arrma community, because this issue needs to be addressed..

I will post pics of the final part...

BINGO! Prototype done!

Attachments

• 20191027_105801.jpg
    20191027_105801.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20191027_105910.jpg
    20191027_105910.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191027_105939.jpg
    20191027_105939.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191027_105950.jpg
    20191027_105950.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 63
  • 20191027_151741.jpg
    20191027_151741.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20191027_151805.jpg
    20191027_151805.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20191027_151813.jpg
    20191027_151813.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 67
here is the stl on thingiverse for those interested in printing your own.... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3942994

if anyone has issues let me know and ill send the file directly to you....

enjoy it guys!

That was not the bumpers fault!

completely agree, but the without the bumper I would have probably bent or broke the shocks. Probably not broken the chassis in half.I would have still damaged it badly, I just think there is got to be something more minimalist and better.

completely agree, but the without the bumper I would have probably bent or broke the shocks. Probably not broken the chassis in half.I would have still damaged it badly, I just think there is got to be something more minimalist and better.

That amount of force WITHOUT a bumper to at least absorb some of it would have done more than just bend shocks bud, you were FLYING! and I'm sorry you broke your rig!

There is, the factory front bumper... but if your hitting things with enough speed and force to snap the chassis in half, there isn't a bumper out there that will help... no matter how much better you may think it is...

BINGO! Prototype done!
So I love this design. I even printed one before my bumpers arrived! Unfortunately it doesn't fit with the Guardian front bumper.
20191103_083114.jpg

But then again neither does the stop gap solution!
20191103_083603.jpg

I shaved the bottom off the 3d printer part and it fits much better. If the front was angled it would fit even better.
20191103_084539.jpg

Thanks for your work on this part man!

It actually fits exactly like the factory design.. if you mount the block they provided.. (if they did) you will see its very very similar to the mounting fit of the block... and as you can see the aluminum angle is a bad idea... lol..

Glad you got one printed up.. but you don't need to cut the bottom...
Also print it upright.. it will look much nicer
The pressure provided by the bumper on the part is a good thing..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back