Outcast Opinions please before I purchase this outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a chance at getting a v1 or v2 outcast 6s. Not sure what version but I know it’s older because the guy said it’s few years old and it’s the orange color body which is older. It’s brand new never ran with box just older version. Asking $380. Is it worth it or I’m better off waiting and spending more for a new current one? Here’s some pics of it attatched

B9F87FA7-811A-4E30-8613-E14F515972C9.png

9F416A32-B31C-47D1-8F9D-8B6A440B892A.png

FB2EEE1E-54B9-45FD-90F3-D5DC61093A92.png

E87AA34C-5F40-47CD-9C5F-817E06EC2BA9.png

Last edited:
Yeah might buy it. Was just getting opinion on if it’s worth waiting and saving bit more for a brand new version. Or just grabbing this if it’s not known to be problematic and save the $200. Like I said I’m pretty new to hobby and only other rc I have is a typhon 6s v2. So don’t really need the newest and greatest if it’s not needed.

So in your opinion Slick is that a brand new one for $200 more is actually the better buy? $380 vs $570+tx
The only parts I would say are needed to be upgraded out of the box are:

Rubber Sealed Bearings
Aluminum Chassis Braces
Diff fluids and shims

Optional:
Sliding Motor Mount

I would buy it. 👍🏻

I just got a V4 off ebay used for $300, but it had upgraded front and rear bumpers, and an upgraded Tx and Rx. And it is AWESOME.

I think the V2 has an older ESC (with XT90s?) so overall definitely not fair to say the truck you are looking at goes for $549 new, because it does not. I would keep an eye on ebay and buy a used Outcast/Notorious in lieu of an older model if your budget is set. Otherwise, hey, buy the new Notorious! $350 + shipping is a good deal, but not great.

I just got a V4 off ebay used for $300, but it had upgraded front and rear bumpers, and an upgraded Tx and Rx. And it is AWESOME.

I think the V2 has an older ESC (with XT90s?) so overall definitely not fair to say the truck you are looking at goes for $549 new, because it does not. I would keep an eye on ebay and buy a used Outcast/Notorious in lieu of an older model if your budget is set. Otherwise, hey, buy the new Notorious! $350 + shipping is a good deal, but not great.

That sounds like a great deal. I just figured eBay would be over priced

@SentFlying that's a great deal. Deals are definitely there on eBay. I specifically targeted a used Outcoast/Notorious because I like upgrading.

Big downside to ebay deals of course is timing. I had to look for about 1.5 months to find a good deal. :cautious:

@SentFlying that's a great deal. Deals are definitely there on eBay. I specifically targeted a used Outcoast/Notorious because I like upgrading.

Big downside to ebay deals of course is timing. I had to look for about 1.5 months to find a good deal. :cautious:
Go local with cash in hand if possible. I bought mine at a police station from an officer asking $500 for all.
But due to tje nature of this hobby these bad boys value drop like a Maserati🙄😜

I have a chance at getting a v1 or v2 outcast 6s. Not sure what version but I know it’s older because the guy said it’s few years old and it’s the orange color body which is older. It’s brand new never ran with box just older version. Asking $380. Is it worth it or I’m better off waiting and spending more for a new current one? Here’s some pics of it attatched

View attachment 121128

View attachment 121129

View attachment 121130

View attachment 121131
looks like it hasent been out of the box. the only thing i did is get is a red chassis stiffner from jennys rc on ebay and your all set, I bashed the snot out of it really hard and did not break anything. I paid $499 for my v1

Yeah. He’s claiming it was never used. Pics seem like it. I go see it tomorrow afternoon. Going to take a pair of batteries to give it a test to make sure runs atleast
If it was me, once I got it home, I'd go thru the diffs. I bought a mojavified Outcast and ran it as is. After about a few packs on only 4S, blew the front diff ring and pinion. Supposedly the seller went thru the diffs, no shims and low fluid to me on all three.

Other than that, check your endpoints and bash on!👍🏼

Back