Ran into hostile person at the park while running my rigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made it so hard to be rational and obey the law, @#ARRMArcfanboy4life. I've been forced into becoming a covert ninja pirate criminal pilot now. I live in a really dense area, so I need to head for the boonies to fly. But my Arrma flies pretty good, I can FPV it (fun!), and use spaces close to my house. Just don't lay in the grass at the neighborhood park, you might get a needle stick and a kack smear at the same time, because people are pigs.

Well here, a motorized vehicle is a vehicle that conveys peopIe... mopeds, electric bikes scooters etc. RC's are toys.

Ehh not sure that's correct...
If I'm not mistaken, that wording is purposefully chosen as a "catch-all". Our RC "toy" cars can absolutely be considered motorized vehicles, especially in the eyes of the law.

Ehh not sure that's correct...
If I'm not mistaken, that wording is purposefully chosen as a "catch-all". Our RC "toy" cars can absolutely be considered motorized vehicles, especially in the eyes of the law.
In all honesty it depends on how the ordinances are written. Like for instance the town I live in a motorized vehicle is defined as any motorized vehicle that can carry 1 or more persons. Now the Forest Service on the other hand defines a motorized vehicle as any vehicle that can propel itself. One of the local crawler guys found this out the hard way and got hit with a $550 fine.

In all honesty it depends on how the ordinances are written. Like for instance the town I live in a motorized vehicle is defined as any motorized vehicle that can carry 1 or more persons. Now the Forest Service on the other hand defines a motorized vehicle as any vehicle that can propel itself. One of the local crawler guys found this out the hard way and got hit with a $550 fine.

Good point. I guess the takeaway is to educate ourselves on the local ordnances, and not just assume that our RC cars don't fall into that category.

I was looking into the rc plane thing (I know a really good place to fly them) but with the new FAA regulation about the tracking devices on the planes (they require bluetooth and the area I am flying in will not have bluetooth or cell service) or you must fly at a certified flying zone (as designated by the FAA) I do not know of any within an hour of where I live...so no rc planes or fvp drones (I really wanted to do fvp drones)

Ha, I live about 2 minutes from an airport. My DJI drone gets pissed if I fly more than like 15m up.

I'm going to be honest here. No matter what has happened at the park (from angry man yelling at me, to homeless guy going crazy, to dude on bike getting off and throwing karate kicks while rapping. He was horrible at rapping 🤣) I just keep playing with my toys 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I feel for us all with the "public". I actually don't have a decent day unless im threatened or cussed real good. Middle finger makes me smile now even.....but driving my rig only draws a crowd of on lookers and ppl asking/reaching almost to play with it. My day job is a writing parking tickets. U wanna see some one 😠. Write them a ticket $31. Then boot the car. When dude is on a first date. Lmao😂🤣🤣
Sooooo we should just go to the skate...yes skate parks and kick them out. Then its a RC park. Lmao just kidding.

Last edited:
😂 Hey, that dude is at my park, too!
There is a dude here that walks around town rapping, a guy who stands on the corner playing hacky sack, a dude that looks like Abe Lincoln that rides his bike up and down the street and a guy that everyone refers to as "crazy wheelchair guy" because he will just roll on across the street no matter if there are cars coming or not, I have personally seen him get hit twice, he even has a yield sign on the back of his wheelchair :ROFLMAO:

There is a dude here that walks around town rapping, a guy who stands on the corner playing hacky sack, a dude that looks like Abe Lincoln that rides his bike up and down the street and a guy that everyone refers to as "crazy wheelchair guy" because he will just roll on across the street no matter if there are cars coming or not, I have personally seen him get hit twice, he even has a yield sign on the back of his wheelchair :ROFLMAO:
U must live where I work. Today was a black drunk guy "singng" a Capella top of his lugs 80s rock love ballads off of the walking bridge. The harmonica guy is actually pretty good. And the no legged guitar vet really kicks @$$!

$550 for playing with a freaking toy? OMG, that is so over the top. And the forest service cop gave this person that ticket with a straight face? Really?

My limited experience has shown most people think our "toys" are awesome. Have had a couple Karen's telling me it's "scaring their dog." Funny how the dogs were giving no indication of being bothered. No matter what you do you're going to piss someone off.
I have a generally good experience at my regular spot. The kids definitely get a kick out of it. You do have to be careful around dogs. Some are fine, but others will have an irresistible urge to chase your RC. It just looks too much like prey to them. I always assess a dog and their owner's reaction before continuing to drive. Some owners are fine with their dog getting all excited, others are clearly annoyed if they have to prevent their dog from chasing.

I had a lady who literally put her child into harms way by continuously pushing her 2-3 year old child into the dirt track I was running on.. I finally said ... soooo you’d like a turn on the track then? She even had the nerve to say “well I’m just not sure if this track is for kids or rcs” ... It’s a bmx dirt track with jumps.. pretty sure it’s not for your 3 year old to play on ... lol

I could tell she just wanted to push me out, for no other reason than being a Karen. He played on it for a few minutes then got bored... as I think a 3 year old would on a bmx track with his bike with training wheels 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bwhahahaaa. F'n Karens
Bwhahahaaa. F'n Karens
With a little karen in training.

Believe me, bashing dogshit is both unintentional and unavoidable. Please be a good citizen if you walk your dog.
I have a motorbike, and since I do not have a garage, I put it in front of the house, with a cover. There is one guy with a dog that walks his dog early in the morning, and let his dog piss on my motorbike cover. I've had to tell the guy multiple times to keep his dog away from my motorbike. The last time I told hiim, he replied he found it funny that when you are preparing in the morning, you get your hands covered in dog piss. When he said that, I took out my phone, took a picture of him and his dog and went to the police to put down a complaint. Turns out letting your dog piss on someone else's property can be considered voluntary property damage. Judge told him to pay me 4 motorbike covers, 59 euro each, plus trial costs etc, and his lawyer. I just went to court by myself with purchase proofs. Best part is, only 1 cover actually got ruined by his dog pissing on it, the other 3 either broke or were stolen :D
Since then, there's a big paper on the window stating "This motorbike is not a pisspole! It's disgusting and disrespectful". Didn't get pissed on since. Never saw the guy walking his dog in front of my house again, he crosses the street now. Other dog owners started crossing the street also for some reason... Never had any piss on my hands either. Anyways, that was a little side story.

The big park in the city I live in has signs pointing out that RC cars above 10km/h are not allowed. I've been kicked out of the park twice for driving my Kraton full speed on the soccer field when it was snowing. The park guards were nice about it, they asked me nicely, and even though they also found it really cool, they had to enforce the rules. I can understand, it is a very big family park with lots of small children running around, so yeah, didn't go there again.

I've not had any other bad encounters (yet). Most people stop on the side, watching a little bit. Once there was this little child that also wanted to try, but I had to tell him no. His father stayed on the side, he was on the phone, and his kid stayed next to me. I just kept the car away from us as to not have any accidents. The thing is, as mentioned before by others, be respectful and nice, and people tend to leave you alone. I sometimes even ask nearby people if it's ok if I drive around a little bit, still have to get the first 'no'.

I have a motorbike, and since I do not have a garage, I put it in front of the house, with a cover. There is one guy with a dog that walks his dog early in the morning, and let his dog piss on my motorbike cover. I've had to tell the guy multiple times to keep his dog away from my motorbike. The last time I told hiim, he replied he found it funny that when you are preparing in the morning, you get your hands covered in dog piss. When he said that, I took out my phone, took a picture of him and his dog and went to the police to put down a complaint. Turns out letting your dog piss on someone else's property can be considered voluntary property damage. Judge told him to pay me 4 motorbike covers, 59 euro each, plus trial costs etc, and his lawyer. I just went to court by myself with purchase proofs. Best part is, only 1 cover actually got ruined by his dog pissing on it, the other 3 either broke or were stolen :D
Since then, there's a big paper on the window stating "This motorbike is not a pisspole! It's disgusting and disrespectful". Didn't get pissed on since. Never saw the guy walking his dog in front of my house again, he crosses the street now. Other dog owners started crossing the street also for some reason... Never had any piss on my hands either. Anyways, that was a little side story.

The big park in the city I live in has signs pointing out that RC cars above 10km/h are not allowed. I've been kicked out of the park twice for driving my Kraton full speed on the soccer field when it was snowing. The park guards were nice about it, they asked me nicely, and even though they also found it really cool, they had to enforce the rules. I can understand, it is a very big family park with lots of small children running around, so yeah, didn't go there again.

I've not had any other bad encounters (yet). Most people stop on the side, watching a little bit. Once there was this little child that also wanted to try, but I had to tell him no. His father stayed on the side, he was on the phone, and his kid stayed next to me. I just kept the car away from us as to not have any accidents. The thing is, as mentioned before by others, be respectful and nice, and people tend to leave you alone. I sometimes even ask nearby people if it's ok if I drive around a little bit, still have to get the first 'no'.

I commend you! Why can’t we have a law that says that guy is entitled to a formal A$$ whoopin?!! Personally, I’d feel better about it that way. People like that deserve a broken face.

$550 for playing with a freaking toy? OMG, that is so over the top. And the forest service cop gave this person that ticket with a straight face? Really?
The messed up part is they didn't give it to him personally, they gave it to him like a month after they did an investigation.........

The messed up part is they didn't give it to him personally, they gave it to him like a month after they did an investigation.........
Investigation? They actually wasted all that time and money on something so stupid? Wow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back