Kraton RPM - Arrma 6s V5 / EXB A-arms!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't care less what it costs. But I want a better front upper arm. I broke the EXB 3 times now. The new RPM upper arm design is a very promising.

Edit:
Oh, and I've never had to replace an RPM arm on any car before.Isn't that worth the $9 to you?
Not in your court on this one. Maybe upper arms wouldn’t suffer Spaghetti Noodle Syndrome (SNS from now going forward) as badly as the lower arms, but Ill never buy another RPM product for anything heavier than a 2wd Slash. And only then if Traxxas is sold out on their HD arms and I’m scheduling a multi-family bash-fest.
Hey, RPM A-Arms don't come with droop screws, because they droop just fine all on their own! RPM arms are as rubbery as Chris Rock's legs when the Fresh Prince is approaching. RPM arms hold their shape about as well as a length of chain laid straight then picked up from one end. RPM arms bend like Microsoft pushing back a release date. RPM arms sag like yo momma's chest after a meth binge. RPM arms make your CVD shafts' lives harder than a midget in a wrestling ring. RPM arms have more twists than a bonus season at the end of a HBO series run. RPM arms are more useless than Gumby trying to bang Pokey with whiskey d*ck. Should I keep going and risk getting banned?
This ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️. All of this! Dang dude, if you held a gun to my head and made me choose the one result in all of my decades of forum use that summed up an answer best, this would be it. Thanks for the laugh, man!

Yeah I will never buy them against except perhaps for a light 1/10 scale car. Too much bendage.

Not in your court on this one. Maybe upper arms wouldn’t suffer Spaghetti Noodle Syndrome (SNS from now going forward) as badly as the lower arms, but Ill never buy another RPM product for anything heavier than a 2wd Slash. And only then if Traxxas is sold out on their HD arms and I’m scheduling a multi-family bash-fest.

This ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️. All of this! Dang dude, if you held a gun to my head and made me choose the one result in all of my decades of forum use that summed up an answer best, this would be it. Thanks for the laugh, man!

Ummm...okay well maybe you guys don't buy the arms then? No one is forcing you.

Trashing a product none of us have ever used is a little suspicious... Do you work for Arrma?

Only CVD I bent was with EXB arms when they snapped hitting a steel pole. Haven't broken anything since I moved to RPM.

I race my Talion on 4s and bash on 6s weekly

But you guys do you. Opinions are like 💩 holes, everyone has one.

I only commented to help encourage other people who have no experience with RPM arms and who are thinking about paying a premium over the stock arms for these to consider not doing so, because for many users they end up being an expensive way to create more problems than they solve. Those who already own and are happy with other noodle arm variants can feel free to disregard my post, buy them, bring them to the swimming pool to float on, cover them with spaghetti sauce and enjoy a nice meal, etc..

Trashing a product none of us have ever used is a little suspicious... Do you work for Arrma?
I’ve used more RPM arms than you can shake a stick at, back when I had less experience and believed everyone who told me they were the best solution. I’ve since based by personal RPM ban on too much experience with them. And no, I don’t work for Arrma smarty pants.
Only CVD I bent was with EXB arms when they snapped hitting a steel pole. Haven't broken anything since I moved to RPM.
Hit any steel poles since switching to RPM?
I race my Talion on 4s and bash on 6s weekly
Not relevant to this conversation
But you guys do you. Opinions are like 💩 holes, everyone has one.
Yes, we all do have them. Most of us here don’t get that bent out of shape when someone doesn’t agree with ours, though. And by that I mean the opinion part…
Oh, and wait, I think I just got that…when you say “you do you” that doesn’t mean go “love” yourself, does it?
Jeez dude, lighten up. We’re only talking about an inferior product that people have dumped millions on…

I’ve used more RPM arms than you can shake a stick at, back when I had less experience and believed everyone who told me they were the best solution. I’ve since based by personal RPM ban on too much experience with them. And no, I don’t work for Arrma smarty pants.

Hit any steel poles since switching to RPM?

Not relevant to this conversation

Yes, we all do have them. Most of us here don’t get that bent out of shape when someone doesn’t agree with ours, though. And by that I mean the opinion part…
Oh, and wait, I think I just got that…when you say “you do you” that doesn’t mean go “love” yourself, does it?
Jeez dude, lighten up. We’re only talking about an inferior product that people have dumped millions on…
I'm sorry RPM hurt you so badly. Get help.

My psychiatrist upped my dose of anti-psychotics after I complained about the RPM spectres attacking me while I'm alone at night. Haven't seen them in several years now so it must have worked, or it might be a coincidence. I still won't buy the arms, as I'm convinced they are what tether the vengeful spirits to our plane of reality.

I like the stock ones. Took me a almosy 2 years to finally havr a vatastrophic failure a v5 arm🤣. A terrible suspension setup made it a tree magnet. I did reppace a few lower arms in the pass its just because during maintenance i found a cracks forming in the hinge pin hole. Changed them for premature measure and they were pretty chewed up because of the dogbones who kept popping out at that time
The stock arms develop a curve because of the vehicuoe weight. Rpm they just becone bananas over time and the softer plastics makes them snap more easily at the pins?🤷‍♂️

I'm only reading posts of angst from one here..lighten up man. If you like them, no problem. I don't, and it's from my own experience. Sorry my joke wasn't well received.

I'm only reading posts of angst from one here..lighten up man. If you like them, no problem. I don't, and it's from my own experience. Sorry my joke wasn't well received.
don't worry man. don't feel sorry
I thought most of the jokes were hilarious!

Why would I care what arms people buy?

It's just odd people are willing to slander something so readily when they clearly haven't ever tried it.

I'm excited to get them, and if they suck I will say so.

I hope they don't suck, and I hope they make rears.
Well rpm arms= more flexible and more durable than stock. But they cause shocks shafts and CVD to bend a lot easier. And sometimes they are not any stronger. They like to snap out of the hinch pins right on the molding joint. on the 3s cars they like to bake the bottom shock screw fly out because of how soft the plastic is. Then it causes the shock tower to burst. I believe back in the days rpm arms made sense but nawadays? Idk

Last edited:
Lizzen up, kiddees, 'cause Monster man here knows all about the blues... the RPM lower arm blues, baby!
I had them blues, then I went back to my ol' baby EXB type. I ain't messin' round no mo' with them wiggly bottoms.
I done slipped out the back without payin' my rent. Lef' da key under the mat, loosened back my droop screws, and bashed on.

IMAG1245.jpg

Well rpm arms= more flexible and more durable than stock. But they cause shocks shafts and CVD to bend a lot easier. And sometimes they are not any stronger. They like to snap out of the hinch pins right on the molding joint. on the 3s cars they like to bake the bottom shock screw fly out because of how soft the plastic is. Then it causes the shock tower to burst. I believe back in the days rpm arms made sense but nawadays? Idk
I totally get it. But here I am using RPM on my ultra lightweight Talion (7lbs naked) and never had an issue with my arms, pins, or shaft/cvds since. Using the car really hard (racing every nice day, about ,8 packs of batteries each time)

Now RPM come out with a reinforced product that I'm already using with great success.

So I'm excited for this release. I'm excited when any company releases new products for the car I'm currently using because that's just awesome. 👍

Lizzen up, kiddees, 'cause Monster man here knows all about the blues... the RPM lower arm blues, baby!
I had them blues, then I went back to my ol' baby EXB type. I ain't messin' round no mo' with them wiggly bottoms.
I done slipped out the back without payin' my rent. Lef' da key under the mat, loosened back my droop screws, and bashed on.

View attachment 217174

Maybe the Kraton is too heavy for the RPM arms?

I keep saying dogbones or CVD are the best driveshafts known for rc. They can last forever if you change the pins when they wear down. I have jennys spares because i had to replace the whole front by new sets because of the dog bone popping and i i kept bending them because of how agressive i was pushing my exb out. Bassicly the pins were impossible to remove

I totally get it. But here I am using RPM on my ultra lightweight Talion (7lbs naked) and never had an issue with my arms, pins, or shaft/cvds since. Using the car really hard (racing every nice day, about ,8 packs of batteries each time)

Now RPM come out with a reinforced product that I'm already using with great success.

So I'm excited for this release. I'm excited when any company releases new products for the car I'm currently using because that's just awesome. 👍

Maybe the Kraton is too heavy for the RPM arms?
Yes, definitely! RPM arms rock on 1/10th scale. Too flexy for 1/8th rigs, multiplied by the Kraton arm length. RPM's plastic formula does not scale up very well.

Yes, definitely! RPM arms rock on 1/10th scale. Too flexy for 1/8th rigs, multiplied by the Kraton arm length. RPM's plastic formula does not scale up very well.
Don't quite rock on an 1/8 scale, I cracked front RPM arm today on my Typhon 3s after like 10 runs.

Well if you're running a heavy Kraton and Dan is running a heavy Mojave, and I'm running a lightened Talion. Maybe that's the discrepancy here 🤣

Here is with 4s and a 2150kv for racing
IMG_20220403_014702.jpg

And here I am with the (heavy) 1717 2s to 8s capable I usually run 6s for bashing
IMG_20220502_230556.jpg

Back