Share your best RC deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma Granite Voltage on sale for $99 (again!) at Horizon. I keep thinking this truck is discontinued, but they keep selling it. Code: TRUCK

Affiliate link: https://bit.ly/42QaDtO

Arrma Granite Voltage on sale for $99 (again!) at Horizon. I keep thinking this truck is discontinued, but they keep selling it. Code: TRUCK

Welp, crap sells ya know. This truck makes the Boost line look like gold. I still have a box of new and slightly used upgrades for it that I’ll never use 😑

Welp, crap sells ya know. This truck makes the Boost line look like gold. I still have a box of new and slightly used upgrades for it that I’ll never use 😑

It’s a $99 RTR RC car, it’s not supposed to compete with the 4x4 line, there’s a reason those cost $200+.

The 4S line makes the 3S line look like crap, the 6S makes the 4S look like crap, etc etc. so should we all spend $550 on a 6S?

My nephew was 7 and got one for his birthday and had a lot of fun with it. Now he has a 2wd Slash and a Vorteks mega. Someday I’ll give him a 3S and eventually a 6S.

It’s a $99 RTR RC car, it’s not supposed to compete with the 4x4 line, there’s a reason those cost $200+.

The 4S line makes the 3S line look like crap, the 6S makes the 4S look like crap, etc etc. so should we all spend $550 on a 6S?

My nephew was 7 and got one for his birthday and had a lot of fun with it. Now he has a 2wd Slash and a Vorteks mega. Someday I’ll give him a 3S and eventually a 6S.
Good points, the real advantage is the ability to go pick up parts today at the LHS..vs the Amazon $99 cars where one might wait a month for parts. I'm not interested in a $99 brushed rc ATM, but when them grand kids come along.. you bet I will👍😁

My best rc deals come from @joostin420 in the forum classifieds section. :love:
He's a damn crack dealer.

I almost want to get one for the 5 year old kid next door who always comes over when he's out front with his parents and asks to drive my wifes 24th scale crawler.

Can you limit the things so they're slow as fuuuuu.

He's a damn crack dealer.

I almost want to get one for the 5 year old kid next door who always comes over when he's out front with his parents and asks to drive my wifes 24th scale crawler.

Can you limit the things so they're slow as fuuuuu.
Granite voltage? Yeah pretty slow. Between the 2wd and the controller set to lowest power level, it's pretty dang slow. It can still pick up some amount of speed if you drive in a straight line for a long time. The only downside is that it's not torquey at all at the lowest setting.

A lot of the other 3S rigs are $30-$50 off too.... like Granite for $290. It think it's anything they consider a 'truck' - it's truck month.

edit: Oh and they seem to have a bunch of basher tires on sale too. Was glad to see that backflip LP's were not one of them, since I bought a set last week. Many sale $20 or $30 off on a pair of tires.

Last edited:
The Granite Voltage's we have are pretty tough. They have taken some pretty bad crashes.. But... The drivetrain is weak. You snap the plastic outdrives and internal diff gears pretty easy. Taking them apart to replace the diff is crazy... For 2WD I prefer my Traxxas RC's.

Sure, you can win the QA/QC lottery and it might be a little tougher.. Our experience has been mixed. I think they were worth it when they were on sale for $60 a couple years ago.

scx6 honchos and wranglers for $950 on tower scratch and dent. i got a beige honcho!

Screenshot_20230407_103430_Chrome.jpg

Some Duratrax tires on sale everywhere
Horizon -Tower - Amazon
Good find! A lot are 12mm but definitely some gems in the mix. In for 2 sets:

For my Lost 8eight-2.0 to see how it handles with narrower buggy tires. $22 full set.

Duratrax Lockup 1/8 C2 Mounted Buggy Tires White 2 DTXC3615​

For my DBXL-e 2.0 - $44 full set... stocks have been wearing fast, so will be curious how these work

Duratrax Hatchet Mounted Black 24mm Kraton 8S 2 DTXC5593​

Good find! A lot are 12mm but definitely some gems in the mix. In for 2 sets:

For my Lost 8eight-2.0 to see how it handles with narrower buggy tires. $22 full set.

Duratrax Lockup 1/8 C2 Mounted Buggy Tires White 2 DTXC3615​

For my DBXL-e 2.0 - $44 full set... stocks have been wearing fast, so will be curious how these work

Duratrax Hatchet Mounted Black 24mm Kraton 8S 2 DTXC5593​

Haven’t bought anything rc related for a good month, but the deal on the hatchets for a Kraton 8s was too good to pass up.

Back